Sponsored

What modifications are you planning for your 392?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Sweet!! Thank you. Just ordered it. Just a little body armor and I should have everything. I really want to do the Expel but 6 grand?
While being sure to keep in mind that you get what you pay, I've seen prices for PPF on the 392, (well quotes that others have gotten to be more accurate, as I haven't personally shopped for one yet), range from as low as 2 or 3, to as high as 10k, so definitely shop around if you haven't already. You can also consider just doing key, high risk areas to shave the costs a bit.

Although on a Jeep, they may all be high risk areas. ;)
Sponsored

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
37" BFG KO2 C Rated Tires. I will be driving stock tires for a couple months.

Do they actually make C rated 37” ko2s? I’ve only see D and E for sale.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Sweet!! Thank you. Just ordered it. Just a little body armor and I should have everything. I really want to do the Expel but 6 grand?
Mine goes in the 27th for XPEL full coverage. $5K. I absolutely hate rocks chips and such. Plus brush stripes are not my cup of tea. The XPEL is pricey, but the guys who do mine are treating me really well. Normally $7k. I have it on most of my vehicles and it just gives me peace of mind. Roads around here get loaded with sand and such in the winter.

Sam

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
For 6 grand it isn't worth it to me. It might be worth it to you.
That’s a tough one if I wasn’t buying the trailer for sure. But a lot of my money went into buying the trailer as well.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Mine goes in the 27th for XPEL full coverage. $5K. I absolutely hate rocks chips and such. Plus brush stripes are not my cup of tea. The XPEL is pricey, but the guys who do mine are treating me really well. Normally $7k. I have it on most of my vehicles and it just gives me peace of mind. Roads around here get loaded with sand and such in the winter.

Sam
I know I wish I could do like the doors fenders and hood/grille for like 3500.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
While being sure to keep in mind that you get what you pay, I've seen prices for PPF on the 392, (well quotes that others have gotten to be more accurate, as I haven't personally shopped for one yet), range from as low as 2 or 3, to as high as 10k, so definitely shop around if you haven't already. You can also consider just doing key, high risk areas to shave the costs a bit.

Although on a Jeep, they may all be high risk areas. ;)
Since I’m picking up the car in Scottsdale and driving it back to orange county here in California I was thinking about doing it prior to the trip across the desert. But both places seem pretty close to the same price my next option is to look locally here in Southern California to shop around

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Since I’m picking up the car in Scottsdale and driving it back to orange county here in California I was thinking about doing it prior to the trip across the desert. But both places seem pretty close to the same price my next option is to look locally here in Southern California to shop around
Yeah, I'd bet OC, and the rest of so-cal for that matter, has no shortage of installers, so maybe the abundance of competition might help find some decent pricing?

Also, just a thought, but if you're worried about rock chips on the drive home from Scottsdale, a lot of guys on the C8 forum will put track tape on the front end when they're driving home from a far away dealer, if it's before they can get their PPF installed. It's kind of like painters tape, peels right off when you get home. You're most likely to get hit from stuff flinging up from the cars in front of you on a long drive on the highway, (versus off-roading), so I'd maybe do the hood and the front fenders to protect them if you decided to go that route. Probably your mirrors and windshield frame too. Also, (again, if you go that route), you can probably do the grill and other stuff on the front with it as well, just be cautious to not leave much "overhang" anywhere that might mess with airflow through the grill/radiator. Don't want to cook that brand new Hemi on it's maiden voyage! 😄

Anyway, just trying to help. But either way, best of luck with whatever you choose!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yeah, I'd bet OC, and the rest of so-cal for that matter, has no shortage of installers, so maybe the abundance of competition might help find some decent pricing?

Also, just a thought, but if you're worried about rock chips on the drive home from Scottsdale, a lot of guys on the C8 forum will put track tape on the front end when they're driving home from a far away dealer, if it's before they can get their PPF installed. It's kind of like painters tape, peels right off when you get home. You're most likely to get hit from stuff flinging up from the cars in front of you on a long drive on the highway, (versus off-roading), so I'd maybe do the hood and the front fenders to protect them if you decided to go that route. Probably your mirrors and windshield frame too. Also, (again, if you go that route), you can probably do the grill and other stuff on the front with it as well, just be cautious to not leave much "overhang" anywhere that might mess with airflow through the grill/radiator. Don't want to cook that brand new Hemi on it's maiden voyage! 😄

Anyway, just trying to help. But either way, best of luck with whatever you choose!
No I always appreciate all and any feedback. I know I’d be furious to chip it on the first day. So I need to look seriously at protecting it.

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my list as of today. If anyone can chime in and let me know if I am missing any necessary parts or have suggestions. My estimate ship date is July 31st and I would like to have everything ready to go by the time I pick up my 392.

Ordered
  • Interior
    • Authentic Mopar Grab Handles Front & Rear Pair
    • Authentic Mopar Door Sill Guards 4 Door Stainless Steel
    • Seat Cushion for Road Trips
    • Ram Mounting System for Phone & iPad
    • All Weather Floor Mats
  • Exterior
    • Stubby Antenna by Antenna X
    • Fender Vent Blackout Decal with Gold by Pixel Decals
    • Will be removing the Wrangler decal sticker
  • Lighting
    • Authentic Mopar LED Off-Road Light Mounting Bracket Winch Guard
    • Baja Designs LP6 Pro Driving/Combo LED Light Combo
    • Baja Designs LP9/LP6 Pro Wiring Harness
    • Authentic Mopar Mounting Bracket Lower A-Pillar
    • Baja Designs Squadron Pro Amber Wide Cornering LED Combo
  • Front Bumper
    • Authentic Mopar Winch & Grille Guard
    • ZEON 12-S WINCH
    • Warn Hawse Fairlead Black
    • JL WINCH MOUNT KIT by Maximus-3
    • JL FILLER TRIM PLATES – ZEON & EVO by Maximus-3
    • JL WINCH HOOK ANCHOR by Maximus-3
Waiting to Order
  • ARB Twin Compressor
  • Mountain Off-Road Compressor Mount. Seeing if AAL finishes their 392 mount anytime soon.
  • Expel Protective Film. Getting estimates around $6,000.00. More than I want to spend for paint protection right now.
  • Spare relocation by Rough Country. Not needed until tire upgraded.
  • 37" BFG KO2 C Rated Tires. I will be driving stock tires for a couple months.
Undecided
  • Cargo Shelf by AAL. I have a Turtleback Getaway trailer being built. Might not need this.
  • Tazor Mini or AEV for software.
  • Better side steps/rock rails.
  • Trunk lighting by Oracle Lighting.
  • Headliner by Hot Heads.
  • Mopar stitched leather dash. Waiting to see it installed in some else's 392.
Great list man! Our want list is similar. I built a 2019 JL that I traded for my 392, so I am doing a few things differently this time.

Sponsored

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
Great list man! Our want list is similar. I built a 2019 JL that I traded for my 392, so I am doing a few things differently this time.
Just brought mine home today and the mods will begin soon.
ive already ordered amp XL steps, wicked off road wheels and 35’ Goodyear tires.
my wife is proud of me already….NOT!

0722C88C-290D-42AD-8473-F3DD83AF05C5.jpeg

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s coming together. So far:
- 315 ko2
- KC Slimline led a pillar
- Warn medium bull bar
- Diode Dynamics ss3 fogs
- Tuffy trunk security box
- Thule roof rack
- Thule fiahing rod vault
- Yakima roof basket
- Tazer Mini

Installing soon:
- Colorado custom wind fairing
- LUX rock lights (white)

I think that’s it so far. Lol. 650 miles and counting!

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s coming together. So far:
- 315 ko2
- KC Slimline led a pillar
- Warn medium bull bar
- Diode Dynamics ss3 fogs
- Tuffy trunk security box
- Thule roof rack
- Thule fiahing rod vault
- Yakima roof basket
- Tazer Mini

Installing soon:
- Colorado custom wind fairing
- LUX rock lights (white)

I think that’s it so far. Lol. 650 miles and counting!
928B86DC-8766-4A5A-A2E5-D57B4ABFC812.jpeg

AF296E21-3387-4CF2-85D6-72B79D9F60F3.jpeg

EA069CAE-0AD3-4002-9FC5-E2C4317EFFEC.jpeg

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Thanks brother. I really understand this Jeep addiction thing a lot better now LOL. I just bought my wife her first wrangler in November 2020 and I seem to have caught the bug as you can tell. I’m really enjoying it so far.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just brought mine home today and the mods will begin soon.
ive already ordered amp XL steps, wicked off road wheels and 35’ Goodyear tires.
my wife is proud of me already….NOT!

Jeep Wrangler JL What modifications are you planning for your 392? EA069CAE-0AD3-4002-9FC5-E2C4317EFFEC
She’s a beauty. Is that stingray?
Sponsored