What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, Ford Explorer Platinum
Apologies for the late response. I have a 2020 Rubicon diesel with 2" Mopar lift kit. I use daily to hike with my two Wirehaired Pointing Griffons as well as through hunting season. My first install was the lift kit to help navigate hunting terrain. Then I realized how much sh** I was throwing at people behind me so I invested in Weathertech mud guards. Shortly thereafter my wife said she was tired of taking a running leap to get into the vehicle so I removed the stock rock rails and invested a set of ROAM side steps. They are very well made and pretty robust for my usage. As they say, happy wife, happy life. These steps come with 4 LED lights on each side. Despite what they say, a pretty easy wiring job. Next install is a Maximus-3 Stinger bar and several Baja LED lights. Last but not least, a TransK9 kennel for my dogs. These are spectacular design and quality. Made in Scotland and saw them while I was living there. Perfect fit for Gus & Freyja!
IMG_20170809_111915963.jpg
y
Georgia and Tilly
Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny griffs

crudesolo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 dr
Great. Just what I needed. More ideas for Jeep stuff. For me the Weathertech long mats for the 2 door have been invaluable since I have a dog and the rear seat goes up and down a lot.

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
There are two for me. The Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop has been absolutely the one mod I have enjoyed most. I love the convertible feel while still having the hardtop on. Second is a dead pedal. That just makes driving on longer trips so much more comfortable.
Hey which dead pedal did you end up going with. I'm looking for one for my jeep. Thanks

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I did the MORE dead pedal and it’s fantastic. It was a bit of a PITA to install, but I’m a big dude (6’ 275, broad shoulders) and I did it just fine. It’s 15 min of pain for years of comfort.

Sponsored

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Hey which dead pedal did you end up going with. I'm looking for one for my jeep. Thanks
I went with the M.O.R.E one. Pain in the rear to install and even more so if you need to adjust the height. It is built solid and is definitely worth the effort.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
A concrete floor to do modifications and upgrades on? No rocks performing evil acupuncture on your back?Thanks for rubbing it in, buddy! ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny giphy (5)
Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny giphy (5)
Lol. I have to be careful sometimes. You never know when that one stray stone (falls from tread of tire) will appear 😂

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For those asking about the cargo net setup, I recently did this myself.

I bought this net (the blue matches my Hydro quite nicely): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0022ZRTEQ

And a few packs of ball-end bungies from Harbor Freight.

Total Cost: ~$25

I hook the 3 hooks on either end to the *side* bars, and then have two really small hook-end bungies that I hook ~in the middle of the net and secure in the holes on top of the sound bar. You can't really use ball-end on the soundbar, but there are holes in the top of it. Then I also use 3 ball-end bungies along the long end, attached to the back bar.

I keep 4 rolled-up bath towels up there and a 12v electric blanket normally.

It's off right now cause I took the top off this weekend, but need to set it back up and will try to snap a few photos.
Great idea. Just to confirm…you bought the 15’x15’ net - right?

Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
I'm still pretty new to it but my Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop. ~$900 and it's my favorite part of the Jeep thus far.

I can take my daughters to school with the top closed/windows up cause they're pansies, then open it up for the drive home, no need to jack with those stupid panels.
I don't have many mods but my favorite is my ThinSkins door skins. Really well made and they protect my doors from the scratches and drool from my two large dogs. The doors would be trashed already without them....
Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny annie-hard-knock-life
Nice. Link?

FatStratMann

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I'm still pretty new to it but my Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop. ~$900 and it's my favorite part of the Jeep thus far.

I can take my daughters to school with the top closed/windows up cause they're pansies, then open it up for the drive home, no need to jack with those stupid panels.
I ordered one also, in twill. I plan to install it this week. Looking forward to the ease and convenience of opening the top quickly. This thread led me to that top.

2020 White Widow

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Speaker upgrade for my 5" base system.

sound bar
Infinity Kappa 62ix $120
SSV Works JJT-SA065 $100

upper dash
JL Audio C1-075ct $75
[/QUOTE I did the same thing to the sound bar, plugged into the larger plug with the meta extensions and no bass. What did I do wrong. Polarity is correct
Sponsored