Sponsored

What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Alright guys and girls. What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL's? I will kick it off. I would like to see a height adjustment for the front passenger seat. I never understood why they didn't design it that way. What would it cost... $20, $50? As a driver or passenger in a Jeep, I like to sit up tall. Besides, when you walk out to your Wrangler and the driver's seat is sitting up tall and the front passenger's seat is, well, all the way down, it just doesn't look right, huh?
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Just put my order in for a 2019. Didn't want to risk losing the deal. The one convenience feature I'll miss is rain & speed-sensing wipers. I don't know what I'll do if they put that on the 20s.
You don't know what rain looks like or what?

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Just put my order in for a 2019. Didn't want to risk losing the deal. The one convenience feature I'll miss is rain & speed-sensing wipers. I don't know what I'll do if they put that on the 20s.
I had rain-sensing wipers on the F-150 I traded for the JL. They worked surprisingly well. Definitely a first world thing but it was nice to set it and forget it. Also had auto bright lights, which was nice as well. Neither would influence a buying decision for me but they are nice-to-haves.

Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I had rain-sensing wipers on the F-150 I traded for the JL. They worked surprisingly well. Definitely a first world thing but it was nice to set it and forget it. Also had auto bright lights, which was nice as well. Neither would influence a buying decision for me but they are nice-to-haves.
I just traded in my fifth VW Jetta. Every Jetta I've had came with the rain-sensing wipers, and wow do I miss them. Yes, 1st world problem. But I literally never manually turned on the wipers, as the car did it for me. Just a nice perk, for sure.

But I'd like to also see all four windows being auto up and down, with just a push of the button. Also a feature on the Jetta that was surprisingly useful.

Of course, my Jettas doors didn't come off and I couldn't get over the snow pile at the end of my driveway after work.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I just traded in my fifth VW Jetta. Every Jetta I've had came with the rain-sensing wipers, and wow do I miss them. Yes, 1st world problem. But I literally never manually turned on the wipers, as the car did it for me. Just a nice perk, for sure.

But I'd like to also see all four windows being auto up and down, with just a push of the button. Also a feature on the Jetta that was surprisingly useful.

Of course, my Jettas doors didn't come off and I couldn't get over the snow pile at the end of my driveway after work.
Good one! Auto up/down is another great feature. Too many nanny rules here in the US for the automakers to add them. Germans have no problem with them, lol. There is a thread on here somewhere where a member has done a conversion for this and a vendor has said they are working on an aftermarket solution.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’d like to see the nanny’s let you lock your rear axle in 2wd, and front and rear axle in 4H. I have mine wired so I can do it, and the tazer mini lets you do it, but it would be nice to not have to use a hack.......:)

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
How about something simple and inexpensive.....like a “Reset” button for the info-tainment system. Sometimes while using the Nav...and the Favorites in combination with ....who knows what else... the screen gets locked. In order to unlock it, you have to turn the whole Jeep “off”....then back on and everything works again. Once in a while you gotta do this to your Phone....but damn....having to reset the Whole Jeep just for the info-tainment system sucks when your traveling on the Hwy.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Need to see a tilt feature for the seat cushion. The driver seating position B L O W S.

Would love to see body color fenders become an option on Sport models.

Would love to see a rear locking diff. available on Sport models.