Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
Yes , love my KC Daylighters, and also my Oracle LED head and tail lights.
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Tier 1: Mods/accessories that improve quality of life:
  • Side steps for my short wife
  • Console organizer and tray (bought from the original US designer, not the Chinese knockoffs)
  • LED headlights
  • Hood struts
  • Hood decal to reduce sun glare
Tier 2:
  • Dashcam
  • Sunrider for Hardtop
Where did you get your hood decal from?
My Eagle Scout son designed a custom topographic hood decal. He downloaded an actual topo map of Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico, dropped the image into photoshop, and deleted some lines for clarity. It came out great IMHO. It minimizes sun glare off the hood so it's also functional.

Don at @pixeldecals printed the resulting design on a decal.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny 20220802_193259

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
While I can definitely appreciate a lot of the mods listed here, I'm actually kind of amazed no one has mentioned my first mod. The radio antenna. I swapped that pesky metal whip out asap for a 13" Rydonair and have absolutely appreciated not only the curb/dash appeal upgrade but the performance it has delivered in return for the money spent. So far it's been 100% win in my book which makes the fairly cheap investment well worth it.
I fully agree about the better looks of the shorter antennas. The only reason why I've stuck with the factory whip, is that it is my early warning signal. It scratches the overhead beams of parking garages marked 7'. My plan is to switch to a flat black version of the same length from AntennaX, to at least get rid of the only silver piece on the Jeep. :like:

Sponsored

eshwarsai

First Name
Eshwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
One of the best mods for me was swapping my crappy Uconnect5 with Uconnect7. The difference is night and day. I wish I did it sooner.

I also love the motobilt tirecarrier. Stock tire carrier worked fine but it wobbled a lot which was kinda concerning. But the motobilt carrier is way sturdier and it won't even budge with 38 tire on it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. My jeep is an un-modded Sport and my watch is a Seiko. Do I have to stay on the porch and watch?
I only have a stubby antenna and seat covers so far. I’ll keep you company on the porch 👍
All are welcome to come in park around the round table. You may just have to reach a little higher to get to the door knob. :fist bump:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the color pop, even if people don't tend to look up.

Do you feel the aluminum panel latches are more rigid and help make a better seal?
They fit tighter to the mounting studs than the original plastic ones, so they don't flop as much in the unlatched position. They also don't flex like the originals, so it acts as an indicator that the panels aren't fully pressed down. These latches are strong enough to pull the panels down, but I'd fear pulling the studs out of the panel.

In my opinion, it's both a looks and functional improvement. Not to say there's anything wrong with the originals, I just like machined aluminum bits over plastic.

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
In order for me were:
315/70/17 K02
weather tech floor liners
hot heads head liner

all three of those were the pricier versions of what they are but each one has proven their value.

Sponsored

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Great minds and all… I did the same thing above the molle panel, two chairs and two down blankets. They live in the Jeep and they come in handy ALL THE TIME.
Can one of you include a picture? Curious about that set up.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can one of you include a picture? Curious about that set up.
I just sold that Jeep. And I don’t think I have any pictures of that setup. But it’s basically a MPS overhead molle that I strapped two backpacking chairs and two down blankets to.

If you have a hard top I don’t think you have much room above the molle rack, but in a soft top there’s 5-6” up there to store stuff

2DB13AF8-BFA3-4463-B4A4-A7BF1EED514B.jpeg

17B3CCA5-BD6E-4F19-8B29-754FF080DA45.jpeg

EF93FF77-67E3-46E3-83E4-E9964FCF6A7E.jpeg

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
My Eagle Scout son designed a custom topographic hood decal. He downloaded an actual topo map of Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico, dropped the image into photoshop, and deleted some lines for clarity. It came out great IMHO. It minimizes sun glare off the hood so it's also functional.

Don at @pixeldecals printed the resulting design on a decal.

View attachment 507931
Forgive me, but....someone spelled "Philmont" wrong.