Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if you need any additional photos or anything. Wifey and I installed these together (no real wrenching experience - just a couple of suburbanite parents in our garage with my old manual tool kit, no lift or air tools or anything fancy).
If you are doing sliders/steps that have you remove the front body bolt you might want to pick up some map gas and head it up to melt the red loctite. There have been quite a few stories about the bolt snapping.
Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I just pre-ordered Rampage's new JL retracting rock sliders/steps. They are on Amazon now, and a few other places (I think they got posted today, cuz I've been looking/stalking). Rampage told me mid-Sept, but Amazon is showing 1-3 months shipping... :crying:

You hear that??? That's the sound of me impatiently waiting... :swear:

:jk:

Badger98

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Let me know if you need any additional photos or anything. Wifey and I installed these together (no real wrenching experience - just a couple of suburbanite parents in our garage with my old manual tool kit, no lift or air tools or anything fancy).
Quick question about the Iron Cross steps. Are they steps only or are they considered rock rails also?

Badger98

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Firecracker Red JLUR
I was going back and forth between the Roam and LOD Destroyers as well. I have zero regrets...

13_F5617_F_0_E56_45_C6_84_E8_3318_A8742487.jpg

D8548697_6_E6_D_436_F_B69_E_AC7_A6858_D40_A.jpg

6_C58_A1_F7_941_E_4_BA5_8_C07_130338_B9_B8_D7.jpg
I am deciding between the Roam, Iron Cross, and Go Rhino RB10’s. I would like more protection than side steps only so I am leaning toward the Roams. My only concern with the Roams is how sharp they look. How sharp are the edges and the holes? Can they be used bare foot? Thanks for the info.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Roam steps are not sharp. You will be fine bare foot. I Line-X coated mine and they feel even better.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Quick question about the Iron Cross steps. Are they steps only or are they considered rock rails also?
They said they’re good for a bit of weight but they are not advertising them as sliders.

Brew20MJO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Ocean Blue Metallic
Painted my ROAM backplate red!! Going to paint the other side once I can get some Ocean Blue paint so I can change it up every now and then.

7BEBD003-7094-4B25-A9AE-03BA76FFF8A2.jpeg

6E858B41-7B8F-49F6-9356-D8F659D6AEE4.jpeg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Anyone have an opinion on these two products?
Looking for a step but also a reasonably effective rock slider. Rockhard said they can paint their logo piece black so it won't show up as much.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90105.htm
https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...-jl-signature-series-4-door-rock-sliders.html
I have the RockHard4x4 angled up bars http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90104.htm , which when I asked them what the difference is, it is simply just the angle that the tubes are welded on at, and the flat has a step plate welded on top of it. I almost went for the step but decided on the angled up.

In any case, I highly recommend their products. I really like the build quality and design of the bars that I received.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Roam steps are not sharp. You will be fine bare foot. I Line-X coated mine and they feel even better.
Did you do it or have it done, If so how much?? For LIne X

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you do it or have it done, If so how much?? For LIne X
I had a local LIne X shop do it. They charged me $300. You might look into another professional bedliner place do it...may be cheaper. Didn't have a choice...I only had 2 places here locally and my steps were trashed by UPS.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a local LIne X shop do it. They charged me $300. You might look into another professional bedliner place to do it...may be cheaper like Rhino etc. Didn't have a choice...I only had 2 places here locally and my steps were trashed by UPS.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a set of NFAB rock rails with removable steps - best of both worlds for my level of off roading.
Could you please post a link? It's a daily driver that sees off roading on the weekends so this is the best of both worlds in terms of rails.
Sponsored