Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

MarkW

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Soooooo. Rock sliders with steps with no huge gaps so wife can get in and out if she has heels on... I like the Roam (but these are body mount now). Do I want frame mount? Body mount? Advice please!!!!! On a Sahara not Rubicon. Does this exist??
Sponsored

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
For the love of God, can we make this a sticky already and call it the Side Step/Rail/ Slider list?

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
Soooooo. Rock sliders with steps with no huge gaps so wife can get in and out if she has heels on... I like the Roam (but these are body mount now). Do I want frame mount? Body mount? Advice please!!!!! On a Sahara not Rubicon. Does this exist??
I’m waiting for a 2 dr JL but when available (May?) I plan to install Ace sliders. I’ll keep my factory Rubicon rails, the Ace sliders will sit high and tight and according to Ace, they work fine for an entry step. I asked them about a flat step platform and they said no plans for it. If my wife wants one, I’ll add my own entry platform. Price seems reasonable for my needs. They fit non-Rubicon models. Good luck in your search!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't mind waiting I'm sure there will be "too many" options in the near future that suit your/her needs.
I personally prefer the rock slider over a dedicated step, but my wife is the opposite and she won't be bouncing off rocks.
I won't do it on purpose either, but I will try tougher trails that she will bypass. The Poison Spyder body mount sliders have saved my ass on several occasions in the JK(they do have you drill more mounting holes in the body.) I have slammed the full weight of the Jeep on them with no damage other than some paint missing/scratches on the sliders. I think a frame mount weld on slider is the best for protection, but not being able to easily take them off for touchups has always stopped me from going that direction.

My wife very rarely wears heels, but I think you would need to be careful with the holes in the ROAM sliders and a skinny heal. They are great for traction with our rubber sole shoes.

20180418_194836.jpg

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
18C39E42-E7F3-485F-9B83-3FDFE81B8853.jpeg 6D00AA52-7202-498D-B6A1-FD1F202FF8E2.jpeg
I’m waiting for a 2 dr JL but when available (May?) I plan to install Ace sliders. I’ll keep my factory Rubicon rails, the Ace sliders will sit high and tight and according to Ace, they work fine for an entry step. I asked them about a flat step platform and they said no plans for it. If my wife wants one, I’ll add my own entry platform. Price seems reasonable for my needs. They fit non-Rubicon models. Good luck in your search!
Some pictures of the Ace sliders on a 4dr Rubicon:

Sponsored

MarkW

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
If you don't mind waiting I'm sure there will be "too many" options in the near future that suit your/her needs.
I personally prefer the rock slider over a dedicated step, but my wife is the opposite and she won't be bouncing off rocks.
I won't do it on purpose either, but I will try tougher trails that she will bypass. The Poison Spyder body mount sliders have saved my ass on several occasions in the JK(they do have you drill more mounting holes in the body.) I have slammed the full weight of the Jeep on them with no damage other than some paint missing/scratches on the sliders. I think a frame mount weld on slider is the best for protection, but not being able to easily take them off for touchups has always stopped me from going that direction.

My wife very rarely wears heels, but I think you would need to be careful with the holes in the ROAM sliders and a skinny heal. They are great for traction with our rubber sole shoes.

20180418_194836.jpg
Thanks for the info. She doesn’t wear heels often either. However she is ready to get it off road and I just want something that best protects it. May just have to be patient and wait for other options......which is not easy for me. Lol

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
In case anyone is looking for something more on the offroad side of things:

Our Crusader Sliders work great as a step and will take whatever you can throw at them, but you have to be OK with drilling holes in your body. Should be released in the next few days.

crusader-sliders-edit.jpg

We also have a complete bolt-on solution with our Classic slider that mounts to the body pinch weld AND the body mounts. Super strong and makes a great step as well.

JLSL-CL-4D_3.png

JLSL-CL-4D_1.png
Looks very cool!

Sponsored

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
I've had zero luck getting a hold of the NFAB Nerf steps. Ordered from extreme terrain, my order was stuck in "processing" for over a week with no resolution after multiple days of calling customer support. Cancelled my XT order, ordered from quadratec with an ETA of April 20. Found out yesterday orders were pushed back to May 18. Am I just unlucky? Where did you guys order from?

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I've had zero luck getting a hold of the NFAB Nerf steps. Ordered from extreme terrain, my order was stuck in "processing" for over a week with no resolution after multiple days of calling customer support. Cancelled my XT order, ordered from quadratec with an ETA of April 20. Found out yesterday orders were pushed back to May 18. Am I just unlucky? Where did you guys order from?
Hi there! Sorry about your "luck". I checked their website. Their steps are built to order. I suspect there is a sizable backload. That makes it difficult for dealers to process orders as quickly as we would like. By the looks of them it is probably worth waiting for. If you ordered off their website you might receive them sooner. Keep the faith! Cheers

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
FB7663C3-8BF6-4496-BE76-25D12295AE0E.jpeg
My husband & I put the ROAM steps on my new JL and I ❤ them. Makes getting in and out of the Jeep so much easier for our four boys and I.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
FB7663C3-8BF6-4496-BE76-25D12295AE0E.jpeg
My husband & I put the ROAM steps on my new JL and I ❤ them. Makes getting in and out of the Jeep so much easier for our four boys and I.
Nice collection and new addition! Is that white one a vette? Around early '70s? What year is the Porsche?
Sponsored

Reactions: zyt