Sponsored

What modifications are you planning for your 392?

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I've spent some time away from the forums, and now I'm back at it because of the 392. So I suppose this is kind of a re-introduction post. I've been waiting for a Jeep with a V8 from the factory for years, happy to finally have the opportunity to buy one.

I'm curious to hear what others are going to do to theirs. Being it is highly capable and optioned, I wonder if that will mean less modifications.

For me, I'm driving it right from the dealer to my garage:

37x 12.50 x 17's Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17x9 wheels
Full satin wrap (I will post pics after I do it, I don't want to spoil the surprise on what color I choose, but it will be tasteful)
Amp power steps
Mopar or Maximus 3 front bumper hoop
Mopar or Rigid round lights on the hoop
Rigid LED driving lights in place of fogs
Seat covers probably Wet Okole (I don't like leather)
Tint front windows
Some kind of nice looking tail light covers probably Rugged ridge.

Here is a pic of my 5.7 Hemi JK which is being replaced.

Jeep Wrangler JL What modifications are you planning for your 392? JP1
Sponsored

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
Transfer the wheels from my 2021 Rubicon
Fab Fours front and rear bumpers
Rugged Ridge tail gate hinge and tire carrier
Rock Engineering electric slide steps
Teraflop RT2 Lift with Falcon 3.5 aDapt shocks (if it all fits)
KC Slimlights on the cowl or bumper
Possibly paint the dash panels firecracker red

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
IF I had that kind of money...

Half Doors,
37x12.5R17 Goodyear MT/R,
12,000 lb Warn Winch.
probably change out the spare tire carrier if the tires are too big...

Otherwise the 392 would come with everything I would really want in a Jeep.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Dynatrac XD60's, 5.13's and a real transfer case šŸ˜

Sponsored

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Full satin wrap (I will post pics after I do it, I don't want to spoil the surprise on what color I choose, but it will be tasteful)
What's your thoughts on a satin wrap? I love the look but hear that scratches show up easier. I plan to wrap mine too and would love to go with satin. I'll mostly be in the ozarks, so there's plenty of overgrown trails. If a gloss holds up better, I'd probably go with it.

And to answer the thread:
Order placed on a Granite Crystal 392
- Nitto Ridge Grappler 35s on Black Rhino Barstow wheels (bronze)
- Rhino backbone with Pioneer top
- iKamper Skycamp 2.0
- Warn Evo 12-S
.....and all funds are now depleted :)

I'll wait until something breaks to look into a lift and 37s

OP
OP
pnut

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I
What's your thoughts on a satin wrap? I love the look but hear that scratches show up easier. I plan to wrap mine too and would love to go with satin. I'll mostly be in the ozarks, so there's plenty of overgrown trails. If a gloss holds up better, I'd probably go with it.

And to answer the thread:
Order placed on a Granite Crystal 392
- Nitto Ridge Grappler 35s on Black Rhino Barstow wheels (bronze)
- Rhino backbone with Pioneer top
- iKamper Skycamp 2.0
- Warn Evo 12-S
.....and all funds are now depleted :)

I'll wait until something breaks to look into a lift and 37s
have been very happy with my satin wrap. I did it twice now. First one 6-7 years ago but I did not put any protection on it so it started to look weary after 5 years. Now the second wrap same color is third year this coming summer. I ceramic coat it each spring and it is holding up GREAT.

I canā€™t speak to the scratch resistance I only do street and dunes. My guess is not so good.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
35 or 37 KM2s on a wheel to be named later. Waiting to see the actual suspension.
Power steps.
Half doors as a post delivery purchase.

That will be it.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
Function first. Mine will have to be comfortable on the highway as a daily and be able to handle rocky Texas hill country trails and drive 17 hours to Moab, handle the Badge of Honor trails, and return. As well as handle the heat.

Priority 1 (Immediatly after delivery)
-37x12.5x17 K02s
-Mopar beadlocks or Teraflex Nomads only if stock rims have more than 4.5ā€ BS
-Mopar tire carrier
-Tazer JL Lite
-360deg window tint
-ventilated/messaging drivers seat cushion
-Hot Heads OEM completion kit
-Neoprene foam tape mod for freedom top
-Shorter Radio Antenna
-Armrest storage organizer tray

Priority 2 (Within a few months)
-Mopar Rock Rail Steps
-Xpel Doors/fender flairs/hood/grill
-On board Air (ARB dual vs single)
-Exoshield front window
-Metalcloak Front/rear diff/FAD skid, relocation bracket

Priority 3 (Maybe not needed)
-Suspension upgrade once aftermarket supplies suspension specific to 392 (would need specific springs and shocks for weight of V8)
-Rigid SAE Fog lights
-Mopar Warn Winch
-Best Top Sun Rider

Will skip placing anything in front of the radiator until Iā€™m confident the V8 can handle being worked in 100+ temps.

Last edited:

Laserflorida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
probably recreate my 2019 Moab look - ordered 392 same color
Fuel wheels
37 Mickey thompsons (spacer?)
Aluminum front/rear bumbers - probably RockHard but going to look at alternatives
winch
some lights
n-fab side steps
suggestions?
Jeep Wrangler JL What modifications are you planning for your 392? jeepfront

Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
My Black 392 is going to get a see through bra and go on a diet.

1. XPEL paint protection Grill, Hood, Fenders and Doors no more scratches. With the painted fenders this is a must have upgrade. I have XPEL on my 2019 Black Rubi and paint looks amazing and takes a beating. https://www.xpel.com/
2. Exoshield front windshield protection. No more rock chips and heat reduction https://www.getexoshield.com/windshield-protection-film
3. Spare tire delete. Will through the spare tire in the back when I do any hard off roading or when required to have a spare. No more big ugly spare tire blocking the view and fighting that heavy tailgate.
4. Rockhard aluminum stubby front and rear bumper. Better protection sway bar motor, rear muffler and better clearance especially bottom rear fenders departure angle.https://www.rockhard4x4.com/
5. 17x8.5Teraflex Nomad Rims 37ā€ BFG KO2ā€™s So long heavy narrow crappy offset 392 mopar rims, I never air down below 15psi so I donā€™t need those heavy beadlockā€™s. No spacers needed with the larger tire on the nomads. The 37ā€ KO2 are only 8lbs heavier then the stock 33ā€ KO2ā€™s that are standard on the 392, the lightest 37ā€ tire on the market.

i donā€™t plan on running a winch with this build all my jeeping buddies run winches so if I need help what are friends for anyway.

250lbs weight reduction so far, less stress on those axles/ujoints also might gain a little height with thos aluminum bumpers spare tire delet. Iā€™m buying this 392 for the torque but also honestly for the speed donā€™t want to slow it down with a lot of excess weight.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
Well said.. like where youā€™re going with this. Especially the Xpel (I live 5 minutes from the Xpel HQ in San Antonio) and Nomads. Iā€™m 100% on board with the 37 KO2s but the one detail holding me back from the Nomads is the red nobs. Any suggestions on how to get them the same bronze color as the trim on the 392?

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Like the OP, I've been off forums for nearly a decade and am catching up on all the great stuff out there for JLs. I'm looking at 37" tires but need to look deeper into KO2 vs KO3's. I've had enough of my MTR's on my JK and am ready to go back to BFG. I'm still deciding on whether I do the Teraflex Nomads or Black Rhino Arsenal wheels. Those throwback center hubs on the Warn wheels look slick too. A winch will be added as well as LOD Signature series sliders. I think I'm going to hold on new bumpers until I decide on tire carrier versus a HD door hinge.

It's like a game of chess and having to think 10 moves ahead of how I ultimately see this Jeep ending. It took 10 years to get my JK exactly how I want it and I did pretty well avoiding redundant/overlapping mods.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Well said.. like where youā€™re going with this. Especially the Xpel (I live 5 minutes from the Xpel HQ in San Antonio) and Nomads. Iā€™m 100% on board with the 37 KO2s but the one detail holding me back from the Nomads is the red nobs. Any suggestions on how to get them the same bronze color as the trim on the 392?
I guess you could get them powdered coated bronze but I will probably just live with the red for the time being. I have been running on the nomads for over a year on my 19 Rubi never had a problem they balance well and 13 15 psi never throws bead. Plus the automatic deflator nobs and rash rings work great.

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
My Black 392 is going to get a see through bra and go on a diet.

1. XPEL paint protection Grill, Hood, Fenders and Doors no more scratches. With the painted fenders this is a must have upgrade. I have XPEL on my 2019 Black Rubi and paint looks amazing and takes a beating. https://www.xpel.com/
2. Exoshield front windshield protection. No more rock chips and heat reduction https://www.getexoshield.com/windshield-protection-film
3. Spare tire delete. Will through the spare tire in the back when I do any hard off roading or when required to have a spare. No more big ugly spare tire blocking the view and fighting that heavy tailgate.
4. Rockhard aluminum stubby front and rear bumper. Better protection sway bar motor, rear muffler and better clearance especially bottom rear fenders departure angle.https://www.rockhard4x4.com/
5. 17x8.5Teraflex Nomad Rims 37ā€ BFG KO2ā€™s So long heavy narrow crappy offset 392 mopar rims, I never air down below 15psi so I donā€™t need those heavy beadlockā€™s. No spacers needed with the larger tire on the nomads. The 37ā€ KO2 are only 8lbs heavier then the stock 33ā€ KO2ā€™s that are standard on the 392, the lightest 37ā€ tire on the market.

i donā€™t plan on running a winch with this build all my jeeping buddies run winches so if I need help what are friends for anyway.

250lbs weight reduction so far, less stress on those axles/ujoints also might gain a little height with thos aluminum bumpers spare tire delet. Iā€™m buying this 392 for the torque but also honestly for the speed donā€™t want to slow it down with a lot of excess weight.
Whatā€™s an approx cost for the XPEL paint protection?
Sponsored