Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

huckleberryshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
ROAM JL Rock Rails – Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Rock Sliders
Has anyone seen pictures or in person?
Sponsored

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Due to popular demand, we've added a drop down selection on our site for our logo plates in black on our 2 and 4 door flat step sliders.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/category_s/487.htm

RH-90105-2T.jpg
What are the chances of adding dimpled steps to your angled up versions? Similar to how JCR or LOD have on the top of their sliders? I'm looking for something that provides good protection offroad, but also protects the side of the jeep from road debris getting kicked up by the tires (snow, salt, and sand) Or at least minimizes the debris being kicked up. We both know how much Nebraska likes to use salt and sand in the winter.

I know you offer the flat steps which would meet the criteria I mentioned above but I can't get past the idea that they look like a running board because of the bare look on top, and I honestly think the 2 logos on each side is to much. If the logo was smaller and only one on each side like your bumper, in my opinion would look better. I have no problem telling everyone what I throw on my jeep, but i don't want to drive around looking like I'm sponsored unless I really am.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
These aftermarket parts companies need to get over themselves. If they make a good product, it sells itself. No need for big logos on the parts. A tiny one will do. Most of us don't want 10 different large logos plastered, decaled, or laser cut into the parts we have payed good money for. I know I've avoided some products because the logo was just too much. I heard the same from others.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Can someone post pictures of how and where the Roam steps are mounted? I can't seem to find any pictures or even a video. And has anyone with Roam steps experienced any good bashing while offroad?

Edit: Never mind. Completely forgot about the other thread.

Last edited:

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door 6-Speed
Got my Roam frame mounted sliders last week, but haven't had a chance to take pics until today.

The installation was straightforward; the 2-door versions don't have rivnuts like the 4-doors do.

The driver's side rear mounting arm seemed angled a bit high, causing the rear of the step to be too close to the body. I put some washers inbetween the mounting bracket and the frame to give it a bit more space. It's not perfect like the passenger's side, but it works.

Haven't taken any impacts to them yet. I decided not to install the included lights, because I prefer a no frills look.

IMG_20190406_161146.jpg
IMG_20190406_161155.jpg
IMG_20190406_161254.jpg
IMG_20190406_161315.jpg

View attachment 165183

IMG_20190406_161204.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
About 2 weeks. I do know that they have to powder-coat them before shipping if you didn't order raw. There also may be a backlog on orders for the ones you ordered. Give them a call, i'm sure they can give you an update. I'm learning to be patient, I live literally in the asscrack of nowhere and also everything for the JL is still fairly new and in high demand. I'm still waiting on wheels and tires and a lift kit that I ordered over a month ago through different vendors. Right now i'm the nerd rocking a yellow stock Sport with bad ass rock rails and street tires, lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: