Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Any update on this question about the mounting and flexing. Makes sense that this is/could be an issue.

@ROCK HARD 4X4
They do not mount to both as far as I've seen. They bolt to the pinch seem, regular tub mount and the body bolts. Since they bolt up using the bolts and not the mount I believe they will move with the body. They have some pics on their site.

They also have an option to have a flat step option that has a plate so it would help with road debris being kicked up.
Sponsored

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
So your rocker guard is mounted to the frame and body, I would think that would cause some issues with natural body flex. The frame is fixed while the body is somewhat isolated with rubber flexable mounts. Or am I wrong about this?

What is the total weight?

Can I customize the rocker? Instead of seeing the tubes I would like to have plate a crossed the top. This would keep mud, stones, whatever from being flicked up into the body.
You're wrong about how ours are mounted, but correct in what you are thinking if they were mounted that way. We DO NOT mount to the body in a way that would cause binding. We mount through the pinch seam/weld, through to the FLEXIBLE side of the body mount, and into the floor. That allows our sliders to move with your body, without adding a rigid link to your frame.

Total weight is 80 pounds total, approx 40~lbs per side.

We already offer what you are seeking for the plate:
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/category_s/487.htm

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps

gagliardom22

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hello Everyone ! Just got my 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, and I am thinking about getting the Roan side steps. I see that some of you paid $299 for the introductory price. Right now they are listed for $459 plus shipping, does anyone know if there is a discount code? Or do I need to contact them directly ?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Here are the Go Rhino Dominator D-6 Slider with Optional removable Drop Steps, These are classified as sliders by Go Rhine, they are but not hardcore. The Drop steps are OPTIONAL as well they are REMOVABLE. This is perfect for my 5'1" wife and frankly my self at 6'. With the 35's 3.5" lift it is the perfect access for us that also allows us to remove the drop steps when needed,

lower%20half%20jeep_zpsvfeyredx.jpg

front%20corner_zpsl89bdu0h.jpg

step%202_zpsloasdwks.jpg

Sponsored

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

lvshane

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
@ROAM finally got my roam side steps installed, been a ton of rain so the ruby is really nasty but here are a few pics.

22F2F338-1D31-4412-AE4F-C533BE96454E.jpeg

D6F7B9AE-0AAE-4EF0-B344-CC4B6536B90C.jpeg

A973DE0C-145B-45A0-A439-34BE7BBC623E.jpeg
Looks great! Were there instructions on how to wire the lights? Did you find the wiring to be difficult?

Jrip

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Looks great! Were there instructions on how to wire the lights? Did you find the wiring to be difficult?
I did not have any instructions besides the ones that are in roam post. I ran the wires through the firewall and connected them to the footwell lights like @boogie did. On thing I did learn is that once you get the wires connected, prior to running them into the footwell, use a 9 volt battery to make sure all the lights are working correctly. There are a couple of different methods in that post but boogie’s was pretty simple and works great.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-any-lights-with-door-open-illumination.8744/

The original method is great, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. Keep reading and you will find the one by boogie.

Sponsored

MSchir1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Do you have an '18 or '19? Go Rhino's site says there's nothing available for my '19 JLU Sport S. :(
Mine is an 18. I highly doubt there is any difference between the 18 and 19 but never a bad idea to get confirmation. I called GoRhino with some questions during my install and their customer service is awesome. I would give em a call to make sure but you should be good to go. Loving the steps so far.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
You're wrong about how ours are mounted, but correct in what you are thinking if they were mounted that way. We DO NOT mount to the body in a way that would cause binding. We mount through the pinch seam/weld, through to the FLEXIBLE side of the body mount, and into the floor. That allows our sliders to move with your body, without adding a rigid link to your frame.

Total weight is 80 pounds total, approx 40~lbs per side.

We already offer what you are seeking for the plate:
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/category_s/487.htm
Ok my original thought was body mounting is lame and frame mounting the only way to go. I still think frame mounting is probably overall better. BUT....researching and thinking about it more I'm of the mindset your rocker is likely WAY stouter then the stock ruby rocker and that can take quite a hit, Also websearches and youtube video's of VERY well setups show body mounting is more then adequate. Big hits were taken and it just gets shrugged off with your rocker as well as some other ones with a similar body setup.

So, while I'm not hard core I do see some things and think your rocker is plenty stout. Plus I'm looking at weight and if your's is TRULY 80lbs that is pretty darn good. If I get them and they are heavier I am sending them back! lol
Sponsored