Sponsored

What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Share a pic or two of your build (no matter how far along) and highlight your favorite mod/upgrade! Mine was a dead heat between my front bumper and tubular doors, but now I'm partial to my (almost) 35's (they were installed today!).

P.s. Feel free to provide a list of all your upgrades/mods! Mine is included below :D

~2018 JLU Sport S~
-Barricade full-width front bumper w/ LED fog lights
-Sundown mesh grille insert
-Silver grille/headlight inserts (Sahara style)
-Smittybuilt X20 10,000 lb Winch
Smittybuilt hitch receiver
-Hella 6" round auxiliary lights
-Red Rock 4x4 side armor/steps
Mopar fuel door upgrade (custom painted)
Mopar grab handles front/rear
Rough Country dashboard phone mount
-DV8 full-width rear bumper w/ integrated LED backup lights
-DV8 tail light guards
-EGA tubular doors front/rear
-Bikini style full length sunshade
-Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift w/N3 shocks (was actually 3" of lift front/rear)
-ProComp extreme alloy series wheels 17x9
-Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 hybrid tires (315/70R17)
Tough guard hood deflector (pending install)

Cheers!

IMG_20190517_1548395~2.jpg
I’d have to say my favorite mod is my Mopar locker wiring harnesses that I installed almost immediately. Wired my lockers to aux switches 3 & 4 so I can use them in 2wd, 4 hi & 4 lo and at any speed. I also have the tazer mini that allows you to do this as well, but it’s not as instantaneous.

- 2018 Rubicon, granite crystal metallic
- Mopar lift shocks and springs that I got 3.5 inch of lift out of.
- Rk adjustable control arms (all eight)
- Rk adjustable track bars
- Rk spring isolators
- Rk 3/4 inch coil spring spacers in front
- Adams front driveshaft
- Rcv front one piece axle
- LOD destroyer stubby front bumper and skid plate
- Quadratec stealth 10,000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
- Poison spyder fairlead
- Artec rear inner fenders
- Dirty Life Bead-lock wheels 17x9 -12 offset/ 4.5” backspace
- nitto ridge grapplers 37/12.50/ 17 tires
- tazer jl mini
- more to come, just letting the credit card cool off a little.....:)

40A8E5F4-D35A-4612-83D6-4401C2594D0F.jpeg
A597A878-5080-411E-B16C-1706EEA9227F.jpeg
3DB16A96-5DC9-4D53-9453-581A3DF45DFA.jpeg
4E0B65FF-71A0-4F6F-9178-7EF6C431E2E1.jpeg
1ABBE743-642E-49C5-96B7-53343B24E2D4.jpeg

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Thanks buddy!

There is a USMC Flag you can’t really see on the back left pillar. But from the spare that is the @AlienSunshade Exterior Trail Bag.

I love the Mopar Tailgate Table. It’s one of my most used Mods at the beach. It takes up literally (0) space and is very sturdy. It works perfectly with the JLU and I think it’s because it’s OEM. I’ve put stickers all over it over time from the items I’ve purchased that have come with them for the Jeep so it looks pretty cool now too haha
Semper Fi brother! This July makes 13 yrs active duty for me. Yut!

Dude what a cool idea! I haven't thrown out my stickers thinking I may still find a use for them. May have to copy that if I get it. Reminds me of the patches people collect and put on those parachute bags and/or sea bags..

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I’d have to say my favorite mod is my Mopar locker wiring harnesses that I installed almost immediately. Wired my lockers to aux switches 3 & 4 so I can use them in 2wd, 4 hi & 4 lo and at any speed. I also have the tazer mini that allows you to do this as well, but it’s not as instantaneous.

- 2018 Rubicon, granite crystal metallic
- Mopar lift shocks and springs that I got 3.5 inch of lift out of.
- Rk adjustable control arms (all eight)
- Rk adjustable track bars
- Rk spring isolators
- Rk 3/4 inch coil spring spacers in front
- Adams front driveshaft
- Rcv front one piece axle
- LOD destroyer stubby front bumper and skid plate
- Quadratec stealth 10,000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
- Poison spyder fairlead
- Artec rear inner fenders
- Dirty Life Bead-lock wheels 17x9 -12 offset/ 4.5” backspace
- nitto ridge grapplers 37/12.50/ 17 tires
- tazer jl mini
- more to come, just letting the credit card cool off a little.....:)

40A8E5F4-D35A-4612-83D6-4401C2594D0F.jpeg
A597A878-5080-411E-B16C-1706EEA9227F.jpeg
3DB16A96-5DC9-4D53-9453-581A3DF45DFA.jpeg
4E0B65FF-71A0-4F6F-9178-7EF6C431E2E1.jpeg
1ABBE743-642E-49C5-96B7-53343B24E2D4.jpeg
Dang you've got some serious hardware man! I'm reading your list thinking man I gotta get serious about my mechanical stuff lol I've been kind of dragging my feet while I made up my mind about tires/wheels... speaking of, those wheels look amazing, they kinda remind me of the Mopar ones at first glance. Good work brother!

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Dang you've got some serious hardware man! I'm reading your list thinking man I gotta get serious about my mechanical stuff lol I've been kind of dragging my feet while I made up my mind about tires/wheels... speaking of, those wheels look amazing, they kinda remind me of the Mopar ones at first glance. Good work brother!
Thank you!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Brother you already know I have some black JL envy going on with your build from previous! I think yours looks so good and I'm still jelly of those RSE skins! Every day I'm closer to pulling the trigger on those... btw, talked to my local tint shop about the 3M protection film and they basically said good luck finding it lol guess I need to search near a bigger city :/
yes not too likely in a small town, also check detail shops, ask your jeep dealer if they have a installer to recommend. I wold bet a larger city like Charlotte would have 10-20 shops that install

you will probably find more detail shops that do it vs tinting shops

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
yes not too likely in a small town, also check detail shops, ask your jeep dealer if they have a installer to recommend. I wold bet a larger city like Charlotte would have 10-20 shops that install

you will probably find more detail shops that do it vs tinting shops
Good info, thanks for the recommendation!! Only thing that socks about not getting it done in a small town is less possibility of getting a 'friend' price' but I'm holding out hope it won't break the bank completely. I've still got soooo many mods on my list! But definitely prioritizing this one because faded/worn paint is something that's been on my mind from day one, so I'm really keen on doing this before I really am broke!

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Love that pumpkin color brother, you must turn heads everywhere you go! You've don't a great job, ride looks very clean yet still rugged. Btw I'm surprised you didn't mention that Mopar A pillar bracket for the lights, that looks sweet! At the same time, I'm over hear remembering all the random things I forgot to list haha anyway I am so much more likely to pick up those brackets after seeing them on yours... do you think you'll add any more lights to the side mounts?
Not sure if I will add more Led lights or not. I have a 20 inch light bar that I had mounted on the front bull bar but I did not like the look. But thanks for the likes. The Punk n color does look nice. Still need a rear bumper and I have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement but I have not put it on.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Favorite mod would have to be cutting the stinger bar down and rewelding it into a bull bar. Ran the stinger on my Jk for 4 years so was time for a change on the JL

44967867_10156728267894161_2574234407439171584_o.jpg

59776031_10161897501205515_3408266148075012096_o.jpg

Sponsored

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Heck yeah, another black Jeep! I knew they were out there haha but great job on the tires/wheels brother! I see those highlighted quite a bit on install videos...
Thanks man. I was thinking of putting red door step pegs all around but not sure since I like the all black look.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Daaaang dude what a sick build! You've dropped some serious chedda, love your gear/mod list! Your ride looks great and it sounds like you've really prioritized making her an off-road beast!! Few questions for ya: 1) what exactly is a tazer? I keep hearing about them but havent yet done a deep dive into it... 2) how do you like your Coopers, and what experience do you have with other tires to compare them to? How difficult was it to accommodate 37s with a 2" lift? Any addl mods required to make it work?
Thanks, I've tried to focus on capability while minimizing my cost to start. The Tazer is basically just a programmer that allows you to change the various parameters of the Jeeps programming. You use it to correct your speedo after larger tires, disable start/stop, but it does some other cool stuff like enables rear camera when you hit the turn signal (a big help with a large spare), enables light shows to turn your turn signals, parking lights , headlights and fogs into strobes when parked. It adds a huge list of functionality that you can see on Z Automotive's site. As for the tires, this is my first set of Coopers and so far I really like them. They were only $265 for 37x13.5s. I used to be a big BFG fan but had some bad luck with them on my JK, then switched to Nitto MT's and they were amazing. I got almost 60k on my first set. I've also ran Toyo MT's which are basically the same tire as the Nitto (as they are made in the same plant). I probably would have ran Toyo's or Nittos but at $400 a tire for 37's and the Coopers were just $265 to my door from Amazon, I had to try them. They have been great. As for the 2" lift. There is some slight rubbing on the inside of the rear liner at full flex, but so far it's not that bad and is easily correctable. It's mainly the pieces that attach to the rear bumper that rub and they are easily removable.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Good deal man. Yeah I went with round aux lights on my bar, but still looking at options for Apillar mounts to get a little more lighting in place. I found these sweet looking ones from Rigid, but just need to be sure they can accommodate other lights besides Rigid's that use a standard bracket. I haven't seen this track setup before.. What do you think, would they work for others?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/rigid-i...MIqYz2vb6l4gIVFo_ICh3C5wJHEAkYASABEgLLQPD_BwE

I looked at that bracket that is one (well two) EXPENSIVE bracket(s) I considered a dual set up but having a 30" hood hing bar and a 17" bar on the bumper I could not see the need for dual pilar/cowl mount lights and after installing the singles on each side it is more than enough light, In fact so much glare yo cannot even look at them from 50' (collectively).
Sponsored