Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
How many inches will the step place be lower than the rail? I am not sure it is enough to make a difference for this 5'2 person!
you will be good. I have girls hopping in and out of my jeep that are your height. You may want to buy those handles that go inside your jeep that you can wrap around the railing inside.
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I took these with my phone and drone, haha. I can email you the originals or I will have to take some with my actual camera. Just saw this post. Did you make a roof rack that can work with the sky touch sun roof?
Yeah our roof rack works with your sky one touch! Give us a call and we can work up a quote for you. The original photos of your jeep would be great! Send them to [email protected] and we'll get them posted on our sites! :like:

Butch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited
you will be good. I have girls hopping in and out of my jeep that are your height. You may want to buy those handles that go inside your jeep that you can wrap around the railing inside.
I went with these Hooke Road sliders

29A787E2-46A1-47F6-A6A5-174EBA65638F.jpeg

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

just put my ace sliders on today, stoked on them but came a little scuffed up (not sure how as the packing was not damaged)

first real mod I have done on a jeep or any car

hit each bolt with the torch for about 25-30 seconds. and used an impact wrench I borrowed from a buddy

took about an hour from start to finish. prob could have cut that time in half but watched the videos a couple of times and took my time to avoid breaking a bolt.

next to order and install a winch

hmz236

First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Skimmed through all 87 pages but didn't see much info on Metalcloack or Shrockworks.

Does anybody have any experience with the Metalcloack Overline Rocker Rails or the Shrockworks Rocker Rails?

Sponsored

IslandGirl05

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Custom decals
Forgot to include the side steps in negotiations. What side steps would you recommend? I have a JLU Sport. My first Jeep and the more I drive it, the more I want to drive it.

Thanks,
Stacey
These are the side steps that we got. We have a child with disabilities and a service dog and 2 younger kids and these step ups work great! They were a good price, easy to install and made well.

E9579073-2C48-4D39-811F-AF2ACD534764.jpeg

EA6DD5A7-1FEE-4D4C-A8FF-0C2542675CB6.jpeg

55F5CE08-FAEF-4C56-AADA-602E78511BC7.jpeg

Exevious

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 6sp
Occupation
VP, Ecommerce / Supply Chain
Yes! These Hooke or Tyger.

I figured a smooth solid section of FLAT is important on this part of the vehicle.

While I would like steps for wife and child, and some of those step bars like NFAB look great... it just seems those step sections are nothing but 'hooks' to grab onto everything when out having fun??

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
when i bought side step Rock sliders I was more concerned with mounting points more than looks. Simple install on the body frame mounts without any drilling or modifications. I got the Smitty Built SRC and it came with nice steel strips to cover the pinch seam. has the third rail but does not ride below the vehicles frame

Rousie13

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU, '19 Honda Pilot Touring, '15 Honda Accord EXL
I ended up going with the LOD Signature Rock Slides. I did end up drilling the front hole on the passenger side, but did not drill the rear holes (figured it wasn't needed for me). The slides arrived packaged very very well from LOD.....i think it took me longer to unbox them, then actually install them. The passenger side easily slid over the body mounts, which was great since I had to mount them to mark the hole that needed to be drilled, then remove them to drill/paint. The driver side slide needed a little love with a rubber mallet to get over the body mounts. All in all, an easy install and am very happy with them.

side.jpg

close.jpg

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ended up going with the LOD Signature Rock Slides. I did end up drilling the front hole on the passenger side, but did not drill the rear holes (figured it wasn't needed for me). The slides arrived packaged very very well from LOD.....i think it took me longer to unbox them, then actually install them. The passenger side easily slid over the body mounts, which was great since I had to mount them to mark the hole that needed to be drilled, then remove them to drill/paint. The driver side slide needed a little love with a rubber mallet to get over the body mounts. All in all, an easy install and am very happy with them.

side.jpg

close.jpg
Looks great. I’ll be installing these in a couple weeks. What did you use to cover the pinch seams?

Sponsored

Rousie13

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU, '19 Honda Pilot Touring, '15 Honda Accord EXL
Looks great. I’ll be installing these in a couple weeks. What did you use to cover the pinch seams?
I installed Bushwacker Black Rocker Panel Covers (14085). I think it took me longer to trim/test fit/install those, than the LOD Sliders. I included a pic of just the panel covers installed without the sliders.

No Slides.jpg

Last edited:

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Skimmed through all 87 pages but didn't see much info on Metalcloack or Shrockworks.

Does anybody have any experience with the Metalcloack Overline Rocker Rails or the Shrockworks Rocker Rails?
While I can't speak to the JL sliders (although the design looks similar), the Shrockworks sliders on my Xterra were tough as nails!

hmz236

First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
While I can't speak to the JL sliders (although the design looks similar), the Shrockworks sliders on my Xterra were tough as nails!
Awesome thanks for the response. At the moment I'm leaning towards shrockworks. I've heard great things about their sliders on other models. Hopefully the same translates to the JL!

islandjeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 Cherokee, '91 Jeep YJ
Vehicle Showcase