What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny

CNSD

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
My 4” rock jock lift
Advertisement

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
My Falcon ST2 3.3 fast adjust shocks with bypass. Best money i have spent on the jeep yet

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I don't have many mods but my favorite is my ThinSkins door skins. Really well made and they protect my doors from the scratches and drool from my two large dogs. The doors would be trashed already without them....
thin skins.jpg

TXWRANGLER20

First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ll stick with the little stuff that really makes a difference for me.

Redline hood struts. For 99$ you never have to dick with that prop rod again.

Fumoto drain valve, makes oil changes painless.

Window tint, because Texas heat sucks
I would have to agree on the hood struts, hood just goes right up for you. I think you can get them cheaper than 99$.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door JL, 2021 JLUR XR on order
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
I would have to agree on the hood struts, hood just goes right up for you. I think you can get them cheaper than 99$.
You can! They're a forum sponsor and have a discount code. But even at $99 they're awesome.

Edit:

Currently $89 on their website

Also, here's the free shipping code to save everyone a search;

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
I like the hood struts from redline, the dead pedal, and the one thing that I really like is the rear antenna mount from Teraflex, great product. I do have the on board air which is also nice.
CB? What onboard air are you rocking?

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone considering doing removing the RUBICON sticker, I went through all 3 stages:

1. Stock Rubicon
1631593445963.png

2. No sticker
1631593191509.png

3. Custom Rubicon
1631593343191.png

I think they all look nice in their own way. No sticker looks "cleaner" but I thought it looked a little "tougher" with
Love the heritage of all the wrangler hood decals. I prefer something to nothing. I think all wranglers should add some type of custom decal. Its the one of the only vehicles you can add them to and look good. Just dont go the cheap route...

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
I have cobra CB and GMRS the antenna mount also holds my Handy flag, air is ARB mounted under master cylinder.
Nice! I’m glad GMRS is becoming more popular these days. I think I’m going to leave the cobra 75 in the garage when the new rig gets here. I’ll carry a hand held CB just in case, but I’ll also be carrying a few FRS radios to hand out in case we’ve already got a few GMRS in the group.

I’ll also be installing on board air for the first time, I’m excited about reducing the time to air up and down. I’ve been getting away with using a portable Viair that clips to the battery. It works, but it’s slow. I think this may quickly become one of my favorite accessories as well.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I forgot about the onboard air. ARB under the master cylinder and I routed an air line to the front bumper. Another mod I like is the aluminum air outlet cover that I mounted on the front bumper. It was a pain in the ass, but after it was done, It has been a nice touch. Also keeps the air chuck clean.

You can see the aluminum cover for the air outlet between the bull bar and the light. The shiny thing...
1631701893837.png

1631701924816.png

1631701962298.png

I get asked about it often........

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2020 JLUR, 2003 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
My knee jerk is the bumpers. I‘m sure I would have ripped the factory plastic ones off looking at the scars the metal ones show. I’ve used the winch twice and would still be stuck if I hadn’t.

That said, the best mod worth every cent for a guy married to a gal who runs in a Dodge Power Wagon, is my decal….

B937E906-BAF1-45C1-9628-B41FA41B3207.jpeg
I modified this for my Jeep. ;)

Jeep Rules_Sticker-01.png

Advertisement

Rancho

Advertisement