Sponsored

What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Oh, I don't know...said in sarcastic frustration...

the ability to add a factory or aftermarket hood lock before some autonomous and automatic driving "JM" comes to market...?

(sorry, on a roll today with this topic)

..off soapbox : - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No, I just get tired of the big thing weighing down my pocket when I carry it.

If it needed to be this big for what it does, it would be one thing, but for the same functionality and proximity features as my other vehicle, the fob is twice as thick, half-inch longer, and weighs twice as much. Just seems like heft for the sake of heft and nothing else.
Is this a comment from a male enhancement products forum?

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Auto-up windows. If you’re going to force me to have power windows (Rubicon), and then put the controls for said windows on the right side of the driver, you need to include auto-up so I don’t have to hold the up button while trying to shift from 1 to 2. It’s really annoying when pulling away from a security checkpoint especially in the rain. On my TJ it wasn’t a problem because I had crank windows- on the driver’s left hand side.
That was back when everyone drove Jeeps with no hands. Oh, I forgot that many still want to.

Sponsored

jaben

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Alright guys and girls. What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL's? I will kick it off. I would like to see a height adjustment for the front passenger seat. I never understood why they didn't design it that way. What would it cost... $20, $50? As a driver or passenger in a Jeep, I like to sit up tall. Besides, when you walk out to your Wrangler and the driver's seat is sitting up tall and the front passenger's seat is, well, all the way down, it just doesn't look right, huh?
My only real issues are the fender design. I don’t like that the seam with the body has a groove that fills with rocks and dirt.
That and that the Jeep won’t move with the drivers door open.
Other than that I still love it.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
i'd like to see the uconnect3 stereo ripped out, and run over. like, 137 times. im looking for an aftermarket replacement now
I'm in the market for a '20 because, for One, since Jeep has already removed/replaced that "3-unit" for the 7"-unit as Standard on many of the other Jeeps, I'm hoping the 2020 JLU's will too. Also hope they offer as standard the Front camera . . . on ALL models, not just the Rubicon.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
  • Color matching dash panels
  • Ventilated seats
  • A better drivers seat, it just not comfortable, not enough adjustments, a strap to recline, really?
  • Tighten up the steering
COLOR MATCHING DASH PANELS . . . yes, I like that idea . . . would be similar to the 500 FIAT'S ! . . . and iF they have heated seats, why the heck can't they offer the "powered" seats like ALL the other non-wrangler Jeeps ? Just make the wiring waterproof . If a Jeep can waterford 19inches and not "Shock" the passengers, Jeep should be able to add the Powered Seat Adjustments too !

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Forward and side cameras and air down horn.

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White JLUR
Occupation
On set medic
Just put my order in for a 2019. Didn't want to risk losing the deal. The one convenience feature I'll miss is rain & speed-sensing wipers. I don't know what I'll do if they put that on the 20s.
i'd like to see the uconnect3 stereo ripped out, and run over. like, 137 times. im looking for an aftermarket replacement now

Sponsored

GoHack

First Name
Gordon (N7QEI)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLU Sport, DoM 7/18 (Wed)
Occupation
Mech Engr
Vehicle Showcase
3.55 gearing, or better yet, a 3.73. The 3.45 is too high a gearing, especially if you want to add bigger diameter tires.

Get rid of that front axle engagement servo. It was a pain back w/my '94 Jeep Wrangler, just as it is on my 2018. They got rid of it back w/the TJ's, up through the JK's, which made shifting the transfer case a lot easier, but re-introduced it w/the JL's once again.

spud

First Name
DW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler rubicon
Alright guys and girls. What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL's? I will kick it off. I would like to see a height adjustment for the front passenger seat. I never understood why they didn't design it that way. What would it cost... $20, $50? As a driver or passenger in a Jeep, I like to sit up tall. Besides, when you walk out to your Wrangler and the driver's seat is sitting up tall and the front passenger's seat is, well, all the way down, it just doesn't look right, huh?
Many jeeps are towed behind motor homes. A tow ready option would be nice.

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White JLUR
Occupation
On set medic
Just put my order in for a 2019. Didn't want to risk losing the deal. The one convenience feature I'll miss is rain & speed-sensing wipers. I don't know what I'll do if they put that on the 20s.
Hey DenaliDan! I’m buying a new JL as well... What’s “the deal” that you're referring to?
Sponsored