Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

Lotchs

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Looks awesome! Not so bad once you get into it right?
Just time consuming...

I've been playing around with some black vinyl trying to fill in the Compass for the "O" in ROAM, but I have zero artistic ability and can't even cut a proportional diamond shape :headbang:

Very time consuming. It took all of Saturday morning/ afternoon & a few hours Sunday with 5 trips to the auto parts store. But now the relay switch needs to be changed out. The one that's on there now, you can like hear it vibrate off & on. (?)

For the "O", do you mean something like this?
compass.jpg

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
Congrats, looking fwd to pics. Ordered 7-7 and still waiting
They arrived late Saturday and was unable to install them yesterday. Will try and take care of it this week.
rock sliders.jpg

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
They arrived late Saturday and was unable to install them yesterday. Will try and take care of it this week.
rock sliders.jpg
Great, let us know how it goes, especially loosening those front bolts everyone is talking about. How long did it take for you to get them from order to delivery? I’m on 3 weeks now...

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
Great, let us know how it goes, especially loosening those front bolts everyone is talking about. How long did it take for you to get them from order to delivery? I’m on 3 weeks now...
I ordered them July 16 and they arrived july 28. So 12 days. Nick at Ace said it was dependent on how much was in the shop. They really look great and feel solid. Just what i needed. i will pass on how installation went when i install them

Sponsored

JLRubicon4ggg

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 2010 Lexus 250 IS
Occupation
Registered Nurse
UPS is having issues with drivers and trucks. The first batch of steps were suppose to be shipped Friday but they had to reschedule till Monday. Monday afternoon the manager actually rented a Budget rental truck so small that we could only fit 12 steps. Shipping and taking hundreds of steps is nothing like having an envelope picked up. They will currently have someone pick up steps everyday this week.
Hello, @ROAM.
So I received my order this Wednesday 7/25 and opened the package this weekend to install them. There were quite a few parts missing. I was so excited to be installing them as it was difficult enough finding the help to do so. My box also came pretty banged up and the contents only included 2 ROAM side steps, 1 is damaged and 2 brackets. I am missing 4 brackets, the back plates as well as the package of bolts. After reading all these reviews, I now know what exactly I was missing. Please help!!! I have emailed and had no reply back so I joined this forum in hopes for a resolution to a product I paid $478 for.

Thank you,
Gina.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Having just ordered my Roam steps and sending my $449 off into the interwebs, and having received not even an acknowledgment of my order from Roam, this post is damn scary!!

JLRubicon4ggg

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Having just ordered my Roam steps and sending my $449 off into the interwebs, and having received not even an acknowledgment of my order from Roam, this post is damn scary!!
So I finally received an email from ROAM and was told to contact [email protected]

He replied back immediately and “will be sending” my missing parts off soon. I hope this gets resolved quickly. On a good note. The steps are really nice. Other than the damage from poor packing.

984D5052-4DAC-40EA-A3B2-A719AFD704AF.jpeg

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I just got my ROAM steps back from Line-X because of the same issue as most of you...scratches and ding marks. UPS all the way...can't stand UPS and their lack of care.

JLRubicon4ggg

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I just got my ROAM steps back from Line-X because of the same issue as most of you...scratches and ding marks. UPS all the way...can't stand UPS and their lack of care.
How much? Damn, I hope I can fix mine with some armory paint first

Sponsored

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
I installed Westin Snyper Triple Tube Rock Rails
Went in pretty easy, just a little cumbersome, (I used a floor jacks and my nine year sold to line them up. Pretty easy and straightforward install. I think they match the Rubicon's ruggedness perfectly

https://www.carid.com/westin-automo...MIgIiWmbm43AIVyUoNCh1dJApdEAQYBCABEgL3d_D_BwE

Started pouring shortly after this, so no better pics yet

Follow up: They look great and are very sturdy; Had a slight squeak/creak on the passenger side. Took out my torque ratchet and tightened them to slightly less them to 70 lbs. I am terrified of breaking the body bolt. One thing I noticed, the reach body bolt washer seems to be slightly in contact with the rail, and I thought that would be the source of the creak I was hearing. After I tightened up and hit the area that seems to touch with some WD 40 I took it out for a ride and no creak. These look great and the short wife and 9 year old love them
side steps 4.jpg
side steps.jpg
sode steps 2.jpg

Rich
side steps 4.jpg
side steps.jpg
sode steps 2.jpg
These look great and I like that they bolt to the frame. How was the install? Do they feel like they’re pretty durable for off-reading? Thanks!

I think I’m down to deciding between these and the LOD sliders.

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
These look great and I like that they bolt to the frame. How was the install? Do they feel like they’re pretty durable for off-reading? Thanks!

I think I’m down to deciding between these and the LOD sliders.
The seem pretty sturdy, They look great . I'll rarely will rock crawl and they were mainly to help my short wife get in while looking the part of the Rubicon, Install was fairly straightforward but you definitely need to watch a video and read the instructions as the front bolt set up is a little tricky(You could lose a bolt in the frame if not careful. Those little clear plastic squares with a ole in them are very very important) and you do not need to take the main body bolts out, just loosen a lot. The seem very sturdy. I really like the look, but I dislike the exposed pinch seam, seems like it would be an easy cover up down the road
I had a creak but it seems to have gone away after i tightened everything up a second time. I was petrified of breaking a body bolt so I took it easy. I used a flat jack to help get it in place and my son to move it around a little bit. Took about 90 mins Overall very happy, I got them from CARiD and had no issues. They initially had a 3 day delivery dat,e which I thought was crazy good, then they called and said they were 3 weeks out, then it showed up a week later

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I ended up going with the Mopar enhanced rock rails. I like the fact that they have the gritty step portion and they cover the entire side of the Jeep with no gaps. This makes great rock/stone/snow/ice/mud protection for the side of the Jeep. I don't really have anywhere to rock crawl here, so as long as they provide mud/tree/branch protection for the offroading around here, they will be fine.

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Have you emailed us asking about your purchase? We don't see an order from Oregon this week. PayPal sends you a confirmation of your payment and they will also send you your tracking number.
Sponsored