Sponsored

What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!!

farris2003

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S Soft Top 6-Speed, 2015 VW Jetta TDI SEL
Your thread title doesn't specify Jeep. So, my favorite "mod" is my wife's pierced nipples. And my friends, that is the best modification I've ever seen. A close second though, is the customized Grateful Dead grille insert from Under The Sun Inserts. I was going to post pictures of both of my favorite modifications, but I couldn't quickly find the former.

upload_2019-5-17_18-39-58.png
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase the Sahara type silver inserts for the grille? I have the Sport S as well and have been looking for this! Thanks!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
........" frowned upon in car circles " ? ! Give me a break ! Who cares what stickers someone wants to put on their Jeep. If someones panties are in a bunch over a phony Rubicon decal , they need to get a life !
Start watching @1:50

There is absolute nothing wrong with customizing your vehicle's appearance, but up-badging is a little different.

Last edited:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Start watching @1:50

There is absolute nothing wrong with customizing your vehicle's appearance, but up-badging is a little different.
Im sorry but I just dont see any reason to care about this. How does someone "up-badging" have any effect on anyone ? Why on earth would anybody care ? If I came outside one morning and someone had put a Rubicon decal on my Jeep overnight , I would be upset but to put it on ones own Jeep , I am totally ambivalent. I suggest letting this go and breathing deeply. Keep it light.:turkey:

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase the Sahara type silver inserts for the grille? I have the Sport S as well and have been looking for this! Thanks!
I actually didn't replace those at all, they came with the vehicle. Is it maybe standard for the Sahara? I don't recall needing to hit an upgrade or anything.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Arterius2 did make a good point a couple pages back. Most sheep in the flock don't ever fully know what they're looking at, but the enthusiasts do. And this, my friends, is the watering hole for JL Wrangler enthusiasts.

This place thrives because most of the people in our personal lives are sick of hearing about it. While their eyes just glaze over, you all remain insatiable for more pics and parts lists. We fail to notice that we don't get dinner invitations as often (we're known to inevitably work the dreaded jeep into conversation), but that planned road trip to help a forum buddy install a lift and eat pizza with dirty hands will be on the top of our minds.

If one is to go so far as to post a pic on a forum, and they're not just trying to diagnose a problem, they are an enthusiast. If one is to install angry eyes, eyelashes, enough light bars to further brighten the moon, 20 something wheels, or a shovel that'll never see dirt that's their human right to express themselves. Their money and their ass in the seat, and I'll agree that there's a bit too much of the "i wouldn't nor should you" mentality. Although, ribbing-all-in-good-fun never gets old.

Point is, individuality is what keeps things fun and inspiring. Whether in taste or lacking even a shred of it, its all good and worthy of an extra cookie after dinner. But certain lines shouldn't be crossed in the modding of any vehicle, assuming you want to be taken serious. If your goal is to fool fools, have fun with that.

Enough from my soap box and i'll quietly exit stage left now. Have an awesome Labor Day weekend fellow jeepers!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They are a styling standard specific to the Sahara model along with the silver bezels around the fog lights. Like the red tow hooks only found on Rubicons.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I would have to say my orginal, 100% genuine, 1964 Esso Tiger Tail. It has hung in EVERY auto/truck/Jeep I have ever owned.

It is an original, not a knock off. Esso in 1964 gave them out and your were supposed to hand them off your filler cap so it looked like you "had a tiger in your tank." I never did because I figure it would get stolen in like 3 seconds, so I always hung it on the passenger side, usually off the air vent or grab handle.

Makes for some interesting conversations!

IMG_0860.JPG

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
Arterius2 did make a good point a couple pages back. Most sheep in the flock don't ever fully know what they're looking at, but the enthusiasts do. And this, my friends, is the watering hole for JL Wrangler enthusiasts.

This place thrives because most of the people in our personal lives are sick of hearing about it. While their eyes just glaze over, you all remain insatiable for more pics and parts lists. We fail to notice that we don't get dinner invitations as often (we're known to inevitably work the dreaded jeep into conversation), but that planned road trip to help a forum buddy install a lift and eat pizza with dirty hands will be on the top of our minds.

If one is to go so far as to post a pic on a forum, and they're not just trying to diagnose a problem, they are an enthusiast. If one is to install angry eyes, eyelashes, enough light bars to further brighten the moon, 20 something wheels, or a shovel that'll never see dirt that's their human right to express themselves. Their money and their ass in the seat, and I'll agree that there's a bit too much of the "i wouldn't nor should you" mentality. Although, ribbing-all-in-good-fun never gets old.

Point is, individuality is what keeps things fun and inspiring. Whether in taste or lacking even a shred of it, its all good and worthy of an extra cookie after dinner. But certain lines shouldn't be crossed in the modding of any vehicle, assuming you want to be taken serious. If your goal is to fool fools, have fun with that.

Enough from my soap box and i'll quietly exit stage left now. Have an awesome Labor Day weekend fellow jeepers!
I agree... except for angry eyes. I know I shouldn’t feel this way, and we should all respect the individuality of each owner/vehicle, buuuut.... angry eyes in a wrangler is putting a cheese hat on the head of a Viking fan, putting Cindy Crawford’s face on Chris Farley’s body, Or putting cranberry sauce on top of a banana split.... doesn’t belong, makes it look worse, and changes the main distinguishing factor that made it so great.

Sponsored

DanF

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Black Bear, 2020 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue (on order)
My buddy bought a 2020 Rubicon in Ocean Blue a month ago. I just got a 2020 JLU Sahara also in Ocean Blue. I really like the Rubicon badge/sticker on his hood. I thought the red outline of the Rubicon sticker looked great on the Ocean Blue. So when I ordered my Sahara, I knew there would be NO Wrangler sticker on the hood...so I found one online, ordered it, put it on, and I think it looks great. I ordered it from Amazon for $15.95... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077H43BRH/

w-kd8Jmm6dcoBk-VUa2hzXfRhxPxS_9Vk1oCwqBOTsCC78WG3cgO4NQOlB2MCwh6Ax8-AeA8herXRnRFg=w1436-h1077-no.jpg
Sponsored