wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Hey Ted,

I assume the part you needed was the Locker sensors? The warranty on my Jeep JUST ended a few weeks ago and I got the dreaded "Service Axle Lockers" message yesterday.

I heard you can now order the sensors without needing to get an entirely new axle, do you know if that's true? I also JUST replaced my diff fluid (and covers) 2000 miles ago so don't really feel like opening it all up again if I can't get the sensors.

P.S. Loved the road trip journal thread! I followed it daily.
The sensor that typically goes out is already bypassed with the Z Automotive harness. I have two of the harnesses so that does not seam to be the problem.

I have a great shop that is going to look at it and find the problem. I put a whole new locker in it in December.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey Ted,

I assume the part you needed was the Locker sensors? The warranty on my Jeep JUST ended a few weeks ago and I got the dreaded "Service Axle Lockers" message yesterday.

I heard you can now order the sensors without needing to get an entirely new axle, do you know if that's true? I also JUST replaced my diff fluid (and covers) 2000 miles ago so don't really feel like opening it all up again if I can't get the sensors.

Yes, you can order a sensor kit for about $350 US. It comes with 5 numbered sensors. You put them in sequentially until your rig doesn't throw a code and you're good. They're backordered right now.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey Ted,

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-axle-sensor-kit-68544629aa

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
  1. Mopar door sill guards. Simply put, they are too small; they don’t guard very much. Not sure what Mopar was thinking.
    • If I were to do it all over again, I’d just get the Quadratec sill guards, or some clear film
Which clear film product would you use? Has anyone tried this? It would have to stand up to a lot of wear and tear.

Great thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Which clear film product would you use? Has anyone tried this? It would have to stand up to a lot of wear and tear.

Great thread.
I don’t know. I’ll defer to those who have actually done it.

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Rough country mlc-6, it works well, however was a pain in the ass to install. Cheap hardware that didn't fit, a couple broken bolts. Being somewhat handy and having a good selection of my own hardware, was easy to get it running. There are many options on the market and while it still works, I've seen better setups that I'd rather have.

With that said, I've put an auxbeam 6 button controller on my old truck that my teenage son helped install. The rough country mlc-6 is better than the auxbeam.

I installed the mlc-6 that fits in front of the shifter in the dash and don't think it was that bad. Mine came with zero issues and has worked great.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the mlc-6 that fits in front of the shifter in the dash and don't think it was that bad. Mine came with zero issues and has worked great.
That's good, I'm pretty handy with making stuff work, I just wish it was a better install and proper hardware

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

Great thread.
I used this Xpel film for my door sills and hinges. I just cut it to fit and applied it with some soapy water.

XPEL R4003-P Clear Paint Protection Film Roll 6" x 84" https://a.co/d/8qMW9xG

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
[snip]
  1. Mopar door sill guards. Simply put, they are too small; they don’t guard very much. Not sure what Mopar was thinking.
    • If I were to do it all over again, I’d just get the Quadratec sill guards, or some clear film
If it makes you feel any better, I installed the Quadratec sill guards and they are creating a gap in my door seal. Now I have to pull them off and clean up 8 strips of VRB tape from my brand new JLU and find another alternative. So I don't recommend these.

Sponsored

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
If it makes you feel any better, I installed the Quadratec sill guards and they are creating a gap in my door seal. Now I have to pull them off and clean up 8 strips of VRB tape from my brand new JLU and find another alternative. So I don't recommend these.
Plumbean, I held off from buying those same sill guards, as I'd read similar comments from quite a few other Jeep owners in online forums, at least from JL owners.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
The one mod that I have tried, and regretted --- well, they just did not work, and had to be removed --- were the Bartact "Performance" (not the molle-covered "Tactical") seat covers. What a nightmare those things were!

I found those seat covers not just difficult, but literally impossible to get on, and to the extent that I could even install them, they were very badly cut and/or very poorly fitting, with basically no way to really secure them to each other, or to the seats in any functional manner. I was completely and totally disappointed with them, and sent the seat covers back too Bartact, after fighting with them and trying to make them work for literally days.

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Road Armor bumpers, Diabolical Slipstream and just about any of those fancy instagram photo worthy lifestyle mods are all things that will not make it on my incoming 23.
Sponsored