Sponsored

What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
kind of a dumb question but did you do the entire centerforce clutch ? if so, how many miles, how do you like it? i have a sport w a 6spd and even though i finally got used to the clutch i still hate the damn thing and am seriously considering changing mine.
There is a recall. Check to see if yours is included in the recall.
Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Darn it won't let me follow that link on my work computer, but I have seen a couple videos of that setup on youtube and it looks awesome! One thing I'd be interested to know, is how much of a pain is it to uninstall (emphasis on hard top removal). Because depending on that, I think I'd like something that stays attached to the hardtop and easily detaches with it, while still giving me the weight limit increase for the rooftop tent and what not...

If you don’t have a side ladder, it’s 8 quick bolts. You leave the roof rack “sandwich” in place, and leave the roll bar mounting brackets in place. Then just remove the top as usual.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
kind of a dumb question but did you do the entire centerforce clutch ? if so, how many miles, how do you like it? i have a sport w a 6spd and even though i finally got used to the clutch i still hate the damn thing and am seriously considering changing mine.
I had almost 30,000 miles on the stock clutch. Yes, I was used to it, and yes, I hated it every minute. I don't yet have 1000 miles on the centerforce but I cant recommend it enough. Totally eliminates the surging when trying to roll slowly through a parking lot, you can climb driveways, curbs, all sorts of things (haven't had it truly off-road yet) without having to touch the gas pedal. It's fantastic. I may have lost about 7-10% fuel economy but it's too early to tell for sure. And even if I did, well worth it.

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
I had almost 30,000 miles on the stock clutch. Yes, I was used to it, and yes, I hated it every minute. I don't yet have 1000 miles on the centerforce but I cant recommend it enough. Totally eliminates the surging when trying to roll slowly through a parking lot, you can climb driveways, curbs, all sorts of things (haven't had it truly off-road yet) without having to touch the gas pedal. It's fantastic. I may have lost about 7-10% fuel economy but it's too early to tell for sure. And even if I did, well worth it.
Awesome info. thank you. when you get a couple thousand miles on it would you mind reposting on how its doing. I saw one person saying they had issues getting it into first gear. NOt sure if they got it figured out or whatever.

Sponsored

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
There is a recall. Check to see if yours is included in the recall.
It is. I am seriously considering the Centerforce just want to see some real world opinions. Ive driven a stick all my life, and i know some aftermarket ones are a bear to deal with while others are a cake walk. i want to make sure its not the first one lol

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It is. I am seriously considering the Centerforce just want to see some real world opinions. Ive driven a stick all my life, and i know some aftermarket ones are a bear to deal with while others are a cake walk. i want to make sure its not the first one lol
I'd say go for the freebie recall first. You have nothing to loose. You can always go aftermarket after if you don't like it.

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
did you order the expensive one or the less expensive one on their site. they both appear to have the same part numbers.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
did you order the expensive one or the less expensive one on their site. they both appear to have the same part numbers.
They have two kits, one for stock to 35" tires and the other for 35"+ tires. I installed the 35"+ kit and it drives great. Better clutch feel, but could never be described as stiff or hard, still super easy

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Those look cool, where did you get them and what are they called?
That's the Mopar CAI kit with the hood vent installed. Most efficient design I have seen for the JL yet. I did see a MPG bump as well. Just makes your ass pucker when you make that first cut.

Cheapest I could find was BAM. Search for a 10% off coupon, they usually have several active.

I also made an install video of the air box and cutting the hood.

F9brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Bus Driver
Vehicle Showcase
That's the Mopar CAI kit with the hood vent installed. Most efficient design I have seen for the JL yet. I did see a MPG bump as well. Just makes your ass pucker when you make that first cut.

Cheapest I could find was BAM. Search for a 10% off coupon, they usually have several active.

Thanks for the info!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Got some pix under the hood and the intake?