What should I expect to pay?

JL20

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude
What is the best price I should expect to get when building and ordering a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S? Is 8% under invoice the absolute best anyone will be able to do even if I have an employee discount (I work for FCA)? If I get Tread lightly can that be used with my employee discount?

I’ve talked to almost 50 volume selling dealers across multiple states and no one can get close to 8% off invoice for a 2020 off the lot, most won’t even go below my employee discount. At this point I’m really banking on 8% off invoice because I’ve already gone way over what I was planning on spending but that’s okay because I am getting a new Jeep!

Also, how exactly do you order a Jeep? I have the customer pricing guide FCA puts out but do I just show the dealer the codes for what I want to build?

Any help is appreciated, this is my first time buying a new car.
Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
8% appears to be the max discount, and most commonly found on the East coast at Criswell.

That was a bit far for me as I wanted to keep it within a days drive from St. Louis.

Locally everyone was 2-3% below invoice but I did find 3 quotes in neighboring states with 5-7% off invoice.

Best advice is to use the recommended dealers thread to find those competitive dealers in your area and just shop around. Send your build to each dealer asking for their quotes.

Word of caution as it sounds like custom orders are shutting down for the year after next Tuesday (11/12) and do not open again until January. I believe it is to ramp up the Diesel engines. So depending on where you are in your process, you may be down to the wire or have a couple months to dig deeper into your research.

This forum is a wealth of knowledge and has helped me more than I can describe over the past 3-4 months of researching Jeeps.

Good luck!

OP
OP
JL20

JL20

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude
8% appears to be the max discount, and most commonly found on the East coast at Criswell.

That was a bit far for me as I wanted to keep it within a days drive from St. Louis.

Locally everyone was 2-3% below invoice but I did find 3 quotes in neighboring states with 5-7% off invoice.

Best advice is to use the recommended dealers thread to find those competitive dealers in your area and just shop around. Send your build to each dealer asking for their quotes.

Word of caution as it sounds like custom orders are shutting down for the year after next Tuesday (11/12) and do not open again until January. I believe it is to ramp up the Diesel engines. So depending on where you are in your process, you may be down to the wire or have a couple months to dig deeper into your research.

This forum is a wealth of knowledge and has helped me more than I can describe over the past 3-4 months of researching Jeeps.

Good luck!
I had no idea orders were shutting down soon good to know. And you're right I really need to decide in person just have been putting it off because I hate how pushy dealerships can be.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That only pertains to dealer inventory orders, not customer sold orders.

I’d guess FCA is likely trying to reduce its 90+ day inventory

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
That only pertains to dealer inventory orders, not customer sold orders.

I’d guess FCA is likely trying to reduce its 90+ day inventory
That would make a whole lot more sense than the initial report but better safe than sorry, placed my order yesterday. :like:
Sponsored