What REALLY happens during KZ status ?

EEBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I was poking around today with the trip computer and noticed that the total milage was 1337 miles wheras my odometer reads 897 !!!!
When I picked up my JL Rubicon from the dealer one of the first things I did was look at the odometer -- it was 15 miles. I was relieved since it was in KZ status for 70 days and had extended stays in Belvidere, IL and Buffalo, NY prior to backtracking to Waterford, PA.

Now I see there was most likely 400 extra miles on the vehicle.

Can the dealer or others reset the odometer at will?
Does anyone else have a significant discrepancy between the odometer and total time on the trip computer with the trip computer being more than the odometer?

I feel used/duped.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Can the dealer or others reset the odometer at will?
Probably the factory would know how . If I were you , I would write a polite letter to both FCA and NHTSA , with copies cc to each , and ask them : " What is the little game here ? , You guys think we're stupid or something ? " , and politely ask for a lifetime max warranty to make up for their little game .

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Liberty KK, Cherokee XJ
Watching this thread as I will be curious to see what mine looks like when it shows up.

Mud-N-Sun

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 2 door Sport TJ 2018 JLU Sport-S
I will be just be happy THAT mine shows up could care less about miles at this point . So tired of waiting...talking to Jeep Chat D status forever...waiting...Talking to Jeep Chat D1 Status Forever....waiting....Getting on the forum.....forum...forum....Talking to Jeep chat JS forever .Forum forum forum forum..and waiting....waiting....and now KZ but again for weeks waiting waiting waiting with no ETA in sight

So honestly it has been in KZ for so long they can drive it to me put a 1000 miles on it and just won't care at this point.

I think for my health and wallet I need to block jeep chat and this forum until it gets here. I talk to Jeep Chat and this forum because I want my Jeep.....Talking to Jeep Chat and this Forum makes me want me Jeep more.....vicious cycle

oh I forgot one...I buy stuff for my jeep
Sponsored