What size speakers?

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Hey guys I am pulling acouple of 6 1/2 Morel Maximus speakers out of my car could they be installed in the jl? What size speakers do they have? I am asking because they are kind of expensive and I rather sell them if they don't fit or if I have to mod anything to make them fit.
Sponsored

Hair Missile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey guys I am pulling acouple of 6 1/2 Morel Maximus speakers out of my car could they be installed in the jl? What size speakers do they have? I am asking because they are kind of expensive and I rather sell them if they don't fit or if I have to mod anything to make them fit.
They are like 4 inch speakers but Metra is coming out with new speaker pods for 6 1/2 inch. This post/thread should help you. Speaker replacement upgrade

OP
OP
Melny67

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
They are like 4 inch speakers but Metra is coming out with new speaker pods for 6 1/2 inch. This post/thread should help you. Speaker replacement upgrade
Thanks but I think I am going to sell them instead I really like the oem look and always try to hide subs and speakers. I am going to hunt down some 4".

Hair Missile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You might like these ones I’m talking about. They mount in the OEM location behind the dash. They are simply cut for a bigger speaker is all. Even come with an adaptor to plug into factory wiring. They sell for $60 a pair FYI. Also I believe you have to buy them from a dealer as Metra doesn’t appear to sell direct.

http://metraonline.com/part/JP-1014

That said if you decide to go with 4” I’m told Morel makes a great set of those too. I don’t know from first hand experience, only what the interwebs has told me.

Be sure to report back when you get your JL rockin!

OP
OP
Melny67

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
You might like these ones I’m talking about. They mount in the OEM location behind the dash. They are simply cut for a bigger speaker is all. Even come with an adaptor to plug into factory wiring. They sell for $60 a pair FYI. Also I believe you have to buy them from a dealer as Metra doesn’t appear to sell direct.

http://metraonline.com/part/JP-1014

That said if you decide to go with 4” I’m told Morel makes a great set of those too. I don’t know from first hand experience, only what the interwebs has told me.

Be sure to report back when you get your JL rockin!
Oh those look good I will for sure

toneloc2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sahara jl
Vehicle Showcase
the problem with those new pods is air volume, the output will not be beneficial over a good 4 inch driver.... just make door pods that look like factory...

IMG_1571.jpg
Sponsored