Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How long did it take you to get them? I have been waiting for 3 weeks so far.......
I waited a total of 4.5 weeks. Mine just shipped yesterday.
Sponsored

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 jk sahara, 18 sport s jl
Were you able to program that aux button to turn on with dome lights? Since they turn on with key fob unlock
i just hooked them up to a aux switch. i didnot hook them up to my doom lights. I did have three lights that started to rust from water in them. 2 are no longer working. I would recommend checking the water proofing. it looks like they were not sealed properly. i think silicone or hot glue gun could fix it.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
i just hooked them up to a aux switch. i didnot hook them up to my doom lights. I did have three lights that started to rust from water in them. 2 are no longer working. I would recommend checking the water proofing. it looks like they were not sealed properly. i think silicone or hot glue gun could fix it.
From my understanding the aux switches are programmable. I'm just wondering how programmable they are. Such as turn on with door unlock

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know of discount coupons for the Roam steps?

Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
You can barely see the logo if you use the black plate. It doesn't stand out at all and is very easy to overlook.
I'm sure it is but I feel the same way about the ACE trail doors as well. I understand they use these products to promote but having different logos all over the Jeep just isn't my thing. If they could be easily removed it wouldn't be an issue but these logos are usually cut into the metal. (I liken it to putting engine/suspension/wheel upgrade stickers on your windows. Some people like it but I don't see the need to promote K&N on your windows because you added a Cold Air Intake).

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I'm sure it is but I feel the same way about the ACE trail doors as well. I understand they use these products to promote but having different logos all over the Jeep just isn't my thing. If they could be easily removed it wouldn't be an issue but these logos are usually cut into the metal. (I liken it to putting engine/suspension/wheel upgrade stickers on your windows. Some people like it but I don't see the need to promote K&N on your windows because you added a Cold Air Intake).
Yep. I generally don’t like license plate brackets with dealership names, etchings with dealer names, of products with logos all over them. It’d be one thing if you only had one brand of products so it was consistent, but it feels odd to me when it’s all over the place.

The @IronCrossAutomotive steps I ordered have a nice removable adhesive/metal badge that goes on the side of the steps. Great for those who want the badge, and those who don’t.

To each their own - I love getting to pick according to my own preference.

DirtRoad1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Will the 2018 JL rubicon unlimited stock rock rails fit the JL sport unlimited? I bought a pair from a friend that took his off and want to mount them to mine... anyone

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Will the 2018 JL rubicon unlimited stock rock rails fit the JL sport unlimited? I bought a pair from a friend that took his off and want to mount them to mine... anyone
@DirtRoad1981

Yes, they will bolt right on and geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, will you see a major improvement in the look of your JLU with the pinch rails covered and the Rubi's on.

Be sure to get all the Rubi rail hardware from your friend!

Hey, you might benefit from watching this install video:

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
Thanks to this very informative thread, I finally settled on and received my Roam steps this week. They arrived sooner than I expected, well protected, and in perfect shape!

They are definitely hefty and very well built, so I’m super happy with them. I chose to leave the Roam logo blacked out, as I like the clean look and was worried about how a reflector would hold up over time. Hopefully soon I have the time to wire up the lights!

This thread should be stickied IMHO. Thanks all!

6211563F-5FD8-4546-BB46-6DA53A107E23.jpeg

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
I ordered a set of NFAB rock rails with removable steps - best of both worlds for my level of off roading.
I have been eyeing those—how do you like them? Can you send/post pics with the steps on and off whenever you have a chance?