Sponsored

What should I do to my JL that I didn’t know I should do?

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
I just got a 2Dr JL yesterday. I also have a 2008 4Dr JK that I modified in dozens of little ways to make everyday life better. Beyond the obvious lift tires, etc, what are the little things done to your JL to make life better?
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
First, post a pic of it.

Then remove those euro/aero bumper ends. You might want to get a fuel door for it. Drive it for a while then decide from there based on your needs and wants.

One thing I like about the Islander is the white top. But the silver wheels seem out of place. You might want to consider some of the white wheels out there by Quadratech or Fifteen 52.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Par-T-Rex

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First, post a pic of it.

Then remove those euro/aero bumper ends. You might want to get a fuel door for it. Drive it for a while then decide from there based on your needs and wants.

One thing I like about the Islander is the white top. But the silver wheels seem out of place. You might want to consider some of the white wheels out there by Quadratech or Fifteen 52.
Here it is next to the DirtBus it’s replacing. I think white wheels is the way to go, but it came with the soft top, not the hard top. Yeah, those bumper ends need to go for sure. Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL What should I do to my JL that I didn’t know I should do? 40943DB7-5E29-41C0-90A6-94E98CA563B4

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
This thread begs the question.... What have you done so far???

It also leads to another question.... What is your intended use of the vehicle???

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This might sound odd but it will eventually make a lot of sense. Do nothing.

Just drive it and use it. Keep in mind that it is almost infinitely modifiable. At some point you'll find something that isn't working for you, could be better, or will fill a rather unique quirky need that you have. Then change that to what suits you best.

Don't try to "keep up with the Joneses". It will get expensive, not really necessary and it will eventually impede something that you will find necessary. Trust me, you'll find something. Everyone does.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Huh, white with a black soft top. I'm surprised Jeep didn't do a white soft top for the Islanders.

Don't jump right into a lift. If you think you want to go with 33s, you can do it with no lift, or a simple swap to Rubicon Unlimited springs and shocks at the most, which will yield about 1.5" on your soft top 2 door.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
As it is a two door, take out the back seat if you don't normally have rear seat passengers. No tools needed, it takes like 5 minutes. Only other quality of life thing I would suggest getting immediatly is a dead pead (if you have an auto). Relatively cheap, super easy to install and I use it every time I drive.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It's ironic that the JK's aesthetic actually looks like something we'd see in the Caribbean Islands. ;)

Did the JL's prior owner tow it frequently? If so, hopefully they did it properly.

OP
OP
Par-T-Rex

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh, white with a black soft top. I'm surprised Jeep didn't do a white soft top for the Islanders.

Don't jump right into a lift. If you think you want to go with 33s, you can do it with no lift, or a simple swap to Rubicon Unlimited springs and shocks at the most, which will yield about 1.5" on your soft top 2 door.
I wish it had a white soft top too.
No hurry for a lift, so if some Ruby shock become available, that’d be fine. I’ve had 33’s and 35’s. Eventually 33’s will be enough for me.
Sponsored