Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing that Quadratec sells their own dead pedal. Looks like an easy install and based on the reviews, a pretty good product. I haven't seen one in person but from the photos it looks like it might even match better than the M.O.R.E. pedal. Might be worth a try.
It looks the exact same thing as the MORE pedal I got before and returned. I’ll pass.

The key problem with JL is that foot well is too narrow and the console gets in the way to be able to get down there and work.

In any event, it is out of stock.
Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
It looks the exact same thing as the MORE pedal I got before and returned. I’ll pass.

The key problem is that JL’s foot well is too narrow and the console gets in the way to be able to get down there and work.

In any event, it is out of stock.
We may be looking at two different things. The Quadratec one I saw didn't look like the M.O.R.E. deadpedal and they claim a 5 minute install. The reviews suggest this is realistic, and installs with just one accessible nut. What caught my eye was the simple install, ability to lift for mat/tray removal, easy adjustment and the stout construction. (It is out of stock but apparently is restocked often within weeks).

Just figured someone here probably already tried one...

SmokeyBaer

First Name
Baer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Build Thread
Link
im not sure which was more douchy. The roli’ flex in a thread like this? Or the inability to not point out you bought a rubicon.
When I went to Hahvahd people used to say, "you know how to tell someone went to Harvard... they'll tell you in their first five words." :CWL:

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
When I went to Hahvahd people used to say, "you know how to tell someone went to Harvard... they'll tell you in their first five words." :CWL:
"When I went to Hahvahd"...literally the first 5 words of your post. I would say you nailed it. 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We may be looking at two different things. The Quadratec one I saw didn't look like the M.O.R.E. deadpedal and they claim a 5 minute install. The reviews suggest this is realistic, and installs with just one accessible nut. What caught my eye was the simple install, ability to lift for mat/tray removal, easy adjustment and the stout construction. (It is out of stock but apparently is restocked often within weeks).

Just figured someone here probably already tried one...
Hmmm...Quadratec shows only two dead pedals for JL: MORE and their own. From what I can tell, the only Quadratec branded dead pedal I see mounts very similarly to the MORE pedal.

In fairness, the installation itself is super easy. The challenge is being able to get in there to get the work done. My back got stuck against the seat. I couldn’t even bend by arm and shoulder; they got stuck between the console and the side of the foot well.

I’ve read of forum members who devised a system of strings and pullies to hoist the stupid pedal into position.

The reviews on the MORE pedal also claim “easy installation,” so I’d take that within the larger context.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Redline hood struts. For 99$ you never have to dick with that prop rod again.
But aren't you then dicking with two hoodstruts whenever you're working under there? On of my favorite Jeep features is that you can lay the hood all the way back when you're in there. So much more room and light.

Moosebear

First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 84 Chevy M1008, 22 Axial SCX6
But aren't you then dicking with two hoodstruts whenever you're working under there? On of my favorite Jeep features is that you can lay the hood all the way back when you're in there. So much more room and light.
They disconnect at the bottom and let you lay the hood all the way back when needed.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

They're super easy to disconnect if you wanted to fold the hood all the way back. For day to day maintenance they're one of my favorite mods.

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Pulling the underhood soundliner, the horse shoe engine cover(?) and raisie the hood hinges. Stops engine temperture spikes and allows underhoodheat to naturally escape without running the fan after engine shut down. Baking under hood heat is not a great thing unless you are warming burritos while camping. Cost for hardware is less than $10.
Is there a reason you went with raising the hood hinges rather than making the hood vents functional?

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
My Diabolical Slipstream cost a pretty penny (Black Friday helped), but I think it is worth it. My JL is my DD/grocery getter and I’m the primary errand-runner. I have the doors off and top down spring through fall. The Slipstream enables me to run multiple errands during one trip because the enclosure is large enough and secure.

Slipstream: $800+

Being able to go to Whole Foods and Costco in one trip? Priceless.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny 4310
I was skimming through to see if anyone had mentioned the slipstream as this would probably be my top mod. I have the two door, so this setup isn't for everyone but I'm fine with my Jeep being a two seater. But being able to throw my work laptop under the deck and stop off someplace on the way home is a big plus for me.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I'm seeing that Quadratec sells their own dead pedal. Looks like an easy install and based on the reviews, a pretty good product. I haven't seen one in person but from the photos on their website, it looks like it might even match better than the M.O.R.E. pedal. Might be worth a try.
I ordered the quadratec dead pedal after Jeeping this weekend. I don't know if I'm out of shape or if there was something else going on but coming down hill I found my left leg hurting. I think I was planting it flat on the floor and using it to brace myself into the seat. Was going to order the MORE dead pedal as it is the one I knew by name, but when googling I came across trailtravler's video where he snapped one of the bolts while bracing against it. The quadratec looks like that shouldn't be a concern, plus a much easier install.

EDIT: I should point out it is backordered. I believe the website it expected to ship on the 15th when I ordered it, it's now showing the 20th. My receipt didn't give me a date. They offer a rubber pad to go with it, and I debated that, but it was back ordered until sometime in Oct so I passed on it.

Last edited:

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Hood blackout vinyl. I had a t-shirt wadded up on the dash for months to keep the hood glare out of my eyes. It should have been a day 1 mod.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
They're super easy to disconnect if you wanted to fold the hood all the way back. For day to day maintenance they're one of my favorite mods.
I wonder if it's just a habit I have from my first Jeep, it doesn't have a prop rod or any other way to hold the hood open. The only time I use the prop rod on my JL or TJ is when I'm connecting my air compressor to fill up the tires after a trip. If I'm doing any work under the hood it is laid back. Even a simple oil change the hood is fully opened. So for myself, I feel like I'd be constantly dicking with the struts. Is there a reason you prefer to not open the hood all of the way?
Sponsored