Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hope these photos help.

jl1.jpg
jl2.jpg
jl3.jpg

Hi.

Do the steps get in your way when coming out of the Jeep ? I like how they help up but wonder if getting out is an issue. I have a Durango with side steps and getting out is a pain for the kids and mom. Thanks
Sponsored

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
We installed the Amp Research PowerStep XL. It is a little pricey, but like the fact that it looks like a rock rail. It is perfect for what we needed in a step. Works perfectly. Really happy with the outcome.
20190430_173055.jpg
20190430_173114.jpg
20190501_161922.jpg

hi,

did you install yourself ? Easy? If you paid someone... $ ?

Thanks

JL FTWORTH

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport, 2021 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Hi.

Do the steps get in your way when coming out of the Jeep ? I like how they help up but wonder if getting out is an issue. I have a Durango with side steps and getting out is a pain for the kids and mom. Thanks
They are great for my wife who is 5'2" for her to use as a step on the way down. I'm over 6' tall so I have to step around it which is a pain but luckily they are removable so I don't have them on my side anymore and just have them for her side.

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
I've had N-FAB steps on my JLU Sport S for a while now, and loved them. Until I joined a club and started serious wheeling. Steps hang on every huge boulder or log. I just the other day installed my new RedRock 4x4 Sliders. They're great and still can function as a step, easily. Check out both in this photo, decide which meets your needs better. Lots of serious wheeling get sliders, not planning to wheel much serious terrain get the steps. Both from extremeterrain.com

20190718_151545-COLLAGE.jpg

IMG_20190720_071456.jpg
Not slider related but who makes those mirrors?

Sponsored

JeepAddict14

First Name
Debi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Black JLUR, Audi S5, Dodge Ram
Exactly ! Lol
I have a 4'8" tall daughter (kidney disease) who needs a step to get in....so step it is. Since it's our Jeep, we each pay for them with our own money, we can deck them out any way we choose correct?? #notaskingforafriend :) Have an awesome day everyone!! Jeep on! Ordered my JLUR last night!! Currently have a 17 JKUR Recon edition.

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I installed these on my jl, nice fit and got them on sale for under 200.00, wife is happy now.
Keeping stock sliders in shed just in case I ever go looking for rocks.

20191015_072243.jpg

20191015_072230.jpg

Sponsored

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the @ACE Engineering sliders finally. They have an early Black Friday deal going on for $110 off. Great customer service so far. Hoping for delivery next week.

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I need a step type because of 3 small kids, wife and mom that can barely get in. Was considering the Ace Sliders, Iron Cross GPJL300 and the Roam Sliders. The Ace guys are great and with the early balck friday deal plus being able to pick I was about to pull the trigger. The Iron Cross price point was great, but they are just a little too plain in design for me. Even knowing the issues for the @ROAM sliders I kept going back to them. In my opinion they are the best looking ones out there. Maybe i'd go with the LOD's but they are way to pricey for me. I hope I get lucky with these.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the magnum cuz of a total of 8" drop from door sil to steps and bolts up exactly where the stock Rubicon slider does, a cordless drill and approximately 30 min and rock rails are back in place. They do sit higher than the bottom of the jl.

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Looking at reviews of the NFAB J1866 tube steps, I like the style but there are a lot of older reviews of rust poor quality etc. has quality changed?
Sponsored