Sponsored

What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL?

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I would like to see the side approach lights in the side mirrors replicated on the front dash. A flashing yellow triangle next to each turn signal light would be a nice fore-warning for any lane change that would be in the normal forward field of vision. Only the side mirror lights flash (no chime) if the turn signal is not engaged. Small convenience. I live in SoCal and freeway driving is dicey to say the least.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HealthRebel

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
A couple more that I would like:
1) Locking hood from the factory
2) Add a floor-mounted headlight high beam/dimmer switch! Still keep the one on the stalk on the steering column, just bring back the floor switch as well so we have both options. It will be interesting to see the response on this one. Probably a lot of you have no idea what I am referring to.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I already quoted you once on this point, but I found something I put away. This is an engineering drawing from September 2006, a couple of months after JK production started. They gave me a copy of it because I'd suggested the option in an internal suggestion box.
For some reason(s) they never got it produced.

IMG_2609.jpg
Sun roof?

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
2) Add a floor-mounted headlight high beam/dimmer switch! Still keep the one on the stalk on the steering column, just bring back the floor switch as well so we have both options. It will be interesting to see the response on this one. Probably a lot of you have no idea what I am referring to.
Only if they move the starter switch to the floor too. :)

Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I have a wish list
But I would like Jeep to do more to check all the gaps and problems
I want 2020 closer to perfection and then to move towards the future because the challenge will be difficult especially in North America.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Two words.

Half Doors

I really want a factory Half Door option with Hard uppers that match the Hard Top.

But alas such will fall on deaf ears. Just like the people asking for a V8 ever since the YJ.

As a thousand yard Longshot like the ones above. Redo the center controls move axle and sway bar bits back where they were on the JK and put in the dial-a-gear from the ram for a shifter.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Repetition for FCA, all for 2 DOOR, call it the K9 Edition
LineEx interior ( Carpet Delete)
Hood Lock
Hard Top removeable Side windows ( like the Sky Top has)
Manual trans for 2.0T
Vinyl Seats
Clear Freedom Panels

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Repetition for FCA, all for 2 DOOR, call it the K9 Edition
LineEx interior ( Carpet Delete)
Hood Lock
Hard Top removeable Side windows ( like the Sky Top has)
Manual trans for 2.0T
Vinyl Seats
Clear Freedom Panels
You might actually get that Manual on a 2.0 eventually, since they've made the 2.0 ESS without the BSG as an option for next year.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I enjoyed the floor-triggered high beams on Fords '80-91. Also made the turn signal stalk not so much of a complicated $500 part ;)

Jaeth

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.standardroofingok.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
As a thousand yard Longshot like the ones above. Redo the center controls move axle and sway bar bits back where they were on the JK and put in the dial-a-gear from the ram for a shifter.
Being able to select your gear via the manual mode on the auto is a huge plus for me. Dial-a-gear is more for on road only driving and not what the jeep is mostly intended for, IMO.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
My Wish List:

• A real cold-weather package. My 4Runner has electric heating elements in the windshield that heat the area under the wipers and up along the driver's side edge of the windshield (where snow/ice accumlate from the wipers). Ice build up on the windshield (particularly when driving in freezing rain) is a big safety issue up here in the snowbelt area of the country. Heated LED lights too (again, an issue up here in snow country).

• Options to have the Rubicon "look" on the Sport S model (Rubicon wheels/tires, steel bumpers, hood, and front grill). I love the look of the Rubicon but don't really have a need for the off-road abilities of the Rubicon for most of my driving. (Yes, I know about the MOAB but it would be great to get this type of look in the lower $40k-range, not $55k the MOAB commanded.)

• I love the Altitude Sport S model but hate the wheels (personal preference, no offense). I'd love the ability to add Rubicon stock wheels/tires to a Sport S Altitude. Offer the Altitude in Bikini too!

• Euro-stlye LED taillights with an amber turn signals. I think this is a safety issue that Jeep could easily add to US-spec JL's.

• It'll never happen but the 2.0 and/or the diesel to have the 6-speed manual. I want more torque with a manual than the 3.6 offers.

• Better head rests and a smaller key fob.

• The 8.4" screen and LED headlights/tailights available on the Sport S

Last edited:

JLSahara22

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Would love perforated seats with cooled seats feature.... love the cold weather group, want an all weather group!
Sponsored