Sponsored

What modifications are you planning for your 392?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
On to another positive post. Sorry for my post above.

Today’s adventure.
89D39CA1-A143-4DE7-AD77-06A3899E5B13.jpeg
CF33EB0C-9AEF-4DDD-84DC-849648EAF95E.jpeg

Threw the Bestop sunrider I had on and took it to the hills again. Really is a fun ride.
Sam
Man, that thing looks better with each new post.

As for your response to his comments in your previous post, those kinds of stereotypical comments/insults are as common as they are tiresome, and petty as hell.

No need to apologize on your part either, we all love a good mic drop. ;)
Sponsored

frankorego

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR Hard Rock (sold) 2021 JLUR 392
Occupation
Manager
Probably ought to not lump all 392 owners in that lil phrase Ocean. I have a little shock experience. These can be tuned to work just fine. Plus I get them at a very favorable price. Sure they may be overkill, but so is the 392. 😎😉. A little pic of my Class 1 car.
A7CCB13E-A59F-4949-8085-B3D40B47258C.png

Thanks for the concern though.

Sam
A favorable price you say??? How can one of your "Friends" get such a favorable price for the same shocks that they have been contemplating for their 392?:fingerscrossed:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Probably ought to not lump all 392 owners in that lil phrase Ocean. I have a little shock experience. These can be tuned to work just fine. Plus I get them at a very favorable price. Sure they may be overkill, but so is the 392. 😎😉. A little pic of my Class 1 car.
A7CCB13E-A59F-4949-8085-B3D40B47258C.png

Thanks for the concern though.

Sam
I said many. Glad you are one of a few who will use it as intended ;)

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
A favorable price you say??? How can one of your "Friends" get such a favorable price for the same shocks that they have been contemplating for their 392?:fingerscrossed:

It would kind of "limit" my "perks" if I were to pass on the "favors" if you know what I mean.

Sam

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
After wheeling the 392 a bit I am really tempted to throw some 40"s at it. I have a set I had on my JK. I really think this thing would do well. The 37"s are a non issue IMO.

Sam

Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
After wheeling the 392 a bit I am really tempted to throw some 40"s at it. I have a set I had on my JK. I really think this thing would do well. The 37"s are a non issue IMO.

Sam
Do you have your eye on a specific lift? I'd like to see what Off Road Evolution/EVO comes up with for this rig.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Do you have your eye on a specific lift? I'd like to see what Off Road Evolution/EVO comes up with for this rig.
At this time no. I am really happy with it right now. It "binds" up well and works really well for what I am going to use it for. Any real hardcore wheeling will be with my JK. I really do not feel like bashing the snot out of the 392. San Juan trips and other outings around Co. and Utah will be it's calling. Basically your "Sunday" driver. LOL It is really enjoyable to drive around.

Of course that could take a detour at anytime, but at the present I am not going too crazy. HAHA

Sam

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this time no. I am really happy with it right now. It "binds" up well and works really well for what I am going to use it for. Any real hardcore wheeling will be with my JK. I really do not feel like bashing the snot out of the 392. San Juan trips and other outings around Co. and Utah will be it's calling. Basically your "Sunday" driver. LOL It is really enjoyable to drive around.

Of course that could take a detour at anytime, but at the present I am not going too crazy. HAHA

Sam
You mentioned maybe going to 40's. Will you use spacers instead of adding a lift?

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
You mentioned maybe going to 40's. Will you use spacers instead of adding a lift?

Already have the Superlift 2.5 spacer kit. It has plenty of room. I am really pleased with it. Still rides great and very simple mod. Alignment is dead on. The 40s are probably a little optimistic but I have a set so it wont be hard to check.

Sam

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I said many. Glad you are one of a few who will use it as intended ;)
It’s intended to sell. I don’t understand the fixation on how others spend their money 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Already have the Superlift 2.5 spacer kit. It has plenty of room. I am really pleased with it. Still rides great and very simple mod. Alignment is dead on. The 40s are probably a little optimistic but I have a set so it wont be hard to check.

Sam
Ahhh...I see!

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I know he answered your question but the 3.0's can be tuned to ride better in the streets AND off-road where you can go fast or crawl.
It's not just buying the most expensive stuff as the bitter user states.
I am generally curious that’s why I ask the question. Curious if 3.0s were better than 2.5s for intended use (street/trails), especially for the uplift in cost.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I am generally curious that’s why I ask the question. Curious if 3.0s were better than 2.5s for intended use (street/trails), especially for the uplift in cost.
I guess I am the bitter user......

I have Fox 2.5's tuned by AccuTune and even then they are a bit harsh on the streets. They work great off road which makes up for that so no big deal.

The point I was trying to make is we always see this when a new model of Jeep comes along. You have the guys who truly enjoy them which is great. We have a couple of those on here and it's neat to watch them find the limits and figure out what works and what doesn't. They are the trailblazers - literally - and I really appreciate them doing what they do. On the JL it was guys like Kevin from LiteBrite, and Pony Boy from the forum that shall not be mentioned who were the early ones, as well as countless others not so well publicized.

Then you have those who would never have bought a Jeep except somehow heard about the latest and greatest so they got to have one. They are the hype buyers. We saw it with the EcoDiesel, saw it with the JT's, and even to some degree with the JL when it was released. It temporarily drives up the prices in some locations but after this initial demand it corrects itself. Remember the $80k first JT's? Or $75k JLURD's? Now both back to normal. They also were quick with the new Supra, Corvette, Raptor, Tremor, Mach-E, Jag F-Pace, Tesla 3, Audi RS line, BMW M line, and likely Bronco. Anything that has a lot of hype around it as they crave the attention having one brings - the sad thing is many don't even like what they bought; it is just for that attention they are so desperate to have.

These same "gotta be first" then leads to the desire to build the "biggest and baddest" of whatever that new model is. But the problem is because they are not really deeply aware of what they are doing - the spending money without brains part - often bad choices are made.

The good news is when the next fad or hype comes along they will move on to keep the attention and it means a deal for someone to pickup what is no longer of interest to them.

Not just vehicles are in this, can be fashion, pets, jewelry, house locations, etc, etc. See it a lot with boats too.

Last edited:

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
The 3.0's will do everything the 2.5's do and do it better. What the 3.0's offer on top of the 2.5's is much better fast off-road like desert stuff. This is all provided everything is setup properly and tuned.
Sponsored