Sponsored

What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Numero Uno- steering that works
How about a 12 volt outlet up top by the rear view mirror, to plug in radar and dash cams ?
Speaking of mirrors....self adjusting would help from blinding lights on cars behind.
Still really want the invisibility and missile launching buttons
Sponsored

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
At the Jeep/Mopar area at EJS I spoke the Jeep Product Manager responsible for accessories for 20 minutes. He was interested in this same line of questioning. Our conversation was wide-ranging and the setting was the Jeep pavilion. While we talked we walked around the 10 or so JLs and JTs they had on display and the half dozen concept Gladiators they built for EJS.

He said the front trail cam and supportive pages from the Gladiator are supposedly coming to JL. I asked if they would be orderable from the catalog so I could upgrade my '19 JLUR and he said he thought that would be available in 2020.

What I asked for are additional trail cams/rock lights linked to this system - the mirrors are an interesting place for this, but pulling off the doors would negate this option. I asked if in lieu of the bluetooth speaker or in addition to (for JL) that we have mounting points on the body/chassis of the JL and 4 additional deployable GoPro-like cameras with 12 hours of battery life/HD space, as well as an in cabin camera(s).

The other area I spent the most time with him on was the ability to order a pair of Dynatrac ProRock 44s as a factory option suspension upgrade so the sway bars and lockers all operate as OE.

I also asked for a dealer-installed (warrantied) turbo upgrade for the 3.6 - not for crawling, but added get up & go on dunes and highway.

We also spoke about some of the interior options they are offering on the JT and bringing additional options to the JL, although my area of interest here was some of the upgraded leather interiors they showcased at the event in the Gladiators.

dzsmlm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4 door
I would like to see an easier shifting transfer case. Mine is always a pain when I need to tow it.

chessiehokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; Previous: 1978 Jeep CJ-7; M151A2 (3/64 Armor, 3rd Infantry Division).
eTorque on the 3.6L Pentastar... been waiting since 2018 launch!!!
Body color matched dash panels
Auto up windows

Sponsored

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
For everyone saying they wish they would offer d44 and lockers for all trims this should/would never happen. If you want them buy the rubicon that is point of the different models of the wrangler the higher model you get the better things in it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm surprised so few mentioned an engine upgrade. Definitely need to see that diesel and a hemi option.
I'd kill for some package like a TrailHawk or similar. Even if likely out of my price range it gives us some parts options to slowly upgrade in that direction.

Sponsored

Halinkoff

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I’d like auto up/down on all windows. Daytime running lights. I’d also like to see a rain gutter that doesn’t drip inside car or on my leg when I’m getting out of car. Height adjustment on seats would be nice.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I suspect that the 2020 model year will not have any significant features added, much like no real changes to the 2019 model, as they put all of their time into the Gladiator this year.
I agree, probably the only features that might be added to the 2020 JL are the features currently unique to the Gladiator.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
How does everyone feel the Lane Keep Assist -- if added -- would react when you hit a bump and get death wobble? I'm not sure I've read a discussion about being on cruise control when it happens. Personally, I would not want any additional mechanisms added to my steering box. I've driven other rented vehicles with it, but I'm not sure how well it would work with non rack-and-pinion steering.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Add me to the list of people who think the key fob is waaay too big. I'd also like a place to put the key fob while driving. Like, ooh, I dunno - THE FNG IGNITION!!

Better gears for the sport. 3.73's wouldn't be ideal, but they'd be a hell of a lot better for those of us driving 5 speeds. (Yes, 5 speeds. 6th gear is useless where I live) and wouldn't be stepping on the Rubis 4.10 toes