Screenshot_20180816-181727_Chrome.jpg
Advertisement

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
5% under invoice out the door. Anything additional makes a good deal a great deal.

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What's the driveability discount? Do you have to have a disability or it's free cash to anyone?

OP
OP
grady2hig

grady2hig

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
So like $47,688?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
5% under invoice out the door. Anything additional makes a good deal a great deal.
Maybe in a State with no sales tax like in Delaware, New Hampshire, Oregon, Delaware, Montana and Alaska. Maybe I am wrong but I think in Delaware there is 4.25% DOC fee when a car is first registered? For the most part a out the door price is going to be different for everyone. Taxes are different everywhere. Different DOC fees. New plates or transfer? Too many variables. A more realistic goal would probably be 5%-6% under invoice plus transportation, DOC, tax, title, license.

OP
OP
grady2hig

grady2hig

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
So is that $49,356 way too much?

JeepSmash

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
That only works if you're in a state without sales tax. For everyone else 5% under invoice is a very good deal BEFORE taxes.

Jlb27537

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '12 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins
Occupation
Retired
I have been following these what off sticker prices, after all the math, getting 5-6% back of invoice it figures about 10-12% off window sticker. A heavy loaded vehicle, like you reference is loaded with 11-13% options.

So, take sticker, multiply it by 90% and you got a decent deal. I think.

Waiting to order my '19 Rubi.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
That only works if you're in a state without sales tax. For everyone else 5% under invoice is a very good deal BEFORE taxes.
I probably should have said bottom-line rather than out the door. What I meant was 5% under invoice on what the dealership collects (including dealer fees) before the state gets theirs. 5% under invoice before taxes, tags and title.

I didn’t pay any sales tax on my JL but that was due to my having sold a car that was worth far more than my JL. Some states will allow you a credit on a car that you sold- I live in one of those states. So I really was 6% out the door even after $295 for a 7 year tag and the title.

JeepSmash

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I probably should have said bottom-line rather than out the door. What I meant was 5% under invoice on what the dealership collects (including dealer fees) before the state gets theirs. 5% under invoice before taxes, tags and title.

I didn’t pay any sales tax on my JL but that was due to my having sold a car that was worth far more than my JL. Some states will allow you a credit on a car that you sold- I live in one of those states. So I really was 6% out the door even after $295 for a 7 year tag and the title.

Got ya. That makes sense. And that’s an important point actually. A lot of the dealers are 5% under but then charge you $500-1000 in fees.

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement