Sponsored

What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon?

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
If not for COVID, I wouldn’t have a Jeep. Been a Honda/Acura manual shift guy for 40 years, and the problem with Honda/Acura is their usefulness outlives their desirability! Great reliable commuters that last far too long, but not much more. You buy a couple of them, and you wake up one day an old man. I vowed years ago not to spend another penny on my ‘06 TL 6MT, so when the timing belt went South last Summer @ 245K, my immediate reaction was to buy a new 6MT Accord or TL A-SPEC AT. I mean why not, it was what I was used to. After driving both, they were “useful,” but not “desirable.” Working from home and not immediately “needing“ a ride to work the next morning gave me the opportunity to take a step back and (for a month or so) think about what I wanted and not just what I needed. I have a couple close friends and a neighbor with Jeeps, but for whatever reason I never once considered buying one. However, a convertible stick checked all the right boxes, and now here I am 9 months later wondering what took me so long to drink the Kool-Aid!
Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I started with a '93 YJ with a 4.0. Loved it. Sold it and got a '88 Cherokee 4.0. Loved it, missed the 'Jeep' Sold it . Got a '97 TJ. Loved it. Also had a '88 SJ (grand Wagoneer) Wish I still had it. Somewhere in there I had a ZJ. Not sure where.

Got married and had a baby. Got a Chevy Trailblazer (02) then a Silverado, then a Sierra.

Finally got back into a 2 door JK ('16). Realized I wanted a Rubicon, got a '14 JKUR (in Dune, love that color). Now I have a Punk'n JLUR. Love that color also.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Let's be honest: they're kind of pigs to drive, not very good on the highway. But God, are they a blast.

There's a s*** ton of great cars on the market. Yet, if you're like me, there's absolutely no f'n way you'll buy anything else than a Wrangler. Okay, maybe an FJ Cruiser...or a Defender. Or a Bronco.

So, what made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon?

Personally, I moved from the city to the country, back in September '20. And when you say "country" in Eastern Quebec, it REALLY means "country".

And I quickly realized that in the country, you need two things: 4X4 and ground clearance. My little AWD CX-30 didn't cut it.

So yeah, I test drove a Wrangler since I always wanted one but always seen that as "the cool car i'll never get because it doesn't make much sense"...

...and now am hooked...AND it's making a lot of sense.
This has always been my exact thoughts. I'm more of a European/Asian sports-car/luxury kinda person. This was my 50th birthday present to myself since I wanted something "fun".

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
That’s funny Kelly. Had 1980 K5 blazer in my teens. Then many many trucks in between. Grabbed a TJ and rebuilt/built with my son when he was 15 to spend quality time and teach a little mechanics. We had that for about six years and then I got tired of always repairing something on it so bought a used 18 JL Sport and started tinkering. I find myself driving it more than anything else.
6BBA8155-EFCC-4DA7-86C0-31E367268347.jpeg
903DD03F-3CEC-4CC7-918C-AC49DD48B2A0.jpeg
C66768C9-988D-4BB8-BDA9-23E0623096C9.jpeg
My story is much like @Walker Texas Wrangler. My first car was a ‘77 Maverick, upgraded to a new ‘89 samurai a couple years out of high school and loved that thing. But even while I had the samurai and forever after I basically wanted “the real thing”. I graduated to mostly trucks after the samurai, one Accord, one 86 Bronco, and couldn’t see myself in the smaller Jeeps. Then the wife and I were very happy 4Runner/Tundra owners for years but we broke our mold in 2021, which landed her in a Subaru and me sole owner of the combo above. I didn’t really care for having two vehicles, one mostly collecting moss up here in the NW, so I “compromised“ and finally got my first “Jeep”, a 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Loved it, but something didn’t seem right. Somehow I found myself looking at Wranglers and finally without the “too small” stigma, once I lost that, I think I was all in. I think the whole 2021 vehicle swapping was just the game I had to play to get myself in a Wrangler. Now it’s just the waiting game, ordered JLUR on Valentine’s Day! Hoping I never regret letting go of the Mojave, and not planning to entertain those thoughts anyway. It is what it is - until it ain’t.

BTW, those decals on the JL are great, as is the JL! Can you point me to where you got them?

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
My story is much like Walker Texas Wrangler’s. My first car was a ‘77 Maverick, upgraded to a new ‘89 samurai a couple years out of high school and loved that thing. But even while I had the samurai and forever after I basically wanted “the real thing”. I graduated to mostly trucks after the samurai, one Accord, one 86 Bronco, and couldn’t see myself in the smaller Jeeps. Then the wife and I were very happy 4Runner/Tundra owners for years but we broke our mold in 2021, which landed her in a Subaru and me sole owner of the combo above. I didn’t really care for having two vehicles, one mostly collecting moss up here in the NW, so I “compromised“ and finally got my first “Jeep”, a 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Loved it, but something didn’t seem right. Somehow I found myself looking at Wranglers and finally without the “too small” stigma, once I lost that, I think I was all in. I think the whole 2021 vehicle swapping was just the game I had to play to get myself in a Wrangler. Now it’s just the waiting game, ordered JLUR on Valentine’s Day! Hoping I never regret letting go of the Mojave, and not planning to entertain those thoughts anyway. It is what it is - until it ain’t.

BTW, those decals on the JL are great, as is the JL! Can you point me to where you got them?
Hey Vinny. Great story :)
As for the decals, I had a local wrap shop do for me. I laid out what I wanted (color and thickness) and he ordered and installed. I know pixeldecals has similar products and very reputable on this forum. We are close in waiting game. I also ordered a new JLUR that week.

Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Hey Vinny. Great story :)
As for the decals, I had a local wrap shop do for me. I laid out what I wanted (color and thickness) and he ordered and installed. I know pixeldecals has similar products and very reputable on this forum. We are close in waiting game. I also ordered a new JLUR that week.
Thanks for the mention. @Pepper23 I can most definitely replicate the decals on @hoag4147 jeep. They are a bit different than my standard offerings but easy enough to get you what you want.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I am on Wrangler number 5. A YJ, two TJ's and a JK. A 4 wheel drive convertible.....

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I love the utility of my JLUR, it can go any where, through, snow, water crossing, good in heavy rain and floods, dessert, it's fun to drive, it doesn't feel like a pig to me, I enjoy running errands and even commuting in it, driving through tight mountain roads it feels sporty even with a 3 inch lift and 35s, i love the rawness, how the faster you go the louder it gets in the cabin, when its cold it's cold and when it's hot it's hot

It's rough and rugged, it's like a mini tank or monster truck, I don't slow down for speed bumps or dips, it has alot of character, roof and doors come off with ease, it's bad ass driving in the summer like that, the customization is endless, exploring and camping is fun, for me it's an amazing vehicle to own and drive, I don't think I'll even be jeepless.

I also daily a CBR1000RR which is a uncomfortable daily driver but for the same reason its exciting to ride, same with the jeep.

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I am on Wrangler number 5. A YJ, two TJ's and a JK. A 4 wheel drive convertible.....
Yep, 4-wheel drive and convertible, you can ignore my longer post earlier, haha, you summed it up just fine!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
First vehicle was a gray Chrysler Cutlass Calais at age 17. Then came two older model Cherokees. Then a yellow 2007 H3… that was fun! Then sold it and didn’t have a personal vehicle for a while due to getting a “company” car. Then after changing jobs and losing the company car, got a new 2014 Cherokee. Drove that until June 2021 when I finally got the Wrangler. Always wanted a “fun” vehicle like a wrangler. Wife and I aren’t having kids, so finally decided to spring for the two-door I always wanted as a kid! 😊👍 Adult Tonka truck I guess!

Sponsored

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
Well, I had (have) been a Ford guy forever, spare the lone Corvette. I bought a Raptor and 16 months (6/21) later the dealer contacted me about selling it back to them. They paid me $8k more than I paid WITH TAX! So away it went. Went and drooled on a Corvette for about an hour before I came to my senses. Saw my JLR on the 'web, went and test drove it and parted ways with my stack of cash. Took the difference from the Raptor to Jeep and bought a Ducati.
So far I am really pleased with the Jeep. I now know it will go places the Raptor can only dream about.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Ex girlfriend from high school. Had a yellow CJ5. Good memories - I can still see it when I close my eyes.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
The Bronco cluster-bleep made me look into the Wrangler. But no regrets, and actually happy for the circumstance. Super stoked with my '22 JLU Rubicon!

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Started with McDonald’s when I was a kid.
Jeep Wrangler JL What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon? 98A738CC-6EA7-4466-A23E-6E5744089F06

Then a friend had an 84 cj7.
Then Jurassic Park.
Then round headlights returned.
Then I saw the 4 door unlimited.

My path was predetermined.
Just needed the income. lol

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Chicks dig guys in jeeps and nothing hotter than a lady, ball cap on backwards, top off, driving a Jeep. Simple.
Sponsored