Sponsored

What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL?

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
How 'bout a single button for a programmable "trail mode". You could have it turn on/off any/all safety features or any other selectable feature without going through multiple menus, etc.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Vinyl seats. I had it on my 87 Wrangler and that thing held up like a champ. Now all we have is cloth or leather.
I love the old-school sentiment, brother, but if there’s one thing I DON’T miss from my early vehicles, it’s vinyl seats.
Kinda like “Naugahyde” furniture.
Give me cloth or give me leather.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
  1. On my key fob I would like a button to simultaneously lower all the windows and open up the Sky One-Touch Power Top.
  2. Driver and passenger better articulation seats. The seats need to sit lower for tall people
  3. The rear camera replaces the rear view mirror on the 8.4" screen. Maybe just the upper half of the screen.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I wish the infotainment center had a powerful voice assistant while I am driving.

"Listen to XM 27"
"Set the seat heater to one"
"Turn up the dash lighting to 80%"
"Open all windows"
"Set the cruise to 43 mile's per hour"

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
A transfer case linkage that doesn't require a kilometer of throw to hit 4hi and a mile to get to 4lo.

Don't get me wrong Jeep - I LOVE the manual t-case (read: pushbutton is NOT the solution) but seriously, just go drive an '04-08 F150 with manual 'case and you'll see how it should work. Honestly the Jeep engineers should be embarrassed they couldn't reduce the throw here.

Sponsored

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
For everyone saying they wish they would offer d44 and lockers for all trims this should/would never happen. If you want them buy the rubicon that is point of the different models of the wrangler the higher model you get the better things in it.
The JT with max tow package comes close to doing just that and I’d like to a see a similar package of goodies offered for all the JL trims:
Dana 44 axles, 4.10 ratio
Big brakes
High output alternator
Heavy duty cooling
Choice of black or painted Rubicon fenders (the JT package bundles painted fenders)

With the above, I could get the best of the heavy duty items in a Sport yet still have roll-up windows, manual locks, etc. Other than a little effort for FCA to change the vehicle configurator rules, there is no cost to develop this package for the JL since it is just pulling from different part bins already used in production.

Where the JT max tow package loses me is that it also bundles an automatic transmission for trims other than Rubicon. I’d guess this is done to keep profit margins in line for the package.

Osen

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Some of these are extremely picky, but sh*t, when talking about dropping $50k+ on a 2 door jeep, I think it's reasonable:

• Smaller key fob

• The darker saddle brown leather seats that the '20 gladiator has (I'm assuming the '20 will have this and the front camera?)

• auto up/down windows. window controls on the doors vs dash.

• A redesigned (or deleted) subwoofer for the 2-door with upgraded audio that doesnt completely monopolize the rear storage. I think it's a horrible design... too much of a tradeoff for the 2 door. I dont know where they could place a subwoofer otherwise though. But I'd love the option of the 8" dash screen and nice sounding speakers minus the sub in the storage bin. It's the only place to safely store anything when parking with the top off. Lets just say "the ability to get the 8" screen without the audio upgrade"

• A light tan paint option.

• I'd prefer the ability to choose the dash color/style. I want a Rubicon but not a fan of the red (100% personal preference). I like the idea of it being leather wrapped like the upper dash, but hate how it's done in the sahara. The contrast stitching looks cheap in my opinion. Not a huge deal, as I'm sure a lot of sport owners would happily trade for the red.

Instarand

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
1) ventilated seats
2) clothes hanger clip things in the back somewhere
3) 360 camera
4) diesel w manual tranny
5) more XM preset buttons
6) auto-up windows
7) permanent disabling of auto start/stop
8) power seats with driver memory

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Freedom top front panels with windows
I already quoted you once on this point, but I found something I put away. This is an engineering drawing from September 2006, a couple of months after JK production started. They gave me a copy of it because I'd suggested the option in an internal suggestion box.
For some reason(s) they never got it produced.

IMG_2609.jpg
Sponsored