What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny

Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I have the upper shelf; I am guessing that the lower organizer will fit with it in place? I wish I would have known about this when I ordered the shelf.

"Amazon special

Vehicle OCD - Center Console Organizer for Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU (2018-19) Jeep Gladiator JT Truck (2020) - Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NB499FP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_UfYDxby5wLUq5

And a shelf

AUTOORY Center Console Organizer for Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU (2018-19) Jeep Gladiator Truck (2020) Organizer Tray Armrest Box Secondary Storage, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TV6XY8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_Fpp2xHWwj5VKJ"

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have one I’m about to put it. Activating the halos? Does this increase the brightness of the factory halo LEDs?
No. My JL came with halogens. After I swapped them with the Mopar LEDs, I had to lay down separate electrical wiring for the halos, and then tell the computer that there were now halos. Typical FCA complexity nonsense.

DV8 Off-road sells identical LEDs for 30% less money, and apparently they are completely plug-and-play: you don’t need separate wiring for the halos or any of that stuff.

If I were to do it all over again, I’d avoid the Mopar LEDs, get the ones from DV8 Off-road, and save myself a lot of money and unnecessary frustration.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have the upper shelf; I am guessing that the lower organizer will fit with it in place? I wish I would have known about this when I ordered the shelf.

"Amazon special

Vehicle OCD - Center Console Organizer for Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU (2018-19) Jeep Gladiator JT Truck (2020) - Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NB499FP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_UfYDxby5wLUq5

And a shelf

AUTOORY Center Console Organizer for Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU (2018-19) Jeep Gladiator Truck (2020) Organizer Tray Armrest Box Secondary Storage, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TV6XY8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_Fpp2xHWwj5VKJ"
Yes they both fit together.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I fully agree about the better looks of the shorter antennas. The only reason why I've stuck with the factory whip, is that it is my early warning signal. It scratches the overhead beams of parking garages marked 7'. My plan is to switch to a flat black version of the same length from AntennaX, to at least get rid of the only silver piece on the Jeep. :like:
Just Plasti-dip it.

Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Best non-factory mod worth every penny: Tazer Mini!

For $330, I have:
  1. Disabled ESS
  2. Reset the tire size, twice
  3. Activated the halos
  4. Disabled TravelLink and those annoying Weather Alerts
  5. Lowered the TPMS threshold
If you consider each dealer visit is $125, that's already $750 worth of savings...and counting.
My favorite feature of the Tazer is that I can deactivate the panic button on the remote. No more false alarms when I hit the bottom of the steering wheel with my leg.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
M.O.R.E Offroad. It's a pain to install, but I liked the look and feel of it.
I can attest to difficulty on install. I’m a grown man and contorting myself to get at the right spot AND not lose a screw behind the trim is not easy. If you’ve got a small child in your household it makes it easier as long as they can follow directions and you bribe them with ice cream.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I can attest to difficulty on install. I’m a grown man and contorting myself to get at the right spot AND not lose a screw behind the trim is not easy. If you’ve got a small child in your household it makes it easier as long as they can follow directions and you bribe them with ice cream.
This! ^^^

I’m 6’0” and 200 lbs. I just couldn’t fold into a piece of origami to install the damn dead pedal.

It went back to Quadratec.

Judging by how quickly Quadratec approved my return, I’d guess half of those pedals get returned in frustration.

Sponsored

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This! ^^^

I’m 6’0” and 200 lbs. I couldn’t fold into a piece of origami to install the damn dead pedal.
6'1" and did try for about 10 minutes and realized the chiro will be a lot more expensive than having a tech install it for $40, worth it.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
No. My JL came with halogens. After I swapped them with the Mopar LEDs, I had to lay down separate electrical wiring for the halos, and then tell the computer that there were now halos. Typical FCA complexity nonsense.

DV8 Off-road sells identical LEDs for 30% less money, and apparently they are completely plug-and-play: you don’t need separate wiring for the halos or any of that stuff.

If I were to do it all over again, I’d avoid the Mopar LEDs, get the ones from DV8 Off-road, and save myself a lot of money and unnecessary frustration.
Got it. I do wish there was a way to brighten the Mopar halos to match the fender LEDs.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
6'1" and did try for about 10 minutes and realized the chiro will be a lot more expensive than having a tech install it for $40, worth it.
The funny thing is the MORE dead pedal for JK was elegant in its simplicity, cost a LOT less, and it was a breeze to install.

It literally took 3 minutes to install, and you didn’t have to violate any children labor laws to get it mounted.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
This! ^^^

I’m 6’0” and 200 lbs. I just couldn’t fold into a piece of origami to install the damn dead pedal.

It went back to Quadratec.

Judging by how quickly Quadratec approved my return, I’d guess half of those pedals get returned in frustration.
I'm seeing that Quadratec sells their own dead pedal. Looks like an easy install and based on the reviews, a pretty good product. I haven't seen one in person but from the photos on their website, it looks like it might even match better than the M.O.R.E. pedal. Might be worth a try.

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I found using tape and a zip tie to hold the backing plate in place made it much easier. I also found that the backing plate bends when you tighten everything up making it a pain to get back off if you want to change to a different length option.
Sponsored