Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Plastic high-line fenders! Big fail. Go metal or you will regret it the first rock or tree that you bash..
I disagree. I rather rip off a plastic fender. They're cheap. Usually they bend, scratch, whatever. Also metal fenders is packing more weight.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Have you seen this …

looks like a good fix and looks great too.
Bronco antenna swap
i like this idea. ive had bad experiences with stubby antennas. always get bad reception. with me oem antenna i can still pick up radio in the mountains in big bear. i dont even have phone signal most of the time and have very little music stored on my phone.

anyone know where the cheapest place to buy that bronco antenna is? its like $60 on Ford parts, plus shipping im sure. plus the adapter from Amazon. that can turn out to be a pricey antenna. maybe bronco guys will start posting them for sale when they go to the stubbys lol.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
i like this idea. ive had bad experiences with stubby antennas. always get bad reception. with me oem antenna i can still pick up radio in the mountains in big bear. i dont even have phone signal most of the time and have very little music stored on my phone.

anyone know where the cheapest place to buy that bronco antenna is? its like $60 on Ford parts, plus shipping im sure. plus the adapter from Amazon. that can turn out to be a pricey antenna. maybe bronco guys will start posting them for sale when they go to the stubbys lol.
I trashed my oem antenna and I regret that.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

the only mod that i can think of, that i sorta regret, would be quick disconnects. i bought them for a stock height jeep but then planned to lift it, so they never even got used. in a box in my garage somewhere.

Sponsored

RMA23

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhawk Cherokee. JL Rubicon.

Here ya go... He had these links under his video in the description line.

$33 here:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/aerial-without-cable-14761793-1?pdp=y#/sectionId:395088936

$7.80 for Thread Adaptor:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OMK5H...c1c771acd1513&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
My reasoning not to do metal fenders.
I guess so, it depends on the amount of bash. Ultimately yes. But initially no.. I think you are more likely to bash lightly than hard. But maybe you are right and yes they are cheaper.. the first 2 times anyway.. then maybe not. Plus you can get alloy to keep them fairly light.

Donevan.Ausborn

First Name
Donevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle JLU Sport S 2.0, 03 VTX 1800 C
First Mod I ever did, I got a Grille Guard.

1661177219214.png

I came down on top of a rock in Uwharrie and it wound up shoving the guard supports into the grille and damaging the paint. So I took the guard off, plastidipped the grille and eventually replaced my bumper with a takeoff steel bumper.

1661177391758.png

Looking back at all of the trouble, I should have just changed out the bumper for something like this to start with.

1661177615589.png
What bumper is the last one you posted?

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Anyone know if someone makes a slightly shorter adapter/coupler for the Bronco antenna? Looked around and couldn't find anything comparable with the overall length listed.

Just think the extra 3/8" gap of exposed brass with Matt's setup looks a little jank imo. Maybe a few layers of heatshrink tubing would work?

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? Image1

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Who’d have thought that the 25-cent antenna mast would get the most posts...? 😫
And who'd have thought that Mopar would be missing out on charging $75 for a 25¢ "high-performance off-road antenna" 😆

Personally, I just want a nondescript black antenna that doesn't go above the roofline and doesn't sacrifice non-urban AM/FM reception like all the other aftermarket 'stubby' antennas (or easily break like the taller mid-height stubby antennas).

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Everything including the hoop and down are mostly blocked in the stock camera view with a winch installed on the Mopar bumper and ironically are the area that I am most concerned about seeing with the aid of a front camera. Everything above the hoop I can just about see by looking over the hood.

Here in CA the trails are very dry and dusty. Right at the start of the trail the lens is covered in dust. Spraying the lens cleans it for 2 seconds and then the new dust turns to mud on the wet lens. The dust on the lens might also be why the quality of the camera is not as good as I expected and maybe why I get so much sun glare that washes out the details.

It's ok and nice to have but I am not sure if I would pay the extra $695 for this feature in the future. I'll admit that it is nice having when going over steep hills and not knowing what is on the other side but in those scenerios I have found myself looking too much at the screen and the front of the Jeep and not paying enough attention to the sides of the Jeep that might be nearing a cliff edge.

Jeep Wrangler JL What mods do you regret and would NOT do again? Image1
The view definitely seems flat. I'm not sure why, but videos that I've seen of the Bronco's trail cam seem to render in a more natural way with a more realistic perception of depth.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I have dumped about $14K in aftermarket mods, accessories, and onboard tools for my JLR. I can honestly say that I don't regret any of the significant ones that really ring up the dollars.

Will I get enough use out of all of them... probably not even close. But the pleasure and piece of mind to have the equipment, tools, conveniences on board is worth it to me.

I suppose I am getting old enough to know this is my last rodeo.
Sponsored