Sponsored

What option do you regret not getting? By popularity!

Top 3 options you regret not ordering?

• Total voters

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I regret not getting the tow package, but I bought off the lot, and it was pretty much completely loaded, barring the collision systems and the tow package.
Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
One-Touch Sky Top. That's assuming that it would work properly and not rattle.

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ordered it just like I wanted. I would have gone with leather and upgraded sound if not for budget. You have to stop somewhere...well, I do.

Winter Group and LED's are the ones that I appreciate more than I thought I would.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Color... I bought mine in early 18 when there was very little choice. I would have waited 6 months to a year for another color. My White one isnt bad, just not my personal favorite.

Sponsored

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

Where's the sky one touch? That should definitely be on the options list for voting.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I wish I had the auxiliary switches just because, but I didnā€™t want the whole tow package. Adding them after the fact is not easy and having the local inept dealer do it is totally out of the question.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I regret nothing! :CWL:
giphy.gif
LOL This! We did a factory order, but we opted out for a few things right from the start (no proximity entry, no tow package, etc) and went only for what we new we wanted (cold weather group, leather, etc). I needed a hitch for my bike, and from there was like "if we're getting a hitch we should just get the whole shebang", and it unfolded from there. The only thing we DIDN'T get was the smokers group, and the forward collision safety thing. The one thing I would have HIGHLY regretted had we not got it was the proximity entry.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Because I'm curious and because I see more than a few first timers asking for advice. What are the top 3 mods you kinda wished you went for.

For me it was the LED package. I have a wee bit of envy whenever I see my lights compared to someone's LED headlights. It's a relatively cheap upgrade vs. aftermarket.
Four weeks ago I got a well-equipped Sahara with the V6, auto, Selec-Trac, LSD, Cold Weather Group, Safety Group, Trailer Tow Group, Navi & Premium Sound, proximity door locks and body-colored hardtop. The only two items missing that I wanted were LED Group and leather seats.

The Safety Group already includes the rear LEDs. So I ordered the Mopar LED headlights thinking they were plug-and-play. Turns out the headlights are indeed plug-and-play, however the halos aren't. It involves extensive work to remove the fender liners, lay the wiring from the headlights through the firewall into the cabin, pull the kicker trim panels, splice the light switches; plus it needs a dealer flash.

The Mopar LEDs rock but I am kind of bummed because as expensive as they are, the halos don't work. The dealer quoted me $300 to lay the wiring and activate the halos. But I am not sure I am ready to have the Jeep be ripped apart and risk developing a bunch of rattles and squeaks so soon.

Still, I rather have the V6 and Selec-Trac than them halos...

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Steel bumpers but I can do that aftermarket. Sometimes I miss leather but then I remember Iā€™m driving a convertible in Florida with little kids so...I guess I still donā€™t regret getting cloth yet.

Sponsored

RV4tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
About the only thing I did not order was the cold weather group. I thought I live in Florida why do I need that. Well after a trip north last week for the holidays I missed it. The last option I would give up is the one touch sky roof. I open it about everyday a lot of time time just to cool the jeep down. I guess I didn't open the roof last week in Central PA :) I didn't want the snow getting in.

Kona Damien

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Rubicon and ā€˜13 Grand Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
I wish the adaptive cruise control was available for the ā€˜18. I donā€™t believe it was available until the ā€˜19s were released? I do wish I got the tow package. I added a hitch but I donā€™t have the wiring or aux switches. When I add a small light bar to my bumper Iā€™ll just run a switch to the interior. As I type that, maybe I should just do some cubes so the smaller lightbar doesnā€™t interfere with a planned winch.

I actually really appreciate the cargo management system in the back of the unlimited. I tie down a dog crate often for a part time job.

I really like the steel front bumper but I think I might change the rear. I don't regret the package b/c the front one is so well done. Iā€™m just going to hope I can sell the rear for a good price. It is a solid piece I just donā€™t like the look of it.

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I wish I ordered the soft top along with my 2018 Jeep. But if I did it would of took longer to build since they were in back order. I bought it later through Chrysler and the dealer. And of course the same $530 piece broke twice. And not covered under the vehicle warranty since it was a separate purchase. Chrysler and Best Tops customer service is horrendous.

aultimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
We bought our Jeep off the lot... a nicely optioned Sport. The only option I wish it had was the proximity locks. I have the "Keyless" entry FOB and even Remote Start.... but I still have to fumble for the FOB to unlock the door. Say what?

My last car, a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, had the "Keyless Enter n' Go" or something to that effect. Very nice... basically walk up to the car, it auto unlocks when I grab the handle, and press to start... never had to fumble with the key fob... actually useful. After having that for feature years now... I miss it terribly. Really bad... really.

Being I was buying off the lot looking for a good deal... the options were what they were as found on the lot... When I was looking over the options on the Window Sticker for our Jeep it read something to the effect of "Keyless Entry" so I assumed it was the same as my Challenger... but nope... So the old rule, assume nothing, is clearly demonstrated here...

You'd think Jeep would have included the full function of Keyless entry... Most of the Dodge/Jeep/RAM line up in the $40K+ segment includes actual Keyless Enter and Go... as it is usually a sub $500 option or is included standard. (my wife's $24K 2017 Civic has the proximity feature...)

I do have to ask Jeep - What the heck? I could see this better if the Sport Trim did not have a key FOB or push button start as standard, or even remote start as an option... and I realize option packages are designed to increase profit as you go up the model chain... but not having something, like proximity locks, included with Keyless entry and remote start is a bit aggravating. I found out later it's not even offered on the Sport. Seriously?

I'd gladly pay a few hundred dollars to have the factory option installed at the dealer after the fact... (this is almost routine for remote start, leather etc... for some dealers)

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
We bought our Jeep off the lot... a nicely optioned Sport. The only option I wish it had was the proximity locks. I have the "Keyless" entry FOB and even Remote Start.... but I still have to fumble for the FOB to unlock the door. Say what?

My last car, a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, had the "Keyless Enter n' Go" or something to that effect. Very nice... basically walk up to the car, it auto unlocks when I grab the handle, and press to start... never had to fumble with the key fob... actually useful. After having that for feature years now... I miss it terribly. Really bad... really.

Being I was buying off the lot looking for a good deal... the options were what they were as found on the lot... When I was looking over the options on the Window Sticker for our Jeep it read something to the effect of "Keyless Entry" so I assumed it was the same as my Challenger... but nope... So the old rule, assume nothing, is clearly demonstrated here...

You'd think Jeep would have included the full function of Keyless entry... Most of the Dodge/Jeep/RAM line up in the $40K+ segment includes actual Keyless Enter and Go... as it is usually a sub $500 option or is included standard. (my wife's $24K 2017 Civic has the proximity feature...)

I do have to ask Jeep - What the heck? I could see this better if the Sport Trim did not have a key FOB or push button start as standard, or even remote start as an option... and I realize option packages are designed to increase profit as you go up the model chain... but not having something, like proximity locks, included with Keyless entry and remote start is a bit aggravating. I found out later it's not even offered on the Sport. Seriously?

I'd gladly pay a few hundred dollars to have the factory option installed at the dealer after the fact... (this is almost routine for remote start, leather etc... for some dealers)
I hear ya on this .. unfortunately, I think it has only been done like once and it sounds like it was near impossible with a lot of dealer connections. Folks like me have no chance in hell from the sound of it.
Sponsored