thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow such cleanness we have a yellow lab so hair everywhere. My favorite mod after 80K miles is Tazer and Baja Designs light bar on bumper. Also removing all the carpet it's free! Have factory Mopar mats so that's important too. Use the Jeep and having fun is favorite life mod so far lol.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
And then you realize that you never run 100+ mph across the desert so they are not really worth their weight I gold....... Or everyone on the trail ride hates you as you blind the fuck out of them.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
There are two for me. The Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop has been absolutely the one mod I have enjoyed most. I love the convertible feel while still having the hardtop on. Second is a dead pedal. That just makes driving on longer trips so much more comfortable.
The Bestop Sunrider is one of my favorite mods. I open the top just about every time I drive the Jeep.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Jeetop freedom panels (center section replaced with cockpit material / see through)
67 designs dash mount
Rear shelf - I have fishbone, but any type
37" tires
Winch, because it saved my life...
Need the back story. How did the winch save your life?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
While I can definitely appreciate a lot of the mods listed here, I'm actually kind of amazed no one has mentioned my first mod. The radio antenna. I swapped that pesky metal whip out asap for a 13" Rydonair and have absolutely appreciated not only the curb/dash appeal upgrade but the performance it has delivered in return for the money spent. So far it's been 100% win in my book which makes the fairly cheap investment well worth it.
I agree with this; The stock antenna drove me nuts. It was over there in my peripheral vision, moving just enough to keep drawing my attention to it. It drove me crazy. I had to replace it.

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I'm seeing that Quadratec sells their own dead pedal. Looks like an easy install and based on the reviews, a pretty good product. I haven't seen one in person but from the photos on their website, it looks like it might even match better than the M.O.R.E. pedal. Might be worth a try.
I have the Quadratec dead pedal. It took a few weeks to get (out of stock frequently), but it is truly the easiest install ever, and super solid construction. I’d give it a 10/10.

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Man, I was really hoping to see a lot of "my MyTop convertible top is totally worth it!!"... :(
I truly love my Jtop if it's any consolation. Solar shade is truly great and stays up year round under the soft top just have to fold the front back to get the hooks in.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
The following are my favorite mods that I have added.

Zero cost. A net that hangs behind the front seat. It is a catch all and keeps stuff within reach and off the floor. I put map books, gloves, jackets, snacks, hats, radios. cameras, all kinds of shit in the net. I can just pitch stuff over my shoulder and it catches it. I got the net for free from a car junkyard. It is a net from the trunk of a car.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny 1631613925196

A five inch strip of tint across at the top of the windshield. Love this. Cost was $40 installed. Also in the pic is a USB power block with 6 USB ports. $25 off Amazon and is wired hot all the time, so I can charge phones, tablets, and camera batteries when the Jeep is off. The power bank does have an on/off switch so it can be powered down. Also love the 67 Design stuff for a phone and tablet holder.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny 1631614358658

Love the Bestop Sunrider.

Also love the Armorlite carpet replacement system. It is about 1000 times easier to clean the inside of the Jeep. I need to take a picture of this as it is great. If you think your weather tech floor mats are cool, you will love the Armorlite system.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport

Sponsored

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired

RIVICON

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2006 Tacoma, 1991 Z28 406ci Turbski
Adjustable control arms by far. We all know the steering wander issue these JL's have from the factory and the TSB kinda fixed that with the steel gear box but when you lift the Jeep it will negate that TSB and you will still experience the wander with factory control arms since it throws off your caster. After installing adjustable control arms(I went with the Teraflex Alpine IR arms with recommended settings) the Jeep drives straight as an arrow. Make your Jeep great again! đź‘Ť

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
Warn Winch, its insurance!

CNSD

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
My 4” rock jock lift
Sponsored