Sponsored

What modifications are you planning for your 392?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I am the bitter user......

I have Fox 2.5's tuned by AccuTune and even then they are a bit harsh on the streets. They work great off road which makes up for that so no big deal.

The point I was trying to make is we always see this when a new model of Jeep comes along. You have the guys who truly enjoy them which is great. We have a couple of those on here and it's neat to watch them find the limits and figure out what works and what doesn't. They are the trailblazers - literally - and I really appreciate them doing what they do. On the JL it was guys like Kevin from LiteBrite, and Pony Boy from the forum that shall not be mentioned who were the early ones, as well as countless others not so well publicized.

Then you have those who would never have bought a Jeep except somehow heard about the latest and greatest so they got to have one. They are the hype buyers. We saw it with the EcoDiesel, saw it with the JT's, and even to some degree with the JL when it was released. It temporarily drives up the prices in some locations but after this initial demand it correct itself. Remember the $80k first JT's? Or $75k JLURD's? Now both back to normal. They also were quick with the new Supra, Corvette, Raptor, Tremor, Mach-E, Jag F-Pace, Tesla 3, Audi RS line, BMW M line, and likely Bronco. Anything that has a lot of hype around it as they crave the attention having one brings - the sad thing is many don't even like what they bought; it is just for that attention they are so desperate to have.

These same "gotta be first" then leads to the desire to build the "biggest and baddest" of whatever that new model is. But the problem is because they are not really deeply aware of what they are doing - the spending money without brains part - often bad choices are made.

The good news is when the next fad or hype comes along they will move on to keep the attention and it means a deal for someone to pickup what is no longer of interest to them.

Not just vehicles are in this, can be fashion, pets, jewelry, house locations, etc, etc. See it a lot with boats too.
John, I knew what you meant with your comment above. There are many that add/mod not knowing details or doing any research. Sam @SSWIM doesn’t appear to be one of them. I didn’t take it as bitter :)
I also totally agree with this post...
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
John, I knew what you meant with your comment above. There are many that add/mod not knowing details or doing any research. Sam @SSWIM doesn’t appear to be one of them. I didn’t take it as bitter :)
I also totally agree with this post...
Correct! And as someone with a 392 arriving in the next couple weeks I am watching eagerly to help decide if it's worth making the jump or not. ;)

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Ocean, I will preface by saying no offence was taken by your original post regarding the 3.0s. That's why I said in the following post, "sorry for the previous post".

Regarding the 3.0s vs. the 2.5s. Absolutely the 2.5s work great. A good set up is paramount and the 2.5s are all that is needed for nearly any off road one is going to throw at the Jeep. They would work great for me, I just figured what the heck I already spent too much why stop now. LOL

I really hope this one doesn't escalate like my JK did. Probably why I kept it. No reason to cannibalize another Jeep. Especially one which drives realllllllly good.

Sam

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Can someone show me some decent jack mounting locations that maybe I have missed in my search on them. I know, that's kind of a lazy way out. I ordered the Terra Flex rear jack mount, but it does not fit with the tailgate reinforcement kit that Mopar puts on the Jeep. I know I could get an LOD or similar bumper and incorporate the jack and other things ie. shovel etc., but I am cheap (I know cheap and 392 do not belong in the same sentence lol) and would like to keep the stock bumper.

Thanks
Sam

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Correct! And as someone with a 392 arriving in the next couple weeks I am watching eagerly to help decide if it's worth making the jump or not. ;)

Well, for whatever it's worth, I apologize if my comments escalated the sense of "bitterness".

I think what leads me to take offense to the "more money than sense" comments is not just their prevalence, it's also that it is typically not true. Of course there are legitimate examples of it, but it's a stereotype, or label that get's thrown at nearly anyone who buys nearly anything that's expensive, especially if they didn't already own one.

I do understand the criticism of people who buy something simply for the purpose of being the "first" to own one, but I don't really share your disdain for people who want the "latest and greatest" as that doesn't inherently make them unworthy of purchasing a particular vehicle or product.

Nevertheless, I agree that your criticism fits, IF they do not do their due diligence as to whether they are even purchasing the right product for what they need/want.

I suppose anyone who reads any of my endless comments and questions can tell you that I don't fall into that category though, as I pretty much always do my do diligence before buying something, and probably to a fault. It's more likely to take me forever to even decide to purchase something that I am looking at, due to my typical "analysis paralysis". :(

Anyway, no hard feelings. And I just want to add that in my opinion, the hardest part of your decision to make the jump to a new 392 or not, is going to be choosing to walk away from that gorgeous Blue. ;) I absolutely love that color, and I genuinely wish it would have still been available when I ordered mine.

Best of luck,
-Rob

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Well, for whatever it's worth, I apologize if my comments escalated the sense of "bitterness".

I think what leads me to take offense to the "more money than sense" comments is not just their prevalence, it's also that it is typically not true. Of course there are legitimate examples of it, but it's a stereotype, or label that get's thrown at nearly anyone who buys nearly anything that's expensive, especially if they didn't already own one.

I do understand the criticism of people who buy something simply for the purpose of being the "first" to own one, but I don't really share your disdain for people who want the "latest and greatest" as that doesn't inherently make them unworthy of purchasing a particular vehicle or product.

Nevertheless, I agree that your criticism fits, IF they do not do their due diligence as to whether they are even purchasing the right product for what they need/want.

I suppose anyone who reads any of my endless comments and questions can tell you that I don't fall into that category though, as I pretty much always do my do diligence before buying something, and probably to a fault. It's more likely to take me forever to even decide to purchase something that I am looking at, due to my typical "analysis paralysis". :(

Anyway, no hard feelings. And I just want to add that in my opinion, the hardest part of your decision to make the jump to a new 392 or not, is going to be choosing to walk away from that gorgeous Blue. ;) I absolutely love that color, and I genuinely wish it would have still been available when I ordered mine.

Best of luck,
-Rob
No hard feelings, I was being a bit of an ass as stuck in my own indecisiveness.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome dead pedal. Was it hard to install? I suck at DIY mods unfortunately
It’s a very easy thing to do. Deep socket to take out the nut in the firewall there and place it back after you put the dead pedal there. Much easier than the side mounted ones.

Got from Hooke Road on Amazon for $29 but there’s a bunch of similar ones.

OP
OP
pnut

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Installed my armor lite flooring system!
Jeep Wrangler JL What modifications are you planning for your 392? A107D472-0890-4758-B16B-F8A69442D3A8
Jeep Wrangler JL What modifications are you planning for your 392? A107D472-0890-4758-B16B-F8A69442D3A8
How do you like the floor?

How is the noise level compared to carpet?

Was the install straight forward, and is the fit perfect?

And what about marking the floor with dirty shoes? In all the pics I see the floor is nice and clean, but I suspect with even a single step of a shoe the nice black will look scuffed and dirty until you wipe it clean.

It's very expensive, but will prevent the sand from building up in my carpet (dune running).

aggiechris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 392
How do you like the floor?

How is the noise level compared to carpet?

Was the install straight forward, and is the fit perfect?

And what about marking the floor with dirty shoes? In all the pics I see the floor is nice and clean, but I suspect with even a single step of a shoe the nice black will look scuffed and dirty until you wipe it clean.

It's very expensive, but will prevent the sand from building up in my carpet (dune running).
So far I really like it. Install is a bit of a pain to make sure everything lines up. As for noise not much, maybe a little less road noise, not super noticeable. The material is super durable. The Mopar mats scratch really easily, these so far have not. My mopar mats had about 100 miles and already had some scratches. I’d def do again. I do wish they extended further back under the back seat and had a option for the rear.
Sponsored