Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
Nice collection and new addition! Is that white one a vette? Around early '70s? What year is the Porsche?
Thanks!!
Unfortunately they do not belong to me. We were at my husbands shop today when I took that picture. Both are customer cars. The white one is a Shelby Cobra replica ❤ I’m not sure what year the Porsche is, I believe my husband mentioned it was from the 60’s.
Sponsored

Wdreno

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Rubicon
Just ordered Nemesis "Billy rocker" rock sliders. They don't have them up on there web site yet but if u pull them up for jk they look real similar. They have a added step u can purchase separately that is installed/removed with 2 bolts. So easy removal for those hard core outings. They r pretty similar to jcr's sliders but in aluminum. Nemesis says there about 3 week lead with powder coat

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a set of ROAM side steps today, and I think they look great with the factory fenders!
DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0915.JPG
Those are pretty sweet!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I had ACE rock sliders on my JKU and I loved them, but I went with the molded production Mopar step rails (same ones used at the factory) for my JLU because:

- Lower cost. Got mine for $365 delivered, and could have saved more if I used my Jeep Wave Program discount. I wish I had known that the Jeep Wave Program is free for two years to anyone who buys a new Wrangler. Dang...

- Better protection from gravel/rocks. Lots of guys lose paint because they have nothing to protect the doors on the Jeep. The factory rails completely cover the rockers and protect the doors.

- No fears of corrosion. The molded material will last forever.

- Better fit. The OE pieces fit nice and snug, whereas some of the aftermarket ones don't.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
IdI be totally ok with waiting if their website hadn't said "get it in 3-5 days" :P but I guess I gotta wait one way or another

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I had ACE rock sliders on my JKU and I loved them, but I went with the molded production Mopar step rails (same ones used at the factory) for my JLU because:

- Lower cost. Got mine for $365 delivered, and could have saved more if I used my Jeep Wave Program discount.
Where did you find a discount on these with the Jeep Wave program?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Where did you find a discount on these with the Jeep Wave program?
Everybody who buys/leases a new Wrangler is automatically enrolled in the Jeep Wave Program for two years. One of the many benefits is that they give you 20-40 percent off Mopar parts and accessories for your Jeep up to a maximum of $500 annually.

I got my dealer to match online pricing for the Mopar production side steps at $360 but I completely was oblivious at the time that I could have used the Jeep Wave benefit to take another huge chunk out of the price. DOH!! I just found out about the benefits of the program right after I bought the side steps.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've had zero luck getting a hold of the NFAB Nerf steps. Ordered from extreme terrain, my order was stuck in "processing" for over a week with no resolution after multiple days of calling customer support. Cancelled my XT order, ordered from quadratec with an ETA of April 20. Found out yesterday orders were pushed back to May 18. Am I just unlucky? Where did you guys order from?
I have had my NFAB RKR rails with removable steps on order for about 6wks - hoping they ship this week at least that is what I was told last week.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Just got word from Chris at LoD that the Destroyer series for JL will be releasing this Thursday.

Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I cannot see for certain. Are the Roam steps also sliders or just steps? I am trying to decide between them and Ace for my JLUR. I definitely want strong body protection sliders, but real steps would be nice for the fam.

Thx

2wheelz4me

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 4 door
TTEChris- Where did you buy these? I just went to their site to purchase and cannot find a way to do so. Thanks so much!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
TTEChris- Where did you buy these? I just went to their site to purchase and cannot find a way to do so. Thanks so much!
You can contact Anthony @ Roam. Last time I heard they were still a few weeks out.

ROAM Offroad Contact:
Anthony
[email protected] (Email preferred)
Phone: 832-559-1969

2wheelz4me

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 4 door
Thanks so much and thanks for the quick reply! I am going to assume you like yours? They look great.

jeffrey4x4

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLSTC
Here is the Rhino RB20 on my JLUR. Went with steps due to age. These in no way substitute for rock rails. They would fold like a cheap suit but is a nice step!

0E24FB66-221B-4DAA-B1AB-40715BA19180.jpeg

0C92E876-0C67-4C2D-A70C-2A84FFDAAAAB.jpeg

7809A310-D6E7-48C9-8066-F8AD78980EE7.jpeg

7B32E1FA-3D4D-46CB-A17A-6B5D596DF50D.jpeg
Those look great on your Jeep. Where did you buy them? BTW great looking Rubicon!
Sponsored