Sponsored

What modifications are you planning for your 392?

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
Since I’m picking up the car in Scottsdale and driving it back to orange county here in California I was thinking about doing it prior to the trip across the desert. But both places seem pretty close to the same price my next option is to look locally here in Southern California to shop around
Matt at Protect-a-shied in Scottsdale did my Viper, front end and mirrors. Super meticulous job. In case you want to get it done here. Lots of high end cars based on his pics including a few Jeeps.

https://protectashield.com/
Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Xpel Stealth PPF with Ceramic Coat on top. Stereo next, then wheels and suspension.
01D47D84-8ED9-4312-910F-90DAAB528CDF.jpeg
This looks fantastic! May have to do this on my hydro blue 392.

Sponsored

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Thanks, those look great. I'm thinking of getting them for my incoming Hydro Blue 392.
If I could do it all over again though I may have chosen something a little lighter, like the Black Rhino Apache. Similar offset and 17x8.5 almost 10 lbs lighter.

My wheels and tires are 113lb each!

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
If I could do it all over again though I may have chosen something a little lighter, like the Black Rhino Apache. Similar offset and 17x8.5 almost 10 lbs lighter.

My wheels and tires are 113lb each!
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm probably gonna go with 315/70/17s KO2s. I read that the OEM wheel/tire combo is 95lbs. I believe these Rebel 5s are 36lbs. Add 64lbs for the tires and it's only a tad heavier than the OEM set up.

Sponsored

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm probably gonna go with 315/70/17s KO2s. I read that the OEM wheel/tire combo is 95lbs. I believe these Rebel 5s are 36lbs. Add 64lbs for the tires and it's only a tad heavier than the OEM set up.
95 seems heavy. Those C rated stock tires are light. I'll have to weigh them both as they are separated and sitting in my garage for now.

It is a good idea to take it easy on the weights with all the power we can put down.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
95 seems heavy. Those C rated stock tires are light. I'll have to weigh them both as they are separated and sitting in my garage for now.

It is a good idea to take it easy on the weights with all the power we can put down.
I hear you. That 95lbs I cite is from a post here or on Facebook. Not verified by me or anyone I know. I think the OEM wheel is a lot heavier than the standard Rubi wheels though.

BigBabyEarl

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 392
Looks awesome. How much did you pay?
I did windows, full xpel, ceramic for like $8k? Another dealer quoted me $11k. Looks amazing in person. Wanted something unique and down the road when I’m over it I’ll have shiny new paint underneath. Love it.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I did windows, full xpel, ceramic for like $8k? Another dealer quoted me $11k. Looks amazing in person. Wanted something unique and down the road when I’m over it I’ll have shiny new paint underneath. Love it.
That’s not too bad. I really want to do it but I’m also buying a new trailer and have money going towards that. Decisions.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many

Does the matte wrap have the "healing" qualities of the clear XPEL?

Sam
Sponsored