Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The moment it was concreted in my brain was when I saw the cult classic, "The North Shore." It combined my two new obsessions: Jeeps and surfing.
i178531.jpg

And lets not forget this:
images.jpeg

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
I'm a convertible guy that never really thought of Jeeps. Then I adopted twins from Ukraine and needed something that could haul a wheelchair. I've wanted a 4 door jeep since they first came out and I finally got one this year. I have the top down almost every time I drive it. I'm slowly becoming a Jeeper as I pass a hill and wonder if I could climb it. Never thought like that before. :)

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Babes going topless

Actually it's the whole look of the 2 door.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a convertible guy that never really thought of Jeeps. Then I adopted twins from Ukraine and needed something that could haul a wheelchair. I've wanted a 4 door jeep since they first came out and I finally got one this year. I have the top down almost every time I drive it. I'm slowly becoming a Jeeper as I pass a hill and wonder if I could climb it. Never thought like that before. :)
When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail! And I’ll tell you what, when you see that hill I bet you that you can climb it.

When I was a punk kid riding around with my parents, everywhere we went I’d see places I wanted to skateboard. Sets of stairs to ollie or kickflip down, rails to grind, etc.

Years later when I got my first Jeep, I’d always be on the lookout for places to wheel, trails, mud puddles, hills to climb. I’m still like that with my current jeep.

During my brief hiatus from the jeep world when I had my mustang I was always looking for an empty on-ramp.

Sponsored

Garweft

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Around 1990-92, I was in 8th-9th grade, and there was a guy in his 20’s that lived in the neighborhood. He had longish blonde hair, an awesome border collie, and always had a hot girlfriend. He also drove a green Jeep that never seemed to have its doors or top on.

Always wanted to be like him but.... my hair looks awful when it’s long, my dog doesn’t listen for anything, and I’ve never been great with women.... but I do have good credit and a well paying job so I can at least be in a Jeep.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
My love of jeeps started when I was a young kid. We used to spend our summers at my great-grandparents' cottage in northern Indiana. The property had a very long, very steep hill that led down to the lake. My great-grandfather had cut a trail with switchbacks into the side of the hill and we used to get down to the lake in a battleship gray '48 2A they had purchased as surplus from the Navy sometime in the 50s. For over 40 years, that dependable 2A lugged 4 generations of the family up and down the hill and moved the boat to and from its winter storage (although the boat had to go the long way around on the public road). With the grown-ups riding up front, my little brother and I would sit in the back on the wheel wells for the bumpy ride, listening to the tailgate chains bang in rhythm to the bumps on the trail as the engine fan sang happily to itself, especially when going up the hill. When I was 14, my grandfather surprised me one day by telling me to sit on the drivers side. It took me a few seconds to catch on, but I soon realized I was going to learn how to drive on my old friend. After a few bone-rattling starts, I mastered (in my 14-year old mind anyway) the use of the clutch and my grandfather had me drive the long way back to the garage from the lakefront. From that point, I was hooked. I knew I absolutely had to have a jeep of my own when I grew up.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Around 1990-92, I was in 8th-9th grade, and there was a guy in his 20’s that lived in the neighborhood. He had longish blonde hair, an awesome border collie, and always had a hot girlfriend. He also drove a green Jeep that never seemed to have its doors or top on.

Always wanted to be like him but.... my hair looks awful when it’s long, my dog doesn’t listen for anything, and I’ve never been great with women.... but I do have good credit and a well paying job so I can at least be in a Jeep.
:CWL:

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
My love of jeeps started when i first rented one on Martha's Vineyard. I keep dreaming about them for three years till we took a family trip to Moab and I rented another one to do some trails. After that trip I had to have one and purchased a nice Yellow Rubicon. I never plan to get rid of this jeep and my daughter already thinks it will be hers when she can drive.

Last edited:
First Name
Harper
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TheSharperSociety.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S - Sting-Gray & 2005 KY Liberty Sport
Occupation
Product Designer - Automotive Industry
The KY 2005 Liberty that I still have/drive was my first Jeep, but since I was little, I've always fawned over anything military-related. It goes without saying that I absolutely adored the Wranglers and SUVs alike (old Defenders, Land Cruisers, etc). I was also a huge Cherokee fan.

I work in the auto industry myself, and I really just find most cars to be boring. They simply lack that emotional enjoyment that is attached to it and the DIY lego-like fun that comes with it. Everything is so homogenous and "round" and chrome this, chrome that. Nothing much out there is really as tangible as a Jeep anymore, if that makes any sense. I struggled a lot with being financially stable until much later in life, so I was never able to buy a brand new car. I did the next sensible thing to me and I'd rent Wranglers with my dog to go on our little excursions and hike.

My Uncle was a ship inspector, but unfortunately, he caught Mesothelioma from the job he loved so much. Before he passed, he gave me his Liberty and I am still holding on to it and maintaining it. I love it and don't plan on ever getting rid of this post-Cherokee Jeep.

Fast-forward to this year, and I have my very first brand new, never previously owned car and it's a Sting-gray JLU Sport S! I am having so much fun working on it myself. Although I don't have financial means to deck it out for Rubicon-ready expeditions, I'm modding within reason and utility fit for the lifestyle my dog and I share. And I'm damn happy.

Sponsored

ozzysjeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange 2018 2dr JL
A friend in high school. His dad had an early 50s Willys that we would cruise around in. That was 1976. I've rode in various jeeps, liberty, cj, yj, tj, and now jl.
My 5th wrangler is my favorite, 18 JL Sport S with a few ozz-ifications. Thanks to fellow forum members for providing the parts and advice.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The first time in a Jeep for me was in high school going off-road with a friend of a friend. I couldn't tell you who owned the Jeep, but I remember that blue CJ. SO MUCH FUN.

My first car was a 20-year old '65 MGB and roadsters were in my blood. I *loved* that car. It wasn't until many years later that I was able to get into another roadster and got my first of two Miatas. Happiness.

At that time, my husband got a JKUR (the one in my avatar) and we had fun modding and off-roading it. I loved that Jeep! I loved it with the doors and top off and loved going off-road. We took it to Colorado and Moab and that was one of the best trips ever.

Long story short...my husband sold the Jeep a little over a year ago. Recently I knew I had to sell my Miata due to shoulder/knee issues. I took a test drive in a JL and that was it :involve:!!!

So now I have my Jeep and my husband has his 981 roadster. Funny how that ended up :)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I had a convertible as a secondary car for a decade and loved it. Unfortunately I had to part ways with it in 2016 and after 3 years I began looking at convertible options as my primary ride. I had to crawl out of my last ragtop and have reached the age where that doesn't look pretty and while I love sticks, a performance clutch becomes a pain in traffic. I've always liked Jeeps so the JLU soft top become an easy choice after test driving though mine won't see much offroading. 3k miles on it so far with the top up for maybe 400 of those miles.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've always like the jeep when watching daisy and macgyver. when my brother got a 00 tj i love it. in 07 i was going to get the first year jk, but didnt because it was a first year production and the interior was hard as a rock and uncomfortable. so i ended up getting a 07 grand cherokee. when the grand cherokee took a dump, i went straight to the jl wrangler. i wished i got a tj at the same time my brother got his.

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Family man Moving from the north to Texas, I wanted to enjoy as much of the sun as possible and was looking for a convertible. The wife said you can buy whatever convertible you want as long as it has 4 doors. Well that took me from a sports car to a Nissan cabriolet Murano or a Wrangler real fast. Have enjoyed my Wrangler everyday since.
Sponsored