What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I know this isn't the most important question out there but I am trying to get an idea of the shade of blue used on the decals and tow hooks. In the promo pics they almost look metallic and very similiar to the Hydro Pearl Blue that is offered as a color choice but on videos that I have watched of the production line of the 4Xe they look closer to the chief blue. I am in the process of ordering mine and I like the Hydro Blue but I don't want chief/light blue accents with Hydro Blue paint. If the shade is in fact light blue I will probably go with Stingray. Any input up to and including ridiculing me for caring about accent color is welcome and appreciated.
Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
All signs point to it being a metallic version of chief blue, maybe a little lighter.

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All signs point to it being a metallic version of chief blue, maybe a little lighter.
Thank you, that was my fear lol. I guess I will be going with the Stingray which has always been one of my favorite colors anyway. I would go silver again but I bought my daughter a Silver JK and had you make me some Wrangler hood decals that are outlined in light blue and I just don't want to have 2 silver jeeps with light blue trim parked in the driveway lol. Do you think you would be able to replicate the 4Xe hood decal but using a darker blue. I'm pretty sure you can do the RUBICON stickers with a darker blue trim.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I have the same concern regarding color/tint. I have a white 4xe coming and need wider wheels. One of the attractive (light weight without fake beadlock bolts) options is the Method MR313 in titanium. However, I don't think the color would go well with the light blue accents. I'm hesitant to spend $1000 on wheels that clash with the 4xe's unique highlight color.
Jeep Wrangler JL What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline 1615590018821

This comparison to Crystal Grey Metallic makes the accent look much lighter than Hydro.
Jeep Wrangler JL What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline 1615590317041

But Jeep's Build & Price tool seems to confuse things.
Hydro:
Jeep Wrangler JL What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline 1615590583841

Chief:
Jeep Wrangler JL What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline 1615590622488

I see an extremely subtle difference in these two images, but seeing both colors in person, the Chief is more a flat, opaque, light blue color while the Hydro is darker with much more depth.

I've not seen any of the accents highlights (stickers or tow hooks) in person, but they appear to more Chief than Hydro from the pictures and videos I've seen (all on silver or CGM).

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
The trick with this (and similar) shades of blue is that they seem to photograph SO differently from camera to camera, angle to angle, etc. My Corvette has a very similar shade of blue for the fender stripes and interior as the 4xe's accent colors appear to be...and it is crazy how hard it is to take a picture and have that shade look the same in photos as it does in real life. I've taken hundreds of shots of it over the years and I bet I don't have a handful in the bunch that even match each other.

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same concern regarding color/tint. I have a white 4xe coming and need wider wheels. One of the attractive (light weight without fake beadlock bolts) options is the Method MR313 in titanium. However, I don't think the color would go well with the light blue accents. I'm hesitant to spend $1000 on wheels that clash with the 4xe's unique highlight color.
Jeep Wrangler JL What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline 1615590622488

This comparison to Crystal Grey Metallic makes the accent look much lighter than Hydro.

But Jeep's Build & Price tool seems to confuse things.
Hydro:

Chief:

I see an extremely subtle difference in these two images, but seeing both colors in person, the Chief is more a flat, opaque, light blue color while the Hydro is darker with much more depth.

I've not seen any of the accents highlights (stickers or tow hooks) in person, but they appear to more Chief than Hydro from the pictures and videos I've seen (all on silver or CGM).
I have looked at these two photos on the build page and have literally spent way too much time on youtube looking for videos. In the pics above it is crazy how the blue on the tow hooks look as though they are a perfect match for both colors. The 4x4 badge definitely looks closer to chief blue

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
I have a Hydro Blue Rubicon on order, and strangely enough, the build sheet says “Red trail rated badge” and “Blue tow hooks”. We will see.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have a Hydro Blue Rubicon on order, and strangely enough, the build sheet says “Red trail rated badge” and “Blue tow hooks”. We will see.
My white one has the same listed on the build sheet.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
My white one has the same listed on the build sheet.
I was going to mention the same thing about the red trail rates badge on the build sheet. Does anybody know why the build sheet says Level 2 charger? I thought the 4xe only came with a level 1 charger.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
...Does anybody know why the build sheet says Level 2 charger? I thought the 4xe only came with a level 1 charger.
The built-in charger handles level 2 charging, but they do not include the external equipment. You need both internal & external to support Level 2.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
The built-in charger handles level 2 charging, but they do not include the external equipment. You need both internal & external to support Level 2.
That makes sense. I’m very surprised they don’t have a level 2 charger as an option to add on when you buy a 4Xe. I’m sure they will on later models.

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
That makes sense. I’m very surprised they don’t have a level 2 charger as an option to add on when you buy a 4Xe. I’m sure they will on later models.
Probably not. There are many options on level 2 chargers. There are different 240v outlets (or even hardwired installations), different amperage on the circuit (generally selectable on the charging unit), and different cord length depending on your vehicle’s distance from the charger. Here’s mine
Jeep Wrangler JL What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline 4EB9C9DC-870F-499F-B62B-5279CE40E42E
Jeep Wrangler JL What shade of Blue is the Accent Color on the Hood Decal and Rubicon Outline F584CEC6-C3C0-495A-8ECF-321E8B73D493

360linux

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
My Hydro Blue build sheet says “Red trail rated badge” and blue tow hooks too.
Sponsored