Sponsored

What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!!

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have to say my favorite mod is either the Tazer or the Mopar beadlocks. Here's mine:

Suspension
Mopar 2" lift with Fox 2.5 shocks
37x13.5 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Tires on 17" Mopar Beadlocks

Armor
Artec Industries FAD Skid
Rancho Front diff skid
MetalCloak Undercloak full skid system with rear diff skid
Mopar tail gate reinforcement kit

Rusty's heavy duty spare tire mount

Lighting
Jeep factory LED package
Baja Designs LP9 Pro bumper mounted lights

Recovery
Quadratec Q10000 Competition winch (Red)
Misc.
Cobra 75Wx CB
Tazer JL
Mopar floor and cargo mats
Midland - MXT 400 GMRS radio
Dirty Dog 4x4 Cargo system

untitled%20%28285%20of%20310%29-X3.jpg
Really nice. How did you mount the lights? Directly to the bumper?
Sponsored

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Wow, those wheels truly are "insane" haha I think they are perfect for your application! Never see that raptor lined floor before, looks really cool esp. with all of your red accents! How do you like those Milestar Patagonia's? Lately I've been hearing more and more about them... Definitely need to check back once you add that tire carrier and bumper, I'd love to see them!
Thanks!

I know people here aren't big fans of 20" wheels. I was dead set on 17s until I saw 37s on a 20 in person... and that was that. :) I dig them.

The Milestars have been great. They are quiet, comfortable on road at 25 psi, and they've crawled through everything I've thrown at them (mud, and sand here in Florida).

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
the only advice for installing the RSE skins the holes are exact had to do over again you would drill the oles out just a bit to allow for adjustment, I had to fight a couple of the screws getting them in. The hole in the skis have about 1/16" play with the screw so no room for error on whole locations. I would drill them out and so you have a 1/4" play (they are aluminum so no need to repaint). the washers will cover any gaps. Also the washers they provide the whole is larger than the screw do they tend to not sit centered, I wold buy new washers that fit the screw better.

So I set two of the rivet nuts on each side then attached the shins then used a punch to set the center of each whole for drill points, then removed the rivet nuts then drilled the wholes.

This is important while most exterior metal on the wrangler is Aluminum the mounting area for these is steel, make sure you use a self etching primer on those holes. Ten when I set the rivets I used red locktite as a sealer. Again the only challenge is the alignment.

One more thing all the drill points except two you will drill through only the outer metal however two of the rivets forward of the driver door there is a second piece of metal about 3/4 inside that you will also have to drill. Just make you you set your drill points with a punch so your drill does not walk.

rocker%201_zpssph7chtj.jpg
Man I so appreciate this install tips! This will be the first real permanent mod I'm making, so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. But I feel much better knowing I'm drilling half the holes required by the DV8 alternative I was considering (though I did really like how those covered the pinch welds). Anyway, they're supposed to arrive by Friday, and I'll probably get to work on it the following weekend when I'm in town. I've also got new fenders on the way, so look out for some updated pics here soon!

**Break**

Brother, I just clicked on your profile photo looking for more pics of your skins, and saw that rear cargo cover that actually looks like a hard/stiff version..? If so, pretty please tell me where you got it and how I can find it (that is, if you recommend it) because I've been looking everywhere and all I've found so far are these overpriced floppy options :/

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
@Unix_Gawd

Heck yeah, thanks for the add'l pic of the tire carrier! DV8 is the sh**, I love the signature slotting they add to everything and how they tend to strike a very good balance between style and function. If you want to keep it going, you should look into their A pillar mounts for an above-the-windshield light bar. The slotted design of those if very distinct and would go great with everything else you have!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform with @Maximus-3 Brackets. http://www.myjlproject.com/blog/rhino-rack-roof-rack-w-maximus-3-brackets/

This allows me to do all the overland activities I plan. Installed a Batwing Awning, Can put a Roof Top Tent, cary stuffy like fence boards etc back from Home Depot etc. etc.
Darn it won't let me follow that link on my work computer, but I have seen a couple videos of that setup on youtube and it looks awesome! One thing I'd be interested to know, is how much of a pain is it to uninstall (emphasis on hard top removal). Because depending on that, I think I'd like something that stays attached to the hardtop and easily detaches with it, while still giving me the weight limit increase for the rooftop tent and what not...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Fav mod prob based on looks are the Mopar beadlocks color matched to the Mojito Paint.
Rides great on the 2" Mopar lift (Almost 3.5" real world) and the Fox shocks.
The Road OffRoad steps with the color matched roam logo add a little aggressiveness to the side look, and the wife loves them.

More coming! :jk: It never ends-

Mojito Dark Knight.jpg

RMojitoJL 702.jpg

Garage Cosmo RMojito.jpg
Wow dude, I'm so with you on the color matching you've done! It looks perfect!! You must have heads spinning over there in Vegas (which is saying something because you've got lots of competition for things attracting people's attention). How did you go about color matching those things so perfectly? I like the stylized photo too, it looks like your car is radioactive or something haha good stuff brother!

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
CCF0223F-F1FE-4FA1-9540-91DFBE89942E.jpeg
Not overly proud, but it’s the only one I came up with myself, and it allows me to sleep comfortably in the Jeep.
Hey I'm good with it brother, you do you!! Looks like you scored yourself quite a bit of extra space with that cutout, and I'm betting there are plenty of people sleeping in the JL's which would appreciate that! Don't be surprised if someone knocks this off for some mass marketing, may wanna get ahead of the curve on that and develop a business model!! Haha

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Without a doubt the metalcloak. However, My VKS Informant sliders shipped out and just plan to matte clear coat to keep the bare steel look. Welds are too nice to cover up. That might take the #1 spot once they're on.

60107978_457903974953447_3950282065823399936_n.jpg

59993301_431687657614906_6070536398555840512_n.jpg
Very very cool man, I see some metalcloak action in my future as well! Update us with a pic of those sliders when you can, I'm mighty curious to see how that bare metal works out! Sweet bumper too man, I like it a lot.

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Very very cool man, I see some metalcloak action in my future as well! Update us with a pic of those sliders when you can, I'm mighty curious to see how that bare metal works out! Sweet bumper too man, I like it a lot.
You know I get a lot of compliments on it and guess what? $250 from Rampage. Even has a integrated winch plate. I got it because it uses thicker steel than what most other are using. It's beefy. I've somewhat tried to be careful with upgrades that weren't functionally useful and tried to buy and do items that will serve me best when I get to Colorado. Those KC Flex lights on the front are awesome too by the way. Amazon messed up and listed it at the 10" price and quickly corrected it, but not before I got the alert and hit that impulse buy. 20" spot/spread combo for $490 :D

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow dude, I'm so with you on the color matching you've done! It looks perfect!! You must have heads spinning over there in Vegas (which is saying something because you've got lots of competition for things attracting people's attention). How did you go about color matching those things so perfectly? I like the stylized photo too, it looks like your car is radioactive or something haha good stuff brother!
A buddy of mine works at a local body shop, he color matched the beadlock rings and roam logo on the steps just using the paint code for Mojito. Came out well, I enjoy it. Fun driving my Mojito Tonka Jeep :jk: :clap::champagne:

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Darn it won't let me follow that link on my work computer,.
Hey if you have a chance try it again. I installed SSL Certs on my domain now so maybe it should work.

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Thanks!

I know people here aren't big fans of 20" wheels. I was dead set on 17s until I saw 37s on a 20 in person... and that was that. :) I dig them.

The Milestars have been great. They are quiet, comfortable on road at 25 psi, and they've crawled through everything I've thrown at them (mud, and sand here in Florida).
Good deal man, "be true to thine own self!" (the original "you do you" catch phrase) haha they look perfect for your ride and I have to give you credit on your color coordination. I can tell you've been very intentional and it shows!

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
You know I get a lot of compliments on it and guess what? $250 from Rampage. Even has a integrated winch plate. I got it because it uses thicker steel than what most other are using. It's beefy. I've somewhat tried to be careful with upgrades that weren't functionally useful and tried to buy and do items that will serve me best when I get to Colorado. Those KC Flex lights on the front are awesome too by the way. Amazon messed up and listed it at the 10" price and quickly corrected it, but not before I got the alert and hit that impulse buy. 20" spot/spread combo for $490 :D
That's a major score brother! I definitely don't discriminate price-wise if it's a good piece of gear or if I like it enough. That applies whether it's expensive or not! So are you preparing for something in particular in CO or just talking in general when you are hitting the Rockies? Either way, talk about a perfect place for trail riding, I'm sure!!

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hey if you have a chance try it again. I installed SSL Certs on my domain now so maybe it should work.
Tried it again, but it seems the admin-controlled web settings on my gov't computer are too fierce :/

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Reading through this thread, something struck me. So I scrolled through. Then I counted.
36 of 74 posts are by the OP!
I short of half!
That’s dedication for sure!
Maybe you should change your handle to marriedtomythread!
No harm meant. Just playing.
Sponsored