Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Factory Option Front Camera.
Actually, the jury is still out on this. So far the most use I get from it is not hitting the dresser stored in the garage when I park the Jeep in nose first.
I purchased a flashing Stop Sign on a stick for $10.00. It prevents the Missus from using the Ural for "contact parking", as I've come to refer to it.

As you can from the pics, she'll keep going even after contact with the stick occurs. That $10 expense didn't occur a moment too soon, lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? IMG_20220825_130807

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? IMG_20220825_130659 (1)

Personally, I just want a nondescript black antenna that doesn't go above the roofline and doesn't sacrifice non-urban AM/FM reception like all the other aftermarket 'stubby' antennas (or easily break like the taller mid-height stubby antennas).
I can't find the post, but I have seen a photo of an OEM antenna that the owner cut down (from the top) by a few inches, after which he was able to reconnect the little ball from the remnant cut. It maintained the factory aesthetic, and reception, while solving the issue of excessive length.

Just an idea.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I purchased a flashing Stop Sign on a stick for $10.00. It prevents the Missus from using the Ural for "contact parking", as I've come to refer to it.

As you can from the pics, she'll keep going even after contact with the stick occurs. That $10 expense didn't occur a moment too soon, lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? IMG_20220825_130659 (1)

I can't find the post, but I have seen a photo of an OEM antenna that the owner cut down (from the top) by a few inches, after which he was able to reconnect the little ball from the remnant cut. It maintained the factory aesthetic, and reception, while solving the issue of excessive length.

Just an idea.
I have those in my garage also. Very handy. Though a tennis ball on a string hung from the ceiling works too...

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have those in my garage also. Very handy.
That's our second one. The first one didn't survive being knocked over.

She's a genuinely decent driver on the road, but when pulling into the garage, watch out...

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Cowl mounted LEDs. The glare was high, wind noise was high, and I just didn’t need them. I didn’t carry them over from old Jeep to new.

Sponsored

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS

Just an idea.
I did that. Can’t speak for the reception as I never listen to AM/FM.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I have the front cam option, but I rarely use it (still great to have the few times I do need it though.). What I do pulling into my garage is I put my rear view camera in the system tray:

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? B28D8A27-4E08-4AD1-9988-13C05E552E4E

And then in the front of my garage I have a bright red Craftsman air compressor, so when I can see it in the rear camera that I activate as I pull into the garage I know I’m all set.

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? 0A0E59C9-5119-478B-85F4-5FB626AD4AAE

Donevan.Ausborn

First Name
Donevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle JLU Sport S 2.0, 03 VTX 1800 C

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
thats one kick ass style, been looking for a decent full length but all of them look so off from the jeep body style, so the stubbys are the only ones that look good, but this is kinda a stubby style with added horizontal protection. im so glad i saw this man, price is decent too!!!
Awesome. My next Jeep will probably get that bumper or something similar put on, now that I've learned my lessons on this one, lol.

Sponsored

Cycle11111

First Name
Alastair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Wrangler Sport
Love this setup - great range off the high gain antenna - I have a 50W Wouxun 1000G in the Jeep but running treed trails with friends the ghost antenna works great

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
thats one kick ass style, been looking for a decent full length but all of them look so off from the jeep body style, so the stubbys are the only ones that look good, but this is kinda a stubby style with added horizontal protection. im so glad i saw this man, price is decent too!!!
I have the Quadratec QRC in the stubby version, here's the full version, similar to the one @Sean L posted, been happy w/ mine FWIW.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/qrc-front-winch-ready-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? IMG_0897.JPG
Sponsored