Sponsored

What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Im 1989 was 17 and just out of high school. I had been saving all my money from graduation and working for my first "car". Found this 1980 K5 Blazer from a farmer. It was in the bar and had a bug shield naming it "Bad Attitude". I gave my dad $1000 and financed the other $2500 through him to buy it. Had some of my best times in there until I blew the engine drag racing a van. I lived in a Midwestern farm community and it gave me the abilty to go anywhere.

I later moved to Houston and got a car when I could afford one because I needed something dependable and easy to maneuver in the Houston traffic. As soon as that got totaled, I got the 99 Jeep TJ Sahara to bring me back to the feeling of my Blazer. After that I had a few pickups and an economical Accord we had my son and gas was $4 a gallon and I had a long commute to work. My commute has become about 10 yards, so when the time was right I got a 21 JLUR. I feel like I'm 17 again. And now my 13 yr old son gets to be hooked too.

FAE487AB-C41F-42D1-B836-F4331871D2B5_1_201_a.jpeg

IMG_2396.jpeg
That’s funny Kelly. Had 1980 K5 blazer in my teens. Then many many trucks in between. Grabbed a TJ and rebuilt/built with my son when he was 15 to spend quality time and teach a little mechanics. We had that for about six years and then I got tired of always repairing something on it so bought a used 18 JL Sport and started tinkering. I find myself driving it more than anything else.
Jeep Wrangler JL What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon? 6BBA8155-EFCC-4DA7-86C0-31E367268347
Jeep Wrangler JL What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon? 903DD03F-3CEC-4CC7-918C-AC49DD48B2A0
Jeep Wrangler JL What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon? C66768C9-988D-4BB8-BDA9-23E0623096C9
Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
That’s funny Kelly. Had 1980 K5 blazer in my teens. Then many many trucks in between. Grabbed a TJ and rebuilt/built with my son when he was 15 to spend quality time and teach a little mechanics. We had that for about six years and then I got tired of always repairing something on it so bought a used 18 JL Sport and started tinkering. I find myself driving it more than anything else.
Jeep Wrangler JL What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon? C66768C9-988D-4BB8-BDA9-23E0623096C9
Nice! Looks like we had the same Tube grill. I also had a tiny steering wheel.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It certainly has become a bandwagon, that's for sure. Driving down highways these days is like an explosion of jelly-bean colored JLs lol

A selfish part of me is kind of annoyed by how many wranglers are on the road these days. But really it's just the segment in general is absolutely exploding. Everybody wants an offroady-looking SUV. It's just the way of the country right now. And then the Bronco is out, every other vehicle is gonna be some form of jeep or bronco lol

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Jeeps have something most other vehicles don’t... character. Character is how does it make you feel when you drive it. That’s why they’re amazing.
There are plenty of other vehicles that are cheaper, with more features, better gas mileage, better handling and more comfort.... but they lack character.

EdSoCal81

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Missed having a convertible and driving manual. Sold a model 3 and ordered a JLU soft top in manual. The anticipation and wait is killer

Sponsored

JimBob

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2.0 Turbo
Occupation
Retired Navy Chief Hospital Corpsman
When I finally test drove a JL Wrangler Sport S two weeks ago, it was really just to confirm that it would be too punishing to drive for my back to endure and then quit fantasizing about getting one. Well, color me shocked- it was comfortable! And quick with the 2.0 turbo. The last "real" Jeep I drove, 40 years ago, was a buddy's 70's model of some kind that was a handful on the road coming back from Anza Borrego. So, while still in shock, I bought it on the spot. Having a ball letting Amazon (and others) help me enter my 4th or 5th childhood.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
My cousin wants a Wrangler, but tells me that the known issue with snow & ice accumulation on the windscreen is a Hard Stop for him.
Snow and ice accumulation on a new JL? I really wished the very flat windshield of my soft top CJ5 could produce enough warmth to allow the snow and ice to accumulate.

Snow flurries would require me to have the defroster on full blast to try to keep ice from building up on the INSIDE of the windshield.

In the meantime my fingers and toes would begin to turn numb from the cold on my 15 mile commute to work with that Jeep.

The heater in my JL is advanced light years compared to that CJ. No hard stop for me but Minnesota probably isn't as cold and snowy a climate as Texas. At least not this year.

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
That TJ is absolutely beautiful.

Sponsored

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I wanted something fun and something to work for! I just go outside and stare at it. I've wanted one since I was 15.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Well, partly nostalgia due to the fact that the first vehicle I ever drove was an old Willys Jeep pickup...As a kid I spent part of a summer at a friends ranch, they had an old Willys Jeep pickup and we used to roll down the windows and blast through the apple orchard collecting a cab full of apples as we laughed like hyenas...

But I mainly bought a JLR as I wanted the most capable, coolest looking, out-of-the-box 4x4 available! Mission accomplished!!

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
No hyperbole here - I was in a phase where I was riding my motorcycle exclusively by choice. This included Washington winters. Not the smartest. One winter I was really cabin-feverish and I was riding up a winding road to a trailhead where I was gonna hike in to do some shooting. Musta looked pretty weird in retrospect - snow on side of road, rifle scabbard on back, on a bike. Hit a snow patch...that was it. Bought a wrangler the next day.
Sponsored