Sponsored

What Octane Gas Are You Going To Put In Your JL?

What octane gas are you planning on running in your JL?

• Total voters

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Put 91 in the 3.6 and it stopped the intermittent slight pinging especially in 3rd gear. It's a bit better than lighting my money on fire. Going to try 89 next to see if that's all that's needed.

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
2020 JL manual, page 230...Fuel Requirements:

2.0L Engine: "This engine is designed to meet all emission requirements and provide satisfactory fuel economy and performance when using high quality unleaded 'regular' gasoline having an octane rating of 87. The use of 91 or higher octane 'premium' gasoline will allow these engines to operate to optimal performance. This increase is noticed in hot weather or other heavier load conditions, such as while towing."

91 octane is only recommended for optimal performance. Not sure the cost difference will be worth it.

Not from you, but there was some talk about using 87 octane in the 2.0L engine would void the warranty. Clearly NOT the case.
Question-where and how did you get manual for 2020 JL 2.0L engine??? Thanks

Sponsored

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
There is only one manual for the 2020 Wrangler. It covers both the 2.0 and 3.6 engines. The manual was in my glove box.
That’s not exactly the entire manual correct? I received that one too in my glovebox. It’s kinda a user guide. I called FCA at beginning of September and lady said she’d mail me the ENTIRE manual but I haven’t received it yet, I’ll give her a call again tomorrow. Thanks

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Always the highest octane!

It's only a couple of bucks difference. It's what your engine uses to run. It's the heart and soul of how your rig runs.

Dont be cheap!

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
That’s not exactly the entire manual correct? I received that one too in my glovebox. It’s kinda a user guide. I called FCA at beginning of September and lady said she’d mail me the ENTIRE manual but I haven’t received it yet, I’ll give her a call again tomorrow. Thanks
F999F8DF-639F-48C6-A821-537C6DF151B2.jpeg

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I have two. One is a “Quick Reference Guide” and has about 20 pages, the other is a “User Guide” with 297 pages.
I hope this helps.

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
There are many reports of the JL 3.6 having predetonation issues with lower octane. Several threads about it here. There's no fix from FCA. They say it's the normal and the dealers are useless.
Sponsored