Sponsored

What option did you give up?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The manual transmission, only because the auto is so incredibly smooth.

Sponsored

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I skipped on the 2.0T because $3300 more than the 3.6 with manual trans I wanted (and ordered) was too much.
Being concerned about delays I removed the trail rails and the soft top bag at the last minute from my order...but I kept the dual top and LED hoping I get lucky.
I didn't get the upgraded wheels or the body coloured fenders/top just because of preference.
I'll add the trail rails, the engine block heater, and the jeep trail kit thingy later.
Because of rave reviews I read AFTER I ordered, I wish I didn't order the mopar headliner; I should have gone hothead instead
The weather mats, grab handles, molly bags, brake light and a few others items already arrived, and now we just wait for the stork to deliver my JL

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
What option(s) did you give up or missed out on because you couldn't wait?
All of 'em. I bought a bone stock JLU Sport because that's what I wanted. And I like reading all the comic-relief bitching from other Sport owners about ESS and Keyless Enter 'n Go. :headbang:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
All of 'em. I bought a bone stock JLU Sport because that's what I wanted. And I like reading all the comic-relief bitching from other Sport owners about ESS and Keyless Enter 'n Go. :headbang:
Did you have to order it like that or did you actually find a no option Sport at a dealer?

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Did you have to order it like that or did you actually find a no option Sport at a dealer?
It was on the lot. The dealer was motivated to move it, probably because most buyers want all the creature comforts and mall-crawling good looks of the Sahara and Rubicon. :cwl:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
It was on the lot. The dealer was motivated to move it, probably because most buyers want all the creature comforts and mall-crawling good looks of the Sahara and Rubicon. :cwl:
lol pretty cool, at the local dealer even the Sports have autos and hard tops so its hard to find a purely base model Sport.

You'll also note, my Sahara does leave the pavement. lol

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Dual top, BSA...should’ve got it since the tail lights are equipped for them anyway, I skipped them because I figured I’d read them off when off-road and heated seat because I can’t stand heated seat. Have everything else plus lift, 37’s, beadlocks, Engo XR10. 2100miles and absolutely love this Jeep. My TJ, and both. JK’s were awesome but this is an awesome decision other than the fact that once again i am Jeep’n the heck out it.. Just Emptying Every Pocket!!! Waiting on the Bull Bar and A Pillar light brackets to be fabricated then those go on next with Rock LEDS.

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
What option(s) did you give up or missed out on because you couldn't wait?

for me it was:
- Sting Grey
- Trail management
Gave up heated seats. Dealer stated they can do it cheaper than factory price (hmm).

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Gave up heated seats. Dealer stated they can do it cheaper than factory price (hmm).
Probably true for heated seats. Not true for heated steering wheel.
And you may have to give up Uconnect integration including integration with remote start and they may have to install new physical buttons.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought from the selection on the lot. I arrived with "must have" items of tow group and LED lighting. Ended up with the those plus hard top headliner, safety group (which I really like), leather seats. I gave up the bigger touch screen.
Sponsored