wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Quick question: Good looking set-up. Do you use your bumper(s) as an auxiliary air tank to help speed up the airing?
I do not, but that is a great idea. I am waiting for a new front bumper to come it.
Sponsored

Vickie

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired!
It's almost trivial but my most cost effective mod was adding a $19.95 cargo net across the roll bars behind the sound bar, secured to the sound bar contour by two additional straps around the sound bar.

On top of that cargo net I keep two camp chairs, two stuffable fleece blankets, and a camp rug with room to spare. All in space that would otherwise go completely unused and it's up high enough to not impede the view from the rear view mirror. Like having a lot of stuff while the cargo area is still "empty". It's also a very convenient place to hang a battery powered camp light and anything else that needs to be hung in easy reach at camp.

Definitely the most useful 20 bucks I've spent on the Jeep.
I would love to see a photo!???

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Here are mine after of which a few have been mentioned by others

Replacement stubby antenna
Hoodlifts (again why not standard)
Oracle tailgate light
Hot head liner
Disabled ESS (Tazer alone for this stupid feature and more so given I have a diesel)
RSE steps (freakin expensive for what they are given how cheap other rock sliders are, but I really do love how easy it is to get in and out now and reach into the back).
Diode dynamic fogs (I have 3 of them in various locations), but the yellow fogs in their highest output are really good. The other light locations, many other options just as good
ARB onboard air
Dual battery (DYI setup) with 12v fridge on a slide (for those that haven’t moved on from a cooler and ice, once you try it you will never go back)
Rear table with built in stove (super pricey but slick). Regardless I would recommend a fold down table to those that don’t have it

Desired - dead pedal as my other vehicles are manual and that foot keeps feeling lonely (I knew Quadratec, thx for the other options folks have mentioned)

Biggest waste - going all out on the Warn winch for $2K+ and having the remote run out power after 1 week (even when its turned off due to a design flaw). Winch absolutely, but go a different way

As an aside I found “Mr Rolex” post funny, not douchy (although it could have been depending which way you chose to read it). That’s the problem with texts/blogs vs. old fashioned in person chats (what is that again??)

Lastly, to the op, this was a bad idea. I thought I was done for "now" at least, yet a few more things added to that “need” list

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Dead pedal, for sure. Mine is Quadratech with the rubber pad. Relatively expensive, but high quality. Worth every penny to me!
How big of a difference do you think that rubber pad makes? I debated ordering mine with the pad but seeing it would be delayed about a month+ for that pad I opted not to. Wondering if I made a mistake.

Sponsored

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer...I don't know how many times I have used it already but it paid itself like....4 times at least...

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
How big of a difference do you think that rubber pad makes? I debated ordering mine with the pad but seeing it would be delayed about a month+ for that pad I opted not to. Wondering if I made a mistake.
I debated getting the pad but didn't and am very happy with the comfort of it, maybe if I was barefoot a lot I'd want it but I can't imagine it making much of a difference w/ shoes on. I went w/ the Quadratec and am so glad I did, very easy install and very solid, this was my first dead pedal and I had no idea what I was missing. BTW, you can always buy the pad by itself later if you feel you need it.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Which bumper did you go with? Any pics?
Front: Motobilt Crusher w/ Bull Bar
Rear: Body Armor 4x4 Full Width w/ Single action Tire carrier
Pics linked in my build thread. I have a write up/ details on the Motobilt, but haven't been able to do a full install write up for Bodyarmor 4x4 Rear- Which is desperately needed because there isn't a ton of info on that set up, and it's a shame because for the price, it's an excellent value package.

Build thread linked in my profile and signature. It's just easier than copy/ pasting all that wall of text here. Any questions, feel free to reach out.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Here are mine after of which a few have been mentioned by others

Replacement stubby antenna
Hoodlifts (again why not standard)
Oracle tailgate light
Hot head liner
Disabled ESS (Tazer alone for this stupid feature and more so given I have a diesel)
RSE steps (freakin expensive for what they are given how cheap other rock sliders are, but I really do love how easy it is to get in and out now and reach into the back).
Diode dynamic fogs (I have 3 of them in various locations), but the yellow fogs in their highest output are really good. The other light locations, many other options just as good
ARB onboard air
Dual battery (DYI setup) with 12v fridge on a slide (for those that haven’t moved on from a cooler and ice, once you try it you will never go back)
Rear table with built in stove (super pricey but slick). Regardless I would recommend a fold down table to those that don’t have it

Desired - dead pedal as my other vehicles are manual and that foot keeps feeling lonely (I knew Quadratec, thx for the other options folks have mentioned)

Biggest waste - going all out on the Warn winch for $2K+ and having the remote run out power after 1 week (even when its turned off due to a design flaw). Winch absolutely, but go a different way

As an aside I found “Mr Rolex” post funny, not douchy (although it could have been depending which way you chose to read it). That’s the problem with texts/blogs vs. old fashioned in person chats (what is that again??)

Lastly, to the op, this was a bad idea. I thought I was done for "now" at least, yet a few more things added to that “need” list
I don't think that we are ever done building our Jeeps! It's just a constant on going project. I'm considering a second income just to pay for what I buy for my Jeep!

Sponsored

Revive

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
The Tazer by far was the best mod for the money. Completely solved the grinding issue in the front end in 4L. Made my 21 JL into the Jeep I thought I was buying.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
The Tazer by far was the best mod for the money. Completely solved the grinding issue in the front end in 4L.
In all seriousness....how?

Revive

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
In all seriousness....how?
On the 21 JL when you put it in 4L there is a grinding noise in the front end. Seems to be even worse when you put the lockers on. Took it back to the dealer after having it for only 3 days. They say that is normal. They took another 21 JL off the lot and it did the same thing. Said it's done by design and it's the BLD (Brake Lock Differential) and don't worry about it. Well just when you are in the toughest part of an obstacle and need the most power to all wheels it's putting the brakes on and stopping you. I've had Jeeps for 25 years and this is not how they are supposed to work. The Tazer will turn off all the traction control devices when you put it in 4L and now my JL operates like a Jeep should.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude 2.0T
The Tazer will turn off all the traction control devices when you put it in 4L and now my JL operates like a Jeep should.
Do you lose the Hill Descent Control feature if traction control is turned off in 4L? Not concerned, just curious.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
On the 21 JL when you put it in 4L there is a grinding noise in the front end. Seems to be even worse when you put the lockers on. Took it back to the dealer after having it for only 3 days. They say that is normal. They took another 21 JL off the lot and it did the same thing. Said it's done by design and it's the BLD (Brake Lock Differential) and don't worry about it. Well just when you are in the toughest part of an obstacle and need the most power to all wheels it's putting the brakes on and stopping you. I've had Jeeps for 25 years and this is not how they are supposed to work. The Tazer will turn off all the traction control devices when you put it in 4L and now my JL operates like a Jeep should.
Great info - thanks! I was trying to figure out the connection

(BTW - we may have sister Rubicons :) )
Sponsored