First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’ll stick with the little stuff that really makes a difference for me.

Redline hood struts. For 99$ you never have to dick with that prop rod again.

Fumoto drain valve, makes oil changes painless.

Window tint, because Texas heat sucks

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I bought the Jeep Sport to use on trails- for the type of trails I want to do it was essential for me to have better/bigger tires and some lift, Rubicon takeoffs were perfect for this. After doing some trails I've discovered that mud flaps are essential to keep the rocks off of the doors and door hinges. I also feel like if you are going to remote places you should install the best main battery you can buy and at least disconnect the little battery.

Redline hood struts. For 99$ you never have to dick with that prop rod again.
This sounds like a really good idea, I have to check into these.

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Having bought ourJLUR “Tilly” in February I’ve just started modding. Trying to be methodical and not flush $$ down the drain doing something only to change it a little later. Learned from my previous Jeeps. Best mod I have gotten so far is not even a mod. It’s the Toplift Pro. I practically giggle every time I can take off and put on my hard top by myself AND park Tilly under it in my garage. Though getting lift n 35’s next week so this opinion may change ;)

Sponsored

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
There are two for me. The Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop has been absolutely the one mod I have enjoyed most. I love the convertible feel while still having the hardtop on. Second is a dead pedal. That just makes driving on longer trips so much more comfortable.

AvengerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Brawlee LED Cargo Light.

I splurged for the RGB version, cause why not? I love when a company has really put a lot of effort into thinking through the entire install process, and this fits that bill. The disconnect and 12v adapter system are so well done. They even provide white and black cable holders to match the hard top and interior plastic.

And it throws a great amount of light.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Premium lighting is definitely a good one, I have Diode Dynamics products worth every penny, I almost upgraded my pro fogs to max fogs while labor day sale is on, I like the options from KC but a fellow jeeper bought some Diode lights and I was impressed.

The CMM offroad mirrors are another great mod, I had tried a few different set ups but I never really liked them.

I have redline hood struts in the ups truck showing up any minute now, I'm sure I'll agree with everyone who loves them right after they are installed

Hood struts are on and I dont understand why they are not a factory thing.

Last edited:

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
The center console organizer is worth every penny, and should have come from the factory.
My Ram mount phone holder for the top center of the dash gets used every day and I love it.
My Mopar lift has been worth every penny. I’ve never lifted a vehicle before, but knew I wanted my Jeep lifted. I have no other lift to compare it to, so I’m not going to debate what lift is best. All I can say is that every day I love my lifted Jeep and have no regrets with the Mopar lift so far.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
None, no really absolutely none, you won't get one penny more for a modded rig than a stock one if you trade in. As for mods I've enjoyed the most, that would be fixing the woefully inadequate Alpine garbage so I could actually hear the tunes.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The center console organizer is worth every penny, and should have come from the factory.
My Ram mount phone holder for the top center of the dash gets used every day and I love it.
My Mopar lift has been worth every penny. I’ve never lifted a vehicle before, but knew I wanted my Jeep lifted. I have no other lift to compare it to, so I’m not going to debate what lift is best. All I can say is that every day I love my lifted Jeep and have no regrets with the Mopar lift so far.
Oh god the center organizer, I forgot that wasn’t OEM. 100% worth it

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I had my (now adult) daughters get me the center console tray last Xmas. They were all looking at me with a WTF face as I unwrapped it, but it's one of the best gifts I've ever received!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
no particular order

-supercharger
-diode dynamics fogs
-timbren active off road bump stops
-quadratec dead pedal.
Sponsored