Sponsored

What options would you recommend for/against for a new Jeep owner?

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
First Punk'N is the best color, so you got that right lol.
2nd, Premium soft isn't worth the $800 IMO. get the standard for now, honestly, if your concerned about road noise get a hard top, the premium lowers road noise by like a fraction of a decibel.
Hardtop sucks to take off and store, you need a hoist, and it takes up a lot of room, and when it is off, you are left with no roof at all.
Tow package is well worth it.
Anti spin rear is also well worth it, but dealers do not order that package, you get a d44 in rear and a LSD...I would skip it if you won't be offroading, honestly the traction control is more than enough in rain and snow.
tech package is a must, the 7" UC4 is ok, I have trouble hearing if I am on the highway going 60+ next to an 18 wheeler, all other times it is adequate for me.
Cold weather package isn't for me either, I have convenience package with remote start and garage door opener...IMO it isn't freezing cold enough in NJ to warrant the CW package, remote start it in the winter, jeeps heat is incredible, takes 2 minutes for the inside to be hotter than the sun.

I would drive the 8 speed, unless your dead set on MT, I wanted a MT too, then drove the auto and it is amazingly smooth, that coupled with my back and SI problems when driving a MT too long sealed that deal, plus my wife cant drive stick and I am not teaching her how to.

My JLU Sport S
Auto
Standard soft top
Tech package
Convenience package
All weather floor mats
found on a lot in Budd Lake @ Johnson Jeep on 46, took me a month going to dealers, I liked them the best, they have a few jeep enthusiasts there...Where in NJ are you?

Added Rockhard 4x4 patriot sliders for a step for my kids, protection on the side and pinch seam for offroading
Interesting about the premium soft top. the anti-spin rear differential (is it different from a limited slip differential or are they just giving it a stupid name?) looks like a reasonable upgrade that'll make the car more valuable later even if i don't offroad.
Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Interesting about the premium soft top. the anti-spin rear differential (is it different from a limited slip differential or are they just giving it a stupid name?) looks like a reasonable upgrade that'll make the car more valuable later even if i don't offroad.
Anti spin is a LSD, they just call it a different name, it will add resale because it gives you the dana 44 in the rear and all terrain tires, to me it is one of the most worthy upgrades for non rubicons...I wish they would sell the d44s with lockers as a package on sports and saharas, they would sell a lot of that upgrade

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Anti spin is a LSD, they just call it a different name, it will add resale because it gives you the dana 44 in the rear and all terrain tires, to me it is one of the most worthy upgrades for non rubicons...I wish they would sell the d44s with lockers as a package on sports and saharas, they would sell a lot of that upgrade
ok, that's what it sounded like. i'm pushing to have that included. i did the math yesterday and it sounds like if i have to order a 2019, it'll cost $1000 more since they raised the invoice price on the Sport S by that much.
Sponsored