Sponsored

What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!!

CMU JEEP MONSTER

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Business Development
Vehicle Showcase
There’s been no issue with the sill guards and door seals to date and they were my first addition after purchasing my Jeep in Aug 2018. I’ve noticed zero water, dust, or visible light intrusion around the door seals and sills so everything appears to be tight.

Just turned 21,000 miles and while I’ve not been through deep standing water, there have been some exceptional rains and moderate water I’ve driven through. I’d think if there were an issue it would have appeared at this point, especially with the additional spray created by the additional protrusion of the tires beyond the fender line when I added the wheels.

Hope this helps!!
What brand of door sill guard to you purchase? I'm looking as well, but I have read reviews of water intrusion. Thanks!
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
What brand of door sill guard to you purchase? I'm looking as well, but I have read reviews of water intrusion. Thanks!
I went with the black MOPAR guards and they’ve been great. You have to line them up with the correct seam, but if you do there should be no issues. So far so good after two years and 23,000 miles....

CMU JEEP MONSTER

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Business Development
Vehicle Showcase
After reading endless reviews (I'm a research junkie) I purchased the Quadratec door sill guards.
The coverage was great. The only issue was the guards were not a complete form fit. I had to purchase extra 3M tape to hold down each end, no biggie. The guards were $40 online. I had the Mopar sill guards, but they provided very little coverage. I hope this helps anyone looking to purchase sill guards. Have a great day! :jk::flag:

Door Guards.jpg

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Backseat clothes hanger hook...It’s the cheapest and most simple but I’m still pretty proud of it bc it is probably the only “mod” I didn’t ripoff anybody else ha. And, it is functionally used as much as anything (along with my design 67 front dash phone mount). I wear suits to work (JL is my daily driver).... Having a hook to hang my suit jacket on is worth the $8 I spent on it. Plus, my placement of the strap in the grove of the sound bar was brilliant (if I can say so myself) ha

328B4E95-CFE6-4AB3-A11E-985557B294A7.png

31A62D1A-3EB8-456E-B88E-CF229EFEC7C2.png

7FD48E5A-3D80-4797-99FD-E0E01259066D.png
I was just looking for the built in clothes hangers in the rear while at the cleaners yesterday- Nope, none. This is a good idea- thanks for sharing.

nkyjeep

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 platinum, 2021 JL RUBICON
Occupation
retired
Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! Door Guards
Not overly proud, but it’s the only one I came up with myself, and it allows me to sleep comfortably in the Jeep.
Dude you shed too much better see a doctor about that!! lol

Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
After reading endless reviews (I'm a research junkie) I purchased the Quadratec door sill guards.
The coverage was great. The only issue was the guards were not a complete form fit. I had to purchase extra 3M tape to hold down each end, no biggie. The guards were $40 online. I had the Mopar sill guards, but they provided very little coverage. I hope this helps anyone looking to purchase sill guards. Have a great day! :jk::flag:

Door Guards.jpg
My sill guards from Rugged Ridge, see the day light? Big gap. Passenger front door. Installed properly-
Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! 1621386265388

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
The mod I’m most proud of is the round rubber tubing I filled the fender gap with to keep all the darn little rocks out of.

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
The Sunrider for hardtop was my best mod so far. I like having the security of a hard top when I need it, with the ease of an open top feel.
Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! 213EEDEE-3EF5-441A-9D3E-F793EEFEE2FF

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saburu, honda, Wrangler (first one)
Your thread title doesn't specify Jeep. So, my favorite "mod" is my wife's pierced nipples. And my friends, that is the best modification I've ever seen. A close second though, is the customized Grateful Dead grille insert from Under The Sun Inserts. I was going to post pictures of both of my favorite modifications, but I couldn't quickly find the former.

Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! 213EEDEE-3EF5-441A-9D3E-F793EEFEE2FF
WOW!!! I love this!!!

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
only had it a few weeks but I knew first thing I needed to do was swap out the halogens up front.
Kiwi Master 9" halo head lights $227
OEM DRL/Turn signals $150 (forum member)
LED Fog light bulbs $17
smoke clear corners $30
loving the new look....for less than $450 bucks total

Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! tempImageytbf1D
Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! tempImageC5p9aU
Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! IMG_9491.JPG

hopefully some new shoes this Thursday ...stay tuned

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I have been working on it since i bought it in 2018. I really like the overall look with the front grumper, the fenders, the side steps, the roof rack and the tube doors...

IMG_0143.jpg

Reactions: omg

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! IMG_0143
I had this and ended up sending them back....they created a gat between the door and the sill.... I was getting cold air, water, light, and exhaust from there...this was my first mod and an epic failure.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
The Sunrider for hardtop was my best mod so far. I like having the security of a hard top when I need it, with the ease of an open top feel.
Jeep Wrangler JL What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!! IMG_0143
I don't think this top gets enough love. I have it on my JKU. I'm currently waiting / hoping for the Wrangler Mojave and will get this for it too.

By the way, I noticed in the May Order Guide - "Mopar Sunrider FlipTop For Hardtop." I'm assuming it's the same thing.

mla575

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4xe, 16 Toyota Sienna, 06 Gallardo SE
Occupation
Self Employed
The mod I’m most proud of is the round rubber tubing I filled the fender gap with to keep all the darn little rocks out of.
I'm interested in doing this. What did you use? Thanks!

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR