Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Jay, Lod's are costly. Are they better than a nerf or hdx for someone who doesn't plan heavy off-roading?
Well, lod’s are more expensive yes, but they are more a step and a rock slider in one (which is nice to have) I’m sure someone who’s got LOD’s can chime in better than me on how they’ve held up.

As for me I did go with the rough country contoured steps ….and the figment is great looks good and I’m approaching year 2 with them and they’ve held up quite well!

I still have my factory rubicon rock sliders, incase I end up venturing out to do rock crawling.

but if you’re not looking to do any hardckre Off-roading and mainly need a step…any of the others you listed obove should fit your needs! 👍
Sponsored

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Well, lod’s are more expensive yes, but they are more a step and a rock slider in one (which is nice to have) I’m sure someone who’s got LOD’s can chime in better than me on how they’ve held up.

As for me I did go with the rough country contoured steps ….and the figment is great looks good and I’m approaching year 2 with them and they’ve held up quite well!

I still have my factory rubicon rock sliders, incase I end up venturing out to do rock crawling.

but if you’re not looking to do any hardckre Off-roading and mainly need a step…any of the others you listed obove should fit your needs! 👍

Yeah, I might order a RC Countoured for my incoming 4xe...for the price, it can't go wrong...Thanks for the response

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
I just put on the ACE sliders. I will say if your prioritizing the step they may not be the best choice. They don’t drop enough for a true step. But they are not advertised as functioning as a true step. I really like the look maintaining the Rubi rails.
Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? 21E02A71-5E0B-471B-8248-275442606915

waporvare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I just put on the ACE sliders. I will say if your prioritizing the step they may not be the best choice. They don’t drop enough for a true step. But they are not advertised as functioning as a true step. I really like the look maintaining the Rubi rails.
Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? 21E02A71-5E0B-471B-8248-275442606915
This is what I ordered several weeks ago. From what i can tell by looking at your photo the step is at least lower than stepping into the cabin, correct?

Sponsored

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
It will. Attached is not a great pic. Drop 6 or so inches from the outside of the sill.

Sponsored

kgammon

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon,2020 JL Rubicon 2-Door, 1983 CJ-5
Hi Everyone,

Finally installed the new side steps/rock guards on my wife's JLU today. They're from Greenlane Offroad a Canadian company. Made of high strength aluminum and we opted for the black powder coat finish.

We're super pleased with the reduced weight (they say there 15 lbs less than the stock rock sliders), the fact that they'll never rust and they also look great.. I'll post a more detailed review including the backstory on why we went with these in a standalone thread.

This particular thread was very helpful when I was doing research on what to get so a huge thanks to everyone who has posted here with their experiences.

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? EE8CC61D-BA9E-4E40-A979-99B58F3D3D7D
Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? EE8CC61D-BA9E-4E40-A979-99B58F3D3D7D
Doing a ton of research for side steps/rails for my 2021 4xe Rubicon. Was leaning towards the ACE Rock sliders so I could keep the stock rails... but these look great and love the weight savings- are you still liking them? Any off-road experiences with them?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I have had Ace Engineering steps on my JK and on my past and current 392 Rubicon. I am very pleased with the fit and finish and the fact that you get to keep your factory rock guards to cover up and protect the pinch welds. The protection that it offers to the side of your Jeep is great too, there are various paint colors on the outside tube from people who don't care if they ding you door and they suffer the consequences not you.They do not stick out past the flares as you can see in the second picture

It does make getting in and out easier along with cleaning the windshield along with the roof

039.JPG

040.JPG

kgammon

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon,2020 JL Rubicon 2-Door, 1983 CJ-5
I have had Ace Engineering steps on my JK and on my past and current 392 Rubicon. I am very pleased with the fit and finish and the fact that you get to keep your factory rock guards to cover up and protect the pinch welds. The protection that it offers to the side of your Jeep is great too, there are various paint colors on the outside tube from people who don't care if they ding you door and they suffer the consequences not you.They do not stick out past the flares as you can see in the second picture

It does make getting in and out easier along with cleaning the windshield along with the roof

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? 040.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler? 040.JPG
Nice- I do like how clean those are! Looking for exactly those two things- a little more side protection and making it easier for short family members to get in...

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Nice- I do like how clean those are! Looking for exactly those two things- a little more side protection and making it easier for short family members to get in...
Here a few more pics to give you an idea of that they look like

020.jpg

392-B.jpg

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

I have the same ace ones on my rubi.

my 5-3 wife appreciates them as does my 3 year old.

they are also handy when getting things off /putting things on the roof rack
Sponsored