What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
Teraflex 2.5” lift and full set of adjustable arms. That got it to drive like my F 250. Then the Speaker LED lights. Expensive and worth every penny.
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Genesis dual battery mod with deep cycle batteries. Ability to jump your own battery with the push of a button from inside the cab.
Just ordered this. How much of a pain is it to install? Messing with yanking that fuse box has me nervous.

Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
I like the hood air intake mod. Did you cut the hood to make those functional?

Also why is the sticker delete something people do? Jeeps are one the few vehicles that hood decals look good on, so why delete them??? They have been part of the history of Wranglers from way back... some notable hood decals include:
the golden eagle,
the renegade,
the willys,
the scrambler
the laredo and now
the rubicon

WHY delete, better to see all wranglers with some type of hood decal.
My favorite is the SPORTICON & my previous silver sahara was named SILVERTON...

Keep Jeeps Fun :)
Replaced OE ornamental inserts with functional S&B intake scoops.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
No skimping here...What modification do you feel is worth it's weight in gold and why?

I will start..

For me it is KC lights. You pay a premium for these but, until you have put your hands on them, you dont understand what a work of art they are.
I hate you just a little for starting thread. I've already found ten things I NEED to buy. (It's all the little stuff. I don't need a lift kit, but RGB lights...of course!)

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Well I am a maintenance electrician so for me it wasn't bad at all. I take high voltage mechanical switchgear apart and put it back together with no spare parts.
I am not an auto mechanic by any means but I can install/take apart mostly anything and get it back together properly. There is a Genesis video of the install that is excellent.

iunate42

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I can attest to difficulty on install. I’m a grown man and contorting myself to get at the right spot AND not lose a screw behind the trim is not easy. If you’ve got a small child in your household it makes it easier as long as they can follow directions and you bribe them with ice cream.
Oh no, I've got one of these on order and no small children around to bribe.

Sponsored

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
RockSlide Engineering Step Sliders @ a whopping $1800. Being on 40's, these are single handedly my favorite aftermarket addition. I can take anybody anywhere and not have climbing in my vehicle be an inconvenience. Also have some metal reinforced legs so it makes my life easier.
Gen 2 or 3? I'm waiting on Gen 3 to be in stock. $2200 plus lights and door delete kits is a bit pricey. Then add rocker protection and more slider protection you easily have $3k in rock slides/steps.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Well I am a maintenance electrician so for me it wasn't bad at all. I take high voltage mechanical switchgear apart and put it back together with no spare parts.
I am not an auto mechanic by any means but I can install/take apart mostly anything and get it back together properly. There is a Genesis video of the install that is excellent.
Fellow sparky. Just seems like a lotta brains going through that box, oh well, I'm committed at this point.
Sponsored